Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
ZL1 Spoiler Alternative?

Looking at the ZL1 spoiler, but with the OEM spoiler holes and all seems like a hassle. Is their another spoiler out there similar to it that hides the holes?
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
The ZL1 spoiler is one of a kind if you are talking about exact design. Heard mention on this site you could attempt to swap trunk lids to one from a V6 without the spoiler, if you like the ZL1 spoiler that much.

There are a ton of aftermarket spoiler with different styling out there as well that are designed to fit the stock holes.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Not talking exact design, but similar. Thanks for the info though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
The ZL1 spoiler is one of a kind if you are talking about exact design. Heard mention on this site you could attempt to swap trunk lids to one from a V6 without the spoiler, if you like the ZL1 spoiler that much.

There are a ton of aftermarket spoiler with different styling out there as well that are designed to fit the stock holes.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
CamaroBlue

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro SS
the Z/TA Trans Am spoiler is about to closest I've seen to it. Doesn't have the brake light but does use factory holes so it's a simple bolt on. I debated long and hard between those but I went with the ZL1 spoiler. You may not like it but there are several options you can do besides repainted and welding existing holes on a truck that already has a spoiler
CamaroBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
moyn
M0yn

Drives: 2011 Camaro Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBlue View Post
the Z/TA Trans Am spoiler is about to closest I've seen to it. Doesn't have the brake light but does use factory holes so it's a simple bolt on. I debated long and hard between those but I went with the ZL1 spoiler.r
Do you have a photo of your spoiler? and do you have Rally Stripes? I've been bouncing back and forth between the ZL1 and the Z/TA as well... I like the ZL1 better, but then i'm stuck deciding what to do about my rally stripes since you will see them under the 3rd brake light
moyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I went with SLP's ZL spoiler which uses the stock SS spoiler holes.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
CamaroBlue

I don't have rally stripes but I placed a piece of vinyl over it. I know that sounds bad but it meshes well under the bumper and I'm going to put some JB Weld on the backside. You can the zl1 spoiler painted cheaper than the Z/TA spoiler.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
CamaroBlue

Using iPhone so having issues uploading pic
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Since you have a 2010 pull your factory spoiler off and see if you have paint chips if so you get have your local dealership do the TSB on it calls for a re-paint of the decklid, in the process you can ask them how much to fill in the holes not used by the ZL1 spoiler. I did this my local dealership included it in the TSB I was golden I pre-drilled the new holes before they painted the decklid they filled in the old holes and put my ZL1 spoiler back on
Old 08-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
SinisSick
Account Suspended

hmmmm interesting....ill look into it.

Midnighter, is the SLP spoiler does it have a brake light cant really see it in ur pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Since you have a 2010 pull your factory spoiler off and see if you have paint chips if so you get have your local dealership do the TSB on it calls for a re-paint of the decklid, in the process you can ask them how much to fill in the holes not used by the ZL1 spoiler. I did this my local dealership included it in the TSB I was golden I pre-drilled the new holes before they painted the decklid they filled in the old holes and put my ZL1 spoiler back on
Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #11
CamaroBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I tried that too. Actually your build gave me the idea. I was told since my b2b was thru I had to pay out of pocket by the dealer and the Chevy customer service rep that's on here. Hopefully the op doesn't run into that problem. Car looks great by the way
Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
SinisSick
Account Suspended

does the 3 year 36k b2b run out at the end of the year if the car was purchased in '10 or does it end on the actual date it was purchased?
Old 08-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisSick View Post
does the 3 year 36k b2b run out at the end of the year if the car was purchased in '10 or does it end on the actual date it was purchased?
Yes but I am surprised since this should fall under the ain't warranty which is if I recall 5/100k and GM has a TSB on this.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
I just plugged the hole on mine with plastic trim plugs. Can hardly notice them.