Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
dewag62

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Activating fog lights?

I have a 2012 Camaro 1LS. It has fog lights, although they were not listed on the window sticker as an option. I have read the owner's manual and it shows where the button should be to turn them on- but there is no button! I'm going out in daylight tomorrow to try to find out where the switch is so I can use them! Any suggestions as to where I might find it? Thanks!

Dee
dewag62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
they are most likely non-factory, switch should be somewhere on the inside, I would guess on the left side of the dash sicen that's where it would be easies tto run the wire.

The smart thing would have been to get a factory switch and wire the lights directly to the factory harness. woudl have been eaiser and cleaner
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Mykeb
Happiness is.....

Drives: '13 2LT Convertible, '56 F100
is it possible that if you have the high intensity head lights, the fog lamps are replaced with day time running lamps. No fog lights, no fog light switch?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
If you have factory foglights, the switch should be on the light switch (left side of wheel) ... push button.

What is possible, and we have seen it a time or two here on forums, is that vehicles are damages in shipment and have front fascias replaced ... dealer orders incorrect part and installs an LT/RS fascia that has the lights setup, but not the switch (possibly need programming to add it as well).
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
Fiveg56

Drives: -
This happened a few weeks ago to a LS owner. Did you buy it new?

The LS does not come with foglights, nor it is an option, which is why there is no switch.

If you bought it new, the vehicle was likely damaged before you bought it and the bumper was replaced by the dealer.

If you bought it used, a previous owner probably did the install. Do they come on at all? Maybe they are wired with the parking lights?
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #6
dewag62

No - I didn't buy it new. It has less than 4,000 miles on it though & the previous owner only had it 10 months. I think I will get out there today and look around and see if I can find the switch.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
If you have factory foglights, the switch should be on the light switch (left side of wheel) ... push button.

What is possible, and we have seen it a time or two here on forums, is that vehicles are damages in shipment and have front fascias replaced ... dealer orders incorrect part and installs an LT/RS fascia that has the lights setup, but not the switch (possibly need programming to add it as well).
Agreed. I've actually seen a used camaro at the dealership with fog lights and no switch.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
dewag62

I figured it out - when I override the dusk sensing lights and turn them on - the fog lights both go on.