Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #43
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryt1026 View Post
rotofab do you guys have the heat shields in summit white by chance?
Yes, we do. We have a couple of options. First, you can get a powder coat white air box that matches the Summit White very closely for only $10 more.
Alternatively, we can have an air box automotive painted with the correct paint code for $70 more. If it was my $ I would go with the powder coat. It looks very good and is extremely durable.

Also, we have radiator covers and fuse relay covers with the same powder coat finish. You can look at our shop car in red to get an idea of what the CAI, radiator cover and fuse relay look like all together. As soon as we do something with the engine covers it will be a really nice package!

The picture of the radiator cover alone is our powder coated V8 radiator cover. The V6 radiator cover is very similar except no radiator cap cut-out and a different contour cut for the inlet elbow.

The V8 picture shows customer painted parts in the white.

The last picture is our white powder coated air box with a pink sticker! We had a request for pink stickers, so we threw one on a white air box for the heck of it!

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #44
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
Just installed mine, and All I can say is Wow.

This made a great improvement on my ride.

Here is mine installed (I do need to clean it up, but It was a rough weather week here, and it is my Daily Driver)

Thanks Rotofab!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #45
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoChaser View Post

Here is mine installed (I do need to clean it up, but It was a rough weather week here, and it is my Daily Driver)

Thanks Rotofab!

Your welcome! Thanks for choosing our system and taking the time to post your picture and initial thoughts. We have one of the newer V6 systems on the market so customer opinions are really appreciated. We are glad to see the feedback is so positive too!
BTW, I'm sure you based your purchase on performance and sound, but the black system with the white dry filter looks really good with your car color.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #46
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoChaser View Post

Thanks Rotofab!

Looks good!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #47
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
Thanks!, I love what it did for my V6!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #48
Berean

Drives: Truck
Are any of these pics the unpainted version? If not, is there a pic available?
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #49
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Are any of these pics the unpainted version? If not, is there a pic available?
We really don't offer an unpainted version for direct installation on your car. Some do and they look nice when installed, but have you ever seen an unprotected piece of aluminum after a couple of years in the elements? It oxidizes and looks like crap!

I built a CAI for my Dad's SSR which is basically a Sunday driver. He liked the bare aluminum look, so I told him to run it until it oxidizes and looks ugly then we will deal with finishing it. He did...and it did! We just pulled it out and sent it to be finished in July.

Anyway, the reason we offer a bare air box is some people choose to apply their own finish. When custom painting other engine compartment components it's beneficial to spray all of the parts out of the same batch of paint for a good color match.

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 12-19-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #50
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
ok you have a great thing going with the radiator covers, but if possible what I would like to see is a kit that has covers for the sides and a great cover for the v6 engine to make it look more like the concept...
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #51
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron8879 View Post
ok you have a great thing going with the radiator covers, but if possible what I would like to see is a kit that has covers for the sides and a great cover for the v6 engine to make it look more like the concept...
We want to do more covers for the V6. It's a matter of finding some shop time and making sure there is enough interest to warrant the project.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #52
marojoe

Drives: 2011 CGM LS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We want to do more covers for the V6. It's a matter of finding some shop time and making sure there is enough interest to warrant the project.
+1 - more than happy to send you mine for you to mess with!
marojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #53
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marojoe View Post
+1 - more than happy to send you mine for you to mess with!
We have a few other projects in process; afterwards, we will be taking a closer look at our options for V6 engine cover. We did explore some design options while developing the air intake.
The V6 does have host of issues when it comes to developing an engine cover that can be developed and produced at a reasonable cost. However, it's often the challenge that makes new projects fun.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #54
Forza
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykeith View Post
I know this isn't specifically what this thread is about, but I just installed the MRT V2 exhaust and posted a vid on youtube if anyone wants to take a listen. I think it sounds pretty good combined with the Roto-Fab CAI.

I'm hoping to do exactly the same this week.
Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #55
CliffjumperRS

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red
i've had my MRT 2.0's for about 5 months now, absolutely love them. My Roto-fab cai should be here wednesday; i took thursday off for some break in time. Cannot wait!
2010 1LT/RS GCN | Roto-Fab CAI | MRT V2.0 | Defenderworx: Chrome Shifter, Polished Door Kick Plates, Polished Door Sills, Black Side Vent Inserts, Chrome Bow Ties, Chrome Cup Holder Surround| GM: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Splash Guards, Wheel Mounted Audio Control, PDIM, 4 Gauge Cluster, Footwell & Cupholder Lighting, Switchblade Silver Interior Trim Kit, Premium Floor Mats| Oracle: Aqua Blue Dome & Trunk LED's, Bright White Plate LED's | RS Chrome Valve Stem Caps | Shined by Adam's & Meguiar's
CliffjumperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #56
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffjumperRS View Post
i've had my MRT 2.0's for about 5 months now, absolutely love them. My Roto-fab cai should be here wednesday; i took thursday off for some break in time. Cannot wait!
Thanks for choosing Roto-fab! We are looking forward to your thoughts on the combination.

Tags
air, cold, intake, mrt, roto-fab