Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-20-2019, 07:36 AM   #43
mbesman
Great White

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Here ya go...all day fun.. C8 online configurator.
https://visualizer-east.chevrolet.co...US&channel=b2c
Old 07-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #44
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Man I really didnt think I was going to like the C8, but they knocked it out of the park. Love the looks
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #45
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yes its nice, Yes someday I might own one...Used..LOL, give it time to develop, not into first year blues..... Aftermarket is going to have a bunch of pent up demand, and then it will of course work around and aftermarket ECU etc will be developed its inevitable. Its going to be like a unicorn, but hey they come around and then the guys who have to have the latest will trade in their other toys....And that's a opportunity, as for me ….My Camaros never going anywhere... its my daily and accepts easily new engines....ETC.
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr, Powermaster xs 9509 starter, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels,Toyo Proxes 4+, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body LED, DRL rewire, Sparks badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 oil, NGK TR6IX , Granatelli wires.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #46
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Yes its nice, Yes someday I might own one...Used..LOL, give it time to develop, not into first year blues..... Aftermarket is going to have a bunch of pent up demand, and then it will of course work around and aftermarket ECU etc will be developed its inevitable. Its going to be like a unicorn, but hey they come around and then the guys who have to have the latest will trade in their other toys....And that's a opportunity, as for me ….My Camaros never going anywhere... its my daily and accepts easily new engines....ETC.
Agreed. A pretty radical change to buy at the beginning of its developmental cycle. You might say that about the 2010 Camaro I guess but they had a little experience with a front engine - rear wheel drive performance car.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #47
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
true.maybe someday after the camaro is wore out,if im still able to drive.by then they should be available on the used market and the kinks worked out.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #48
LT1Zob

Drives: 13 AGM 1LE SOLD / 16 BLK C7 Z51 M7
Technological marvel, unbeatable price, small block V8. I’ll never say never, but DCT only, no manual option, from the people who brought us the A8 (Corvette, Camaro, Yukon, GMC truck). No thanks for now, it’s a brand new platform with a trans that needs to prove itself. I’ll wait a few years until they debug the whole car.
Until then, my C7 M7 for the win for me.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #49
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2015 AGM 2SS 1LE
I love it, and really kind of want one. The only gripe I really have is that silly, silly row of console buttons. Not sure why anyone looked at that and said "this isn't only intuitive, but looks awesome!"

Headroom looks a bit sketchy.. I did watch a clip of a guy claiming to be 6'2" and having plenty of headroom, but still.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #50
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2015 AGM 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISCAM View Post
I watched the entire presentation last night. I've honestly never been much of a Vette fan, but I realize how big a deal the whole mid-engine 'revolution' is for the Vette.
I was pleasantly surprised by the looks of it. However, the lack of an M6 option as well as the sub-500 hp power rating was a bit of a letdown.
Does anyone know how much they're going to weigh? Maybe if they're light enough the 495 hp will still make them as fast or faster than the LT1 C7 base models.
Will be cool to eventually see them around on the roads as they do resemble much more expensive "super cars" at a bargain price.
The HP is better than I'd have thought, but I am curious as to how much of a leech the transmission is.

Also, a Z06 is pretty much guaranteed.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:23 PM   #51
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
The HP is better than I'd have thought, but I am curious as to how much of a leech the transmission is.

Also, a Z06 is pretty much guaranteed.
Well, it does have Tri-Y headers.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #52
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
The more I see of this car the more I realize I want one. I love the looks of the car, especially like the rear end and side profile with the roof panel off.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS L99 - TSP Longtubes (Catless), X-Pipe, FM Outlaw Axle Back (w/MBRP GFX Tips), Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 Catch Can, Granatelli wires/NGK TR6IX Plugs, 160* Stat, Vitesse Throttle Controller, STOP-TECH Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors w/Hawk HB453Z.585 Performance Ceramic Pads, ZL1 Leather Steering Wheel, ZL1 Add-Ons Wicker Bill Spoiler, SLP Front Splitter - Megan Racing Adjustable Coilovers, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s - LS3 Swap in Progress
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:05 PM   #53
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
0 to 60 under 3 seconds 495hp NA 6.2 ..starting under $60,000
If it's all the above, no wonder they're not going to make a Camaro 7th Gen.

Under $60k for that isn't too bad!

The way the exhaust is routed makes me think DIY Twin Turbo kits will be easy, too.
Kooks Jet Hot Ceramic Coated Headers
Kooks full true 3in exhaust
Trick Flow GenX 255's with Polished PAC .660's and Ti-retainers
Texas Speed VVT 3.2 cam kit w/DoD Delete
Texas Speed 1.72:1 Roller Rocker Arm Set
AEM X-Series OBDII Widebands
Fuel Injector Clinic ID1300x Injectors
GM ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
DSX Tuning Flex Fuel Kit + E85
DSX Auxiliary Fuel System
JRE 6L80E Dipstick
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs #7 heat range