Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
htg39

Drives: Corvette ZR1 2012 Centennial.
2013 ZL1 CONVERTIBLE...."A WINNER"

This coming from a long time Corvette owner who also now has a 2013 Corvette....
I had a 2012 ZL1 Coupe, and I think the Convertible matches it or Exceeds it.....For one I think the Blind Spots aren't as bad...the New Mirror is a far Superior, and the New Navigation System and Radio is a big Improvement especially over the Antiquated Corvette System.
The Convertible Top looks great and the Dealer says it looks completely different especially in the Interior.... Car is Quiet on the inside and no rattles, or Wind Resistence that I can notice.....with the top down and without the restictor inside there is little Wind Buffeting and you can hear the radio......
How it operates on the Track--do not have a clue.......Harvey
GREAT JOB MIKE AND THE ENTIRE OSHAWA STAFF
htg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Good to hear since I'm picking mine up this Saturday!
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
And I just love my ZL1 Vert (I traded in a 2011 Vert).

When you have a chance go ahead had head over to 'ZL1 registery'.com (without the space) and add your's to the registration list.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Car and Driver likes it, too. Their new issue pits it against a BMW, with the Z-Vert winning out.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
flyjbaker

Drives: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Car and Driver likes it, too. Their new issue pits it against a BMW, with the Z-Vert winning out.
If you read the article you'd realize that it was a "conditional" comparison. The M6 pretty much spanked it in every category....just FYI.
flyjbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyjbaker View Post
If you read the article you'd realize that it was a "conditional" comparison. The M6 pretty much spanked it in every category....just FYI.
I did read the article today at the bookstore, and saw that Car and Driver liked the ZL1 better, which is why I said Car and Driver likes it

Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
flyjbaker

And if they were given the choice of the two cars with no other things considered, what do you think they would choose??....based on your comprehension of the article?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Flyjbaker, based on your understanding of the article, which car won? Please answer without changing the conditions applied by the article's authors. If you do, you are basically writing a different article.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
AKA
Go SteeleRS/SS

Drives: '11 SS/RS LS3
A winner only because it was half the price of the M6. I read the article and heres what i get from it. The M6 weighed alot more (Around 500 lbs), had a smaller engine, and less power but its still faster. Nobody should ever say its because it weighs so much and has less power is the reason the ZL1 is slower than the GT500. I guess the debate on this article will be auto vs manual or super charged vs turbo. I guess auto turbo wins.
AAC lighting, 2 sub thump boxes with Rockford 10s
4 20x9" factory wheels powder coated Satin Black
AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
99firehawk
Order in on 13' ZL1 vert

Drives: 1999 Firehawk Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by htg39 View Post
This coming from a long time Corvette owner who also now has a 2013 Corvette....
I had a 2012 ZL1 Coupe, and I think the Convertible matches it or Exceeds it.....For one I think the Blind Spots aren't as bad...the New Mirror is a far Superior, and the New Navigation System and Radio is a big Improvement especially over the Antiquated Corvette System.
The Convertible Top looks great and the Dealer says it looks completely different especially in the Interior.... Car is Quiet on the inside and no rattles, or Wind Resistence that I can notice.....with the top down and without the restictor inside there is little Wind Buffeting and you can hear the radio......
Congrats Harvey on getting your ZL1 vert! I am jealous ......enjoy man
99firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htg39 View Post
Congrats Harvey!

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
flyjbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin320 View Post
Flyjbaker, based on your understanding of the article, which car won? Please answer without changing the conditions applied by the article's authors. If you do, you are basically writing a different article.
I was taking the context of the reply from Bowtie. He said it was pitted against the M6 and it won. I was just stating that he was oversimplifying things. The M6 is a better car....a faster car in almost every sense. And certainly, a much more expensive car.

To answer your question, the ZL1 won....just read the article!!!!....

And realize I am not ragging on the ZL1. If someone offered me one or the other for free I would have to take the bimmer based on dollars alone. I would then sell it and buy a ZL1. I don't like the pretentiousness that goes along with bimmers....they just aren't me. I do think the premise of the article is cool....very creative and interesting.

Last edited by flyjbaker; 09-24-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyjbaker View Post
I was taking the context of the reply from Bowtie. He said it was pitted against the M6 and it won. I was just stating that he was oversimplifying things. The M6 is a better car....a faster car in almost every sense. And certainly, a much more expensive car.

To answer your question, the ZL1 won....just read the article!!!!....

And realize I am not ragging on the ZL1. If someone offered me one or the other for free I would have to take the bimmer based on dollars alone. I would then sell it and buy a ZL1. I don't like the pretentiousness that goes along with bimmers....they just aren't me. I do think the premise of the article is cool....very creative and interesting.
I'm a chick, just FYI.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Whut? WGAFS about an M6? This thread is about a new ZL1 convertible.

That's one thing that kills me about some people walking in and going straight off topic basically knocking the thread off the rails. Good job there, Captain Whatthef**kareyoutalkingabout.

Back on a more meaningful topic: Congrats on your 'vert! I'm interested when you say the new mirror is superior...how so?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote