Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Blast

Drives: 2009 SAAB 9-5 Aero
Planning a Florida Trip, need trunk size help

Hello everybody!

Yes, I am in fact completely new to the forums, and no, I don't (yet) own a Camaro. Shame on me.

I do however know how to use the Search feature but alas, it didn't help me in finding a good answer. (I've searched both the site and googled for about 3 hours so far and never found all answers).

So what's my question ? - Me and my wife are planning another Florida vacation in June and last year we rented a <something else we shouldn't mention in here> Convertible and this year I want to rent a Camaro (Coupe or Convertible). They're a little more expensive but it feels like if nothing else, it should be a blast driving one.

So my question is : What can we fit in the trunk?

I have found some measurements from people on the forums (although MerlinZero's "uh.... 1 set of golf clubs... or three small children..." isn't quite specific enough for our taste and I saw the picture of the couple that jumped into the trunk and it feels like 3 children... ? Should fit 4!).

There is also mention of HeatherR's pictures but I haven't been able to find the right thread to see them. (Yes I looked at her profile). I tried searching for all posts by HeatherR with the word "trunk" in them to no avail.

Is the trunk opening of the vert the same as the coupe ? 30" at the rear of the car and 26.5" at the front of the car?

How large is the trunk itself in the Coupe?

How large is the trunk itself in the Vert? Top up? Top down?

Is there a difference between the LT and the SS?

I will modify what I bring according to the size of the trunk but last year we had two large suitcases in the <other thing> and we could only fit one in the trunk of it. I'd like to fit them both somehow if possible, even if it means putting them in through the car and not through the trunk opening. And.. can you still do that in the vert? Or is that only the Coupe?

Anyone feel like helping me out? (Also count the wheel well if you give me inside dimensions please).

Thanx!

EDIT: Here's what I've found so far.
WARNING: The numbers are not guaranteed to be exact.
Code:
Trunk Opening:

Width	Rear Edge:	26.5"	67cm
	Front Edge:	30"	76cm
	Max:		33"	83cm

Length (Front>Back):	16"	40cm

Depth (Up>Down):	16.5"	42cm

Inside Trunk:

Width	Max:		53"	134cm
	Wheel wells:	47"	119cm

Length	Normal:		44"	111cm
	Folded Seats:	68"	172cm

Rear seat to trunk opening:

Width:			38"	96cm

Depth (Up>Down):	11"	28cm
// Stefan

Last edited by Blast; 02-23-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
These cars have trunks?

Who Knew?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
But you didn't visit the wiki pages, lol

Quote:
Cargo volume (cu ft / L): 11.3 / 320
Now, this is for the coupe. If it's you and the wife only, the backseat will lay down as well. But with the seat up I've fit 3 decent sized overnight bags, 3 folding chairs, detail supplies, camera, laptop and an extra shoe bag. Golf clubs I can't answer for.

Wilkommen auf Camaro 5!! (That's all I know and I know that's not Swedish)
Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
But you didn't visit the wiki pages, lol

Now, this is for the coupe. If it's you and the wife only, the backseat will lay down as well. But with the seat up I've fit 3 decent sized overnight bags, 3 folding chairs, detail supplies, camera, laptop and an extra shoe bag. Golf clubs I can't answer for.
Actually I did and volume doesn't actually say much. My luggage cares abut XxYxZ. And can you get to the trunk through the back seat in the vert?
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Wilkommen auf Camaro 5!! (That's all I know and I know that's not Swedish)
Err.. Danke I guess And no, you're right, it's not Swedish. "Välkommen till Camaro 5!!" would be Swedish.

// Stefan
Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

I went to Sams club and bought a full shopping cart of stuff, not realizing I no longer have an Avalanche..........managed to get it ALL in the trunk AND get the trunk lid to shut without having to jump up and down on it.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
I fit my entire life into the car one time. I'm talking full scale I moved. Everything was full of stuff (including the passenger seat) but it fit! There is plenty of space in there if you are creative
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I fit my entire life into the car one time. I'm talking full scale I moved. Everything was full of stuff (including the passenger seat) but it fit! There is plenty of space in there if you are creative
I would have loved to have seen that lol
Old 02-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
theres plenty of room in the trunk if you can get it through the opening lol. id say put the back seat down slide it in from there and load up should be good for 2 people

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
theres plenty of room in the trunk if you can get it through the opening lol. id say put the back seat down slide it in from there and load up should be good for 2 people
Thanx, but are you talking about the vert or the coupe?

// Stefan
Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Make sure if you get on the Gulf Coast to stop into the shop and see the projects!!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
coupe.... I had one rather large suitcase, two big travel bags, cleaning supplies, uniforms, a king size pillow in the trunk ( took a two month school vacation to Pensacola last year), and on the way back I added my daughters large travel bag, food and a cooler..oh those went in the back seat.... ( added two trophies to the trunk plus more clothes).. does that help?
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #12
Tom_T

Drives: 2013 Convertible /2SS/RS/LS3
The seat does not fold down on the 'vert. And remember you lose trunk space with the top down. .
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
coupe.... I had one rather large suitcase, two big travel bags, cleaning supplies, uniforms, a king size pillow in the trunk ( took a two month school vacation to Pensacola last year), and on the way back I added my daughters large travel bag, food and a cooler..oh those went in the back seat.... ( added two trophies to the trunk plus more clothes).. does that help?
Sure does and is very appreciated.

Now if I could get a comparison to the vert I'd be set.

// Stefan
Old 02-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_T View Post
The seat does not fold down on the 'vert. And remember you lose trunk space with the top down. .
I was afraid of that. Hmmm. The question is if there's a way to squeeze in two largeish suitcases in there AND be able to have the top down at the same time or if I'm SOL already on trying to get the two suitcases in.

// Stefan

Tags
convertible, coupe, opening, size, trunk