Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #57
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
Yes I concur, here is a video of a car on the Autobahn, its not a Camaro but it would be nice to be able to legally do this in the U.S.

http://s338.photobucket.com/user/bum...193_2.mp4.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
I wish there was a highway in the United States comparable to the Autobahn

-Nick C.
2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #58
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
Very good points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Nothing legal about this at all. Ever heard the saying "shit rolls down hill". Your going to put a lot of people jobs on the line for 10mins of fun. Seeing as how you don't have the proper clearance to go on the air strip, that's the first person and not the last that will either get suspended of their duties or fired if you were to get caught. Personally, I wouldn't do it. There is a reason they have a 10 minute window because there is surveillance. My airfield has it, theres does too. But hey, our opinions don't matter, so not sure why you even asked us. If you want to do it bad enough you'll do it.
2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #59
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_williams_82 View Post
So I was offered just this afternoon to go out to our local airport and take a run down a 1.8 mile runway to get the car to top speed! Would anyone take the offer? Here's my "cards" I was dealt for this to happen.....
1- I have to be at airport around 8:30 tonight to take a "tour" of the tower! (Obviously it's a tower operator who's getting me this opportunity)
2- I'll have a 10 minute "window" to do it! (After management leaves and I would have to leave the airport with the tower operators! Is it ever a good idea to do things after management leaves?)
3- It's my $55K car not theirs, so it's easy for them to say "DO IT! DO IT!"

Would any of you guys do this? Seems very risky to me, to possibly lose my car or worse get in trouble with the law! The operators assure me that it will be ok and it will be a clean surface from them walking it for the morning flights.
...no traffic, no pedestrians, no Johnny Law.....wut? After reading some of the latest responses I would ad about the liablity factor, if your teeth weren't cut on this, don't do it. Otherwise, you have a free pass.