Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
wannabe

Drives: 2SS (maybe)
Priced 2010 Camaro 2SS, need your insight

I'm not a Camaro affeciando, did have a Corvette until last summer, so I can certainly use any and all opinions. Local Chevy dealer has a new 2010 Camaro that caught my eye. 2SS trim level, CGM with gray stripes, black leather on the interior, 6 speed manual transmission.

Couldn't go forward with a purchase because of lack of dealer desire to take a '09 Honda Accord with low miles on trade. To the dealer's credit, they did bump up the trade-in value; selling it privately will likely net many thousands more for the car.

The 2SS has the RS pkg, silver stripes and 20" polished aluminum wheels as options. MSRP is $36,735, dealer asking $35,734.

What is the current discounting for the 2SS Camaros? How much could the price be lowered?

To those wanting to know why I would want to buy a Camaro, it's simple. I like new cars so I trade/buy too often. Rather than building an attachment to the car, I just drive it to enjoy it and sell the car when something else catches my eye.

Thanks for your input.
wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
It sounds like your dealer did desire to take your trade if he offered you above book trade-in value.

He's offering the car for $1000 off MSRP. Other than certain factory incentives, i.e. supplier pricing, etc, that's about the best you can do at this time. These cars are still in high demand.

To learn more about the current incentives, read thru some of the recent incentives threads.
clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
that sounds like a good deal to me.

you can learn about the current (if any) incentives on the chevy website.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
The fact that you found a dealer that will sell you what you want below MSRP IS GREAT......you found a good deal. go for it if you can.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
It's a good deal. While selling a vehicle privately will 99% of the time net more $, you have to weight out the benefits of both transactions. If the dealer takes it off your hands, you have no worries. The cash is instant, and you actually get and additional 6% savings due to taxes (at least in FL you do...). When selling privately, you have to deal with phone calls and test drives and strange people jerking you around who may or may not actually have the funds to purchase your car.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #6
wannabe

Great replies.

I'm not knocking the dealer for the trade-in situation. To be honest, his lot is rather full of trade-ins and he has a couple of Hondas sitting on his lot for about 60 days, without action. The spread between offered trade-in price and realistic, private transaction is $5K. Deduct the tax savings and the difference is $3.5K, too much to ignore.

As for the other incentives and discounts, I do have those items in hand that would further reduce the price. But I certainly did find the incentive and discount information in other threads to be very useful.

Lastly, I started to notice nearby dealers are accumulating Camaro inventories where previously, it seemed they were never in stock. GM excluded the Camaro from the loyalty program but have sales softened since?
Old 01-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Great replies.

I'm not knocking the dealer for the trade-in situation. To be honest, his lot is rather full of trade-ins and he has a couple of Hondas sitting on his lot for about 60 days, without action. The spread between offered trade-in price and realistic, private transaction is $5K. Deduct the tax savings and the difference is $3.5K, too much to ignore.

As for the other incentives and discounts, I do have those items in hand that would further reduce the price. But I certainly did find the incentive and discount information in other threads to be very useful.

Lastly, I started to notice nearby dealers are accumulating Camaro inventories where previously, it seemed they were never in stock. GM excluded the Camaro from the loyalty program but have sales softened since?
You sure? I would swear the weekly ads from the local dealers had that discount included but I could be wrong. In any case, BEFORE any other rebates or discounts that you may be eligible for, the dealer should be able to knock $1300-1500 off with no issue. Add to that the $500 "I won't bring it back", and whatever else you may get off like the $750 USAA rebate or whatever. Do NOT buy an extended warranty from them until you've researched the dealers here- notably CamaroScotty and LittleBankRobber (Anna) who are/were offering the GM extended warranties cheap. You can buy it from another dealer within the term of your 3-year b-to-b warranty the car comes with. I DO recommend an extended warranty if you plan on keeping the car past the 3/36 which it appears you most likely won't so it shouldn't be an issue, but just wanted to make sure you were informed.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I'm not a Camaro affeciando, did have a Corvette until last summer, so I can certainly use any and all opinions. Local Chevy dealer has a new 2010 Camaro that caught my eye. 2SS trim level, CGM with gray stripes, black leather on the interior, 6 speed manual transmission.

Couldn't go forward with a purchase because of lack of dealer desire to take a '09 Honda Accord with low miles on trade. To the dealer's credit, they did bump up the trade-in value; selling it privately will likely net many thousands more for the car.

The 2SS has the RS pkg, silver stripes and 20" polished aluminum wheels as options. MSRP is $36,735, dealer asking $35,734.

What is the current discounting for the 2SS Camaros? How much could the price be lowered?

To those wanting to know why I would want to buy a Camaro, it's simple. I like new cars so I trade/buy too often. Rather than building an attachment to the car, I just drive it to enjoy it and sell the car when something else catches my eye.

Thanks for your input.
You are looking at the exact same car that I bought! I think the MSRP was exactly the same as well. I even have the polished 20's on mine! If you're getting it for less than MSRP, it's a good deal.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Quote:

Couldn't go forward with a purchase because of lack of dealer desire to take a '09 Honda Accord with low miles on trade...

...Thanks for your input.
That's a very startling bit of information.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
wannabe

trm0002: maybe those incentives vary region to region, but down here in FL, the $1k GM loyalty program is not applicable for the Camaro. It's pretty much good for all other Chevy's except the Corvette ZR-1. Rebates are offered on other Chevy models but not the Camaro. Thanks for the heads up on the other incentives and extended warranty. Doubt I'll buy an extended warranty.

Monstertodd: what a color combo huh? It's very nice! Stylish and not flashy, IMHO.

Nostromo: Dealer doesn't want the trade-in unless it's significantly below book value. Used car lot is full. Not any foot traffic seen yesterday.

--------------------------------

Lastly, can someone tell me how much more GM employee pricing is below GM Supplier pricing?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
...Lastly, can someone tell me how much more GM employee pricing is below GM Supplier pricing?
There's some new BS discount structure- no longer employee/supplier- "preferred" and whatever IIRC. Before that change, the employee discount (GMS) was roughly $2k more than supplier (GSU) on an SS.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
wannabe

Thanks for all the comments. The information given in the replies is great.

Now I just have to sell the Accord to someone and then it's fun time.