Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2020, 10:18 AM   #1
ticowarbird
BOHIC
 
ticowarbird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Posts: 550
Too low. Bmr+Koni yellows vs aFe Coilover.

Hard for me to say but lately I believe my car is too low. Current setup is Bmr 1" drop springs with koni yellows but looking at the aFe Control PFADT Series Featherlight Single Adjustable Drag Racing Coilover System. Anybody running anything similar? Car is mostly street driven and occasionally I get to take it to the strip, soon to have more power too.
__________________
She's in the shop...again
ticowarbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,783
I run single adjustable Ridetechs. Lowered 1”. Looks about right but wouldn’t go lower or scraps splitter on my steep driveway
__________________
Mods: Magnaflow 3" comp catback/Rotofab CAI/Apex Scoop/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers/tune/ Ridetech coilovers/DSE swaybars /BMR cradle bushings, toe links and trailing arms/Stage 1 cam/ 3.91 gears-439/420 RWHP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:32 AM   #3
ticowarbird
BOHIC
 
ticowarbird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I run single adjustable Ridetechs. Lowered 1”. Looks about right but wouldn’t go lower or scraps splitter on my steep driveway
I'm scraping everywhere especially on the highway and trailers. The car just got picked up to go up to Katech and the driver got it stuck on his battery charger.
__________________
She's in the shop...again
ticowarbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #4
KillboyPowerhead
 
Drives: 2015 1LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 643
I believe GM states that the Camaro has a 5" ground clearance from the lowest point. Maybe measure from the ground to the lowest point (front sub frame?) and see how low you actually are.

Did you time the bushings after replacing the springs (or any arms)? If not this could make the car higher or lower than the states 1" drop of the lowering springs.
__________________
K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake, 80mm Throttle Body, Ported Intake Manifolds, Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Custom Dyno Tune; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:53 AM   #5
ticowarbird
BOHIC
 
ticowarbird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
I believe GM states that the Camaro has a 5" ground clearance from the lowest point. Maybe measure from the ground to the lowest point (front sub frame?) and see how low you actually are.

Did you time the bushings after replacing the springs (or any arms)? If not this could make the car higher or lower than the states 1" drop of the lowering springs.
Did all of this and koni yellows at the same time:

BMR Suspension parts:
SP019 Lowering Springs Kit (Set of 4- 1 Inch Drop)
SB030 Sway Bar Kit F & R
BK031 Total Bushing Kit Pro Version
SFC015 Subframe Connectors
DTB004 Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace
TR003 Toe Rods Adj
TCA026 Trailing Arm
TCA028 Lower Control Arms Non-Adj
STB014 Strut Tower Bar
ELK005 Front End Link Kit
FC002 Camber Bolts
__________________
She's in the shop...again
ticowarbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:01 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
I'm scraping everywhere especially on the highway and trailers. The car just got picked up to go up to Katech and the driver got it stuck on his battery charger.
With my 19” wheels I scrape going down my drive angle to street. With my street 20” wheels I have no problem other then have to watch out for tall parking lot bumpers .

Measure your height from lower wheel lip to top of fender arch. On 20” wheels front should be 25.875”, rear at 26.125”, on a 1/4 tank gas. Your 18” wheels will be 1” lower. Tolerance is about +- 3/16”

Your 18” wheels are the problem . When my friend runs his he scraped all over
__________________
Mods: Magnaflow 3" comp catback/Rotofab CAI/Apex Scoop/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers/tune/ Ridetech coilovers/DSE swaybars /BMR cradle bushings, toe links and trailing arms/Stage 1 cam/ 3.91 gears-439/420 RWHP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:06 PM   #7
ticowarbird
BOHIC
 
ticowarbird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
With my 19” wheels I scrape going down my drive angle to street. With my street 20” wheels I have no problem other then have to watch out for tall parking lot bumpers .

Measure your height from lower wheel lip to top of fender arch. On 20” wheels front should be 25.875”, rear at 26.125”, on a 1/4 tank gas. Your 18” wheels will be 1” lower. Tolerance is about +- 3/16”

Your 18” wheels are the problem . When my friend runs his he scraped all over
Well I'm not changing the wheels anytime soon unless I go with a 15 in the back. Now looking at aFe vs lingenfelter for a street/drag setup.
__________________
She's in the shop...again
ticowarbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:24 AM   #8
Athletics101
 
Athletics101's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen L99
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posts: 183
What tire are you running a 305/45r18 is stock height.
__________________
L99 converted to LS3. TSP 229/244 cam, TSP LS3 ported and milled heads milled .015. Kooks long tubes no cats, CAI brand intake, Borla arak cat back. Forgestar F14 18’s and drag radials ”, pedders coil overs, BMR trailing arms, adjustable toe rods ,BMR strut tower brace, Corbeau seats and 5 points, Braum harness bar, rear seat delete, various aero mods under 3600 pounds
Athletics101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:26 AM   #9
ticowarbird
BOHIC
 
ticowarbird's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletics101 View Post
What tire are you running a 305/45r18 is stock height.

Street
Front 265/50-18 = 28.4" tall, 8w
Rear 305/45-18 = 28.8" tall, 11w
Nitto 555 front and 555r rear tires,
*
Strip
Front 28x6R-18LT = 28" tall, 6w
Rear 305/45-18 = 28.8" tall, 11w
Mickey Thompson SR Radials front and
ET Street R rear tires
__________________
She's in the shop...again
ticowarbird is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.