Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #29
Eel125

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE shadow grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
Hope you're better at calibrating the radar.
Good one. After 26 years I'm the one who pulls you over and tells you to stop driving like an a hole and sends you on your way without a ticket
Eel125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #30
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
You're the kind I always meet... and I've always been ready to accept the harsh reality of the ticket. Many thanks for your service and presence on the highways.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #31
rush2112

Drives: 2013 2LT Auto CRM. 2009 night train
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
Market is saturated now unless you have one of the special editions or ZL1.
There has been a Hot Wheels version on the lot for over a month here in DE. Its just a car. A tool for getting it done. Yes there nice, we all like them but bottom line... just a tool.
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #32
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
I went the other way, I sold my daughter to pay for my car. Those Saudi's love blondes.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #33
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eel125 View Post
My Camaro was a second car for me and I was trying to sell it for about a month on Ebay but didn't get a single offer . I went to a local .com place that buys cars and had a check in my hand in a half hour . Has anybody had any luck selling their Camaro .. I didn't see any sell in the month mine was on there. I loved the car and am gonna miss driving it but my daughters college tuition is more important . Maybe she will buy me a car in the future when she makes the big $..

as a son I know what that means for you, my dad sold his WRX STI 2011 to help to pay my Full sail bachelor... and I now that my dad still miss that car.. but your family is first..

at the end see your girls already graduated is going to be 10000 times better than the best ride in the best car in the world

cool dad
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #34
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by walky35 View Post
id say taking out loans for school is smart though. the statistics speak for themselves when comparing those with college degrees and those with High school ones. but thats a diff discussion
I only have a high school diploma and a trade certification. But I make double the average Harvard graduate.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #35
HeadonaStick

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Quote:
id say taking out loans for school is smart though. the statistics speak for themselves when comparing those with college degrees and those with High school ones. but thats a diff discussion
I'll use my first post here to respond to this one....

I have been out of college for over 17 years and still have 100k in college loans - and I went to a state school not a private one.

I have no hope of paying these loans off before I retire (if I retire).

There is no way, ever, to get away from college loan debt. It is the closest thing to indentured servitude left in the United States.

Students go into debt with the promise of a well paying job when they graduate - that is turning into a longshot.

My son will never, ever take out a student loan. I will sell my car, my home or anything else I have to to see that he does not have to take out loans - as long as he is willing to work to help foot the bill.

College is something that everyone should have the opportunity to experience - but the reality of student loans is becoming a bad nightmare for many, many students. My story is becoming the norm, not the exception.

Just one man's opinion.

[edit:]

LOL, I didn't mean to sound so negative. I am a teacher and believe in education. College is one of the best experiences of my life, in and out of the classroom, and everyone should go if given the opportunity - but student loans are killing me and many students are in similar situations. My only advice is use student loans sparingly and as a last resort. My very best semesters in college were when I was working 50 hours a week!

Last edited by HeadonaStick; 06-21-2013 at 10:25 AM.
HeadonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #36
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
I went the other way, I sold my daughter to pay for my car. Those Saudi's love blondes.
There's someone with a positive outlook on life!

Mad respect to the OP!!!

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 06-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #37
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Definitely a noble thing that I'd presume any caring parent would do when faced with a decision to help their offspring.

As for this whole student loan thing... choose your major wisely. It doesn't take a lot of brains to realize a fine arts major is going to make a pittance compared to a mechanical engineering major.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #38
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Daughter has one more year of high school we have been saving for the last 15 years.
I have about half or 50k its a start My new vette will have to wait.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Unless you got a killer deal (like I did) on the initial purchase, these are very difficult to stay ahead of when it comes to loan vs depreciation.
So far I'm slowly creeping ahead of my value, but I got a 2010 2SS with 4k miles for 31k.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #40
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eel125 View Post
My Camaro was a second car for me and I was trying to sell it for about a month on Ebay but didn't get a single offer . I went to a local .com place that buys cars and had a check in my hand in a half hour . Has anybody had any luck selling their Camaro .. I didn't see any sell in the month mine was on there. I loved the car and am gonna miss driving it but my daughters college tuition is more important . Maybe she will buy me a car in the future when she makes the big $..

hats off to you.. she's lucky to have such a dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Family ain't that important

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #41
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Eh... six figures a year on a high school diploma here... was making 50k/yr in my previous job... just gotta sacrifice your social life and find a Class 1 railroad that's hiring (most are).

(I was five courses from my bachelors and maintained a 4.00GPA throughout earning my associates and up until I got sick of school... but my job doesn't require any college... just drug free, dedication and common sense)

Good on the OP to be a great dad... I hope your daughter appreciates the gesture and gets the most out of her education... keep her away from bullshit degrees... medical and engineering are the way to go, IMO.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #42
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
I only have a high school diploma and a trade certification. But I make double the average Harvard graduate.
Good for you its called work ethic and you clearly have alot of it and plenty of smarts to back it. you made it where many cant but that doesnt change the fact that for the AVERAGE person a college degree is a good investment.
walky35 is offline   Reply With Quote