Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #127
ven

Drives: 2012 1ls camaro all black (so far)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Is the '12 LFX in the Camaro E85? Has anyone checked for sure that it has a yellow E85 gas cap?
I haven't yet because I'm still on my first tank of gas lol! I'll check the cap n litriture and let you know
Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #128
ven

Well no yellow gas cap on mine, I'll read through the owners info and see if I can't dig up some info on e85 compatibility
Old 09-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #129
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
I'll stick with my 2010 thank you very much.

Well maybe an upgrade to an SS but wouldn't trade it for the 2012 V6 not even for an extra 11 horses
Old 09-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #130
CSM088

Drives: 1981 Z28 // 2010 1SS LS3
Hey new 2012 LFX owners - can we get some updates!? Excited to hear about how this thing performs, and sounds, and your overall impressions. Can someone snap a video with decent audio of the exhaust?

EDIT: Found this:

(still want to hear whatever's new with your cars)
CSM088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:09 AM   #131
ven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSM088 View Post
Hey new 2012 LFX owners - can we get some updates!? Excited to hear about how this thing performs, and sounds, and your overall impressions. Can someone snap a video with decent audio of the exhaust?

EDIT: Found this:

(still want to hear whatever's new with your cars)
I love my 2012 LFX! Im just over 500 miles so I'm still breaking it in lol! The car handles great and has plenty of power to get going. The exhaust note Is a little tame from the drivers seat ( for my taste ) but thats nothing an mrt 2.0 won't fix! Once I get it over a thousand miles I'll run it out and give you an update. She needs a wash now so after that I will film an exhaust clip and post a link here for you. As far as the new stuff goes, it's nice not to have paid extra for the hands free controls and bluetooh stuff one less mod to do! I just think gm should have included the pdim to complete the package. Also having cruise control with my 6 speed is nice
Old 09-18-2011, 01:39 AM   #132
CSM088

Drives: 1981 Z28 // 2010 1SS LS3
Ven, is the passenger's seat 6-way adjustable? Like, can you manually increase the height like the driver's seat?

Also, did you ever drive the LLT? I can't remember if it was you that said they had actually test drove both at some point. Just looking for a comparison between the feel of the cars. I don't really expect much, though one guy did say he felt the LFX seemed smoother at high RPM's.
CSM088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #133
SpeeedyJoe

Drives: 2012 2LT RS black/black
Are there any experiences about the LFX engine? Any problems yet?

I am a little bit concerned about the integrated exhaust manifold! I know just enough about engines that I think there might be a problem with those manifolds. I guess there could be a lot of stress to the engine head because of temp and pressure peaks at higher prolonged rpm's?!?

Last edited by SpeeedyJoe; 09-19-2011 at 01:38 PM.
SpeeedyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #134
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeeedyJoe View Post
Are there any experiences about the LFX engine? Any problems yet?

I am alittle bit concerned about the integrated exhaust manifold! I know just enough about engines that I think there might be a problem with those manifolds. I guess there could be a lot of stress to the engine head because of temp and pressure peaks at higher prolonged rpm's?!?
I highly doubt there will be an issue. The validation testing they do on engines is pretty severe, should be well sorted out before hitting the public. Other manufacturers have used a similar approach with success.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #135
ven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSM088 View Post
Ven, is the passenger's seat 6-way adjustable? Like, can you manually increase the height like the driver's seat?

Also, did you ever drive the LLT? I can't remember if it was you that said they had actually test drove both at some point. Just looking for a comparison between the feel of the cars. I don't really expect much, though one guy did say he felt the LFX seemed smoother at high RPM's.
The passenger power contr Only adjusts the seat back postion, since I'm never on that side I really hadn't noticed lol! I test drove the llt and don't think I had enough time with it to make an accurate comparison, I will say that I haven't had an issue with shifting from 1st to 2nd like most have. This v6 does outshine any previous v6 that I have owned, however I feel that it feels lacking in torque a bit. Hopefully a few mods can push me into the seat a little better but for now I've already started prepping for my first cosmetic mods, hopefully by January I can have an intake and exhaust in.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #136
yardstick

Drives: 2012 Black 1SS
Bought a 1LT w/RS package. Power seats both sides...look on the back left spoke of the steering wheel and found the work CRUZE LS...lol. Engine smooth and noticible power increase. Exhaust much quieter at idle than 11 V6. I know..had both. Fuel efficiency slightly down from the 11...at least on mine and I believe it is the wider tires of the RS package vs the plain 1LS.
yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #137
Endless
Never Surrender!

Drives: '11 Rally Yellow Camaro LS
Cherry!
Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #138
ven

i finally hit 1k miles on my 2012! i can say that i havent had any problems shifting out of 1st like others so thats nice
Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #139
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I would assume a composite intake would lower the manifold air temp by a few degrees too vs an aluminum one.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #140
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ven View Post
i finally hit 1k miles on my 2012! i can say that i havent had any problems shifting out of 1st like others so thats nice
They didn't change the transmission, did they?
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote