Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #99
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I don't give that knowledge away! I "impart", if you will, a tidbit here and there.

I'll impart here; twin turbo with nitrous injected in the intake tube right after the turbo, then meth injected at the throttle body. Thoughts? Supercooled?

And then I took an ECM from an LS3 and plugged it up in my car. That didn't go well.
That was because you didn't put the Whipple in first Kinda reverse alphabet deal W then T then N then M Whipple, Turbo, Nitrous, Meth,....Member?????
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #100
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
That was because you didn't put the Whipple in first Kinda reverse alphabet deal W then T then N then M Whipple, Turbo, Nitrous, Meth,....Member?????
We'll call it Supocharged? Or, Turpercharged? POS? Or......

SURBNIMECHARGED

I think we're on to something here.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #101
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Well Norm you can always go this route ..............

LMAO
Old 07-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #102
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Well Norm you can always go this route ..............

LMAO
Hey, you been peeking in my garage again??????
Old 07-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #103
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Dude, I've been busy of late, and missed this one, but OMG I just laughed my way through five pages of great mods and crazy posts...

your car is awesome looking...

subscribing and following along... But.....

I have to say, I'm now more confused and screwed up mentally than a lab rat...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #104
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Dude, I've been busy of late, and missed this one, but OMG I just laughed my way through five pages of great mods and crazy posts...

My friend, be careful out there on that oil rig. We (the Camaro5 community and your loved ones) DO NOT need you dizzy and metally screwed up out there!

There are a few posts worth reading, maybe I should index them.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #105
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
My friend, be careful out there on that oil rig. We (the Camaro5 community and your loved ones) DO NOT need you dizzy and metally screwed up out there!

There are a few posts worth reading, maybe I should index them.
Will do, but at the moment I am sitting on the front porch of the Royal Hotel in Macae Brazil, waiting for the bartender to fix me a rum and coke, and then off to Petes for dinner and a few more drinks, then off to bed until I find out what the morning brings...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #106
thesnoopster

Yes I peek in there all the time... you forget what kinda of work i do in the Army LOL

And guess what I pick up this week..... 2011 SIM Cruze LT/RS as my new daily driver
Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #107
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Will do, but at the moment I am sitting on the front porch of the Royal Hotel in Macae Brazil, waiting for the bartender to fix me a rum and coke, and then off to Petes for dinner and a few more drinks, then off to bed until I find out what the morning brings...
I could do that! Maybe I should audition, no wait, that's wrong, ummm, apply to work out there. I'll be one of those "eat till sleepy" guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Yes I peek in there all the time... you forget what kinda of work i do in the Army LOL

And guess what I pick up this week..... 2011 SIM Cruze LT/RS as my new daily driver
You get those dang gubment hooligan cameras from space out of my neck of the woods! I remember what your field is, and where you are, and the combo to the black op room. I wanna be the guy that says, "Quick, get me the President!"

You'll love the cruze man! That's why I'm learnin' turbos, cause I'ze got me one now! It's strange how it spools up power, even in a 4 cylinder, but it feels like a typical 4 banger until boost builds. But a fun little car. I got the LTZ with 18"s without the RS package. Didn't know they had one. You'll have a "spirited" drive in that car and get 35 mpg
Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #108
thesnoopster

.... But some of my information made it up to the Prez

Yeah I got the LT, and for the price of of 23K for a DC Metro go getter, I had to do it....and that makes a total of 3 chevys (Tasha just got a Malibu ) This and my Camaro.... we're one big happy chevy family LOL

I think my Acura is dying slowly.... I had a check engine light go off for like a month now and no more warranty on the thing and Acura parts are expensive as hell!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #109
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Nope, no water in mine. Even drove through a couple thunderstorms last week. I was concerned after Randy posted that.

No burned out LEDs either.

Hey, I've got 2 sets of 18"s at the house with tires. Will they fit over your Brembos?
Quote:
Nope, no water in mine. Even drove through a couple thunderstorms last week. I was concerned after Randy posted that.

No burned out LEDs either.
I stinkin' have both!

I'm gonna try to get replacements and a refund of the install fee. I love my LEDs

I think they need to be sealed in the back

Quote:

And, SSE 4 2SS, just remember these guys are post ho's!

But I love 'em anyway!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #110
garcmol

Yep, we're a 3 Chevy family as well. And, get this, it's Camaro, Colorado, Cruze. Are you trading the Acura? Sounds like it's time to unload it.

Quote:
.... But some of my information made it up to the Prez
Do tell!

This was my last interaction with POTUS.
Attached Images

Last edited by garcmol; 07-19-2011 at 03:34 PM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #111
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
I stinkin' have both!

I'm gonna try to get replacements and a refund of the install fee. I love my LEDs

I think they need to be sealed in the back

Get a hold of Jonathan directly! That sucks. Last night was the first time I drove at night since having the sidemarkers. Holy crap are they bright! Lit up the other lane and the side of the highway!

And, SSE 4 2SS, just remember these guys are post ho's!

But I love 'em anyway!
Sweet!

Last edited by garcmol; 07-19-2011 at 03:10 PM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #112
thesnoopster

I would tell ya but I will have to confiscate the Camaro and explain to Maria why I had to shoot you lmao!!!

Yeah I think I may have to.... I spent almost $600.00 for getting the brakes done, fluid change/flush (brake, tranny and coolant), and other crap...I was like woah damn! ..... hell as much I spent on keeping that car maintained, I could of been brought some forged wheels for the Camaro LOL!

I got 98K miles on it, and it still rides good but lately it seems that its starting to wear down (need new shocks and struts, plugs and new emmission sensors) ...and whats scary is...the exhaust looks like it took a licking from the previous winters we had ..... so yeah I think it was time to say farewell