Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #15
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Kevin,
I've had 3 fabric pieces & 1 complete frame replacement on my top. I still would not trade this car in for the world!Most of the top issues that plagued the early verts have already been fixed via small design changes. And the major thing was that the dealerships did not KNOW HOW to fix the top issues. Now, the main issue you're likely to have is a water drain hose come off from the water management bag; very easily fixed. ANd there are a lot more dealers out there now that finally know what they're doing as far as working on the top goes.

Go for the vert - after 2 years I still have people staring at my car at a light & then still sitting on the line staring when the light changes & I'm already gone!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #16
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblanchette View Post
Nothing beats driving a convertible in summer. period.
amen
Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblanchette View Post
Nothing beats driving a convertible in summer. period.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
classicrocker. thanks. i am looking at both coupe and verts now. maybe after a couple years, the 13 and 14 are better. my finances allow for a 2LT coupe, or a 1LT vert, both 2014. if i could get a deal on a 13 2LT vert, i would consider with rebates now. verts seem fun. i have had a camaro with t tops, and now have firebird with t tops. love the air, but t tops, while a hassle, dont leak or tear or have bag and bows. the blind spots are something too. i am 55. this will be a daily driver, except for snow and ice. and i keep my cars a long time. i not impressed with cheap easily scratched doors, and i dont want summer only tires, RS package. just 19. but verts seem like fun, and my gf has owned a vert all her life too. has a sebring now. thanks
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #19
kevinw

i found a couple black verts, 2013 for sale. both 2 LT and black and priced below invoice with 1500 rebates from GM. guess as we go into Fall, maybe the deals get better too?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #20
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i found a couple black verts, 2013 for sale. both 2 LT and black and priced below invoice with 1500 rebates from GM. guess as we go into Fall, maybe the deals get better too?
Buy a vert with snow on the ground. They will literally beg you to take it off the lot.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #21
kevinw

The only problem with buying vert in winter is not many on lot and then u settle on color or options too.but they are seasonal like boats
Old 08-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #22
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Get the vert. I will take possession of a 2013 Crystal Red Tint 1SS with a black top this week and what am I trading for it.... a 2011 2SS/RS Auto w/sunroof. World of difference in the fun department. Unlike you, this is just a toy for me but like previous post, get the RS if the only reason not to is because of the tires, they can be changed easily. And there are a lot of '13s out there just have your dealer check on the dealer web. Got mine for about $34k.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #23
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Get the convertible!!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #24
kevinw

dznfn. you got a good deal. there is a 2LT vert, 2013 up here in KC area at 34,300 marked down, which is below invoice. it does not have the rs package. i really dont need the rs, and again, summer only tires is all you can get. i asked the dealer about switching out to all season, they balk. i dont want to spend 34K for a car, then have to go out and spend anothe 1000 bucks in Novemember so i can drive the car. that is why, this and another vert the dealer has are both 19 inch wheels. i dont know. my car will be a daily driver. i get ssnow here. and i keep my cars a long time. i still have my 98 firebird, i bought new and it looks showroom new with 171k miles. i will test drive both cars, coupe and vert. my budget allows for a 1lt vert if i order 2014, or a 2lt coupe if i order. if i get a 2013, with 1500 rebate and my gm card earnings , i can get into a 2lt vert. the ss is nice, but, i am 55, aint gonna drag race it, and cant see the purpose of 400 hp where a person cant use it all anyway. the speed limit is still 70 whether its a 4 cyliner or a 8. the v6 mileage appeals to me, along with 320 hp is plenty for this old man. if the SS got 30 mpg, and came with all season tires, then it would be a stretch to get into a 1SS coupe at best. my ins. company ironically does not have a problem with either. but, will look at the vert and coupe close with test drive.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #25
Dznyfn

I love both coupe and vert. Initially wanted a vert but not the first year. So now that they have done all their tweaks it's time. You will enjoy which ever one you get.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #26
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
dznfn. you got a good deal. there is a 2LT vert, 2013 up here in KC area at 34,300 marked down, which is below invoice. it does not have the rs package. i really dont need the rs, and again, summer only tires is all you can get. i asked the dealer about switching out to all season, they balk. i dont want to spend 34K for a car, then have to go out and spend anothe 1000 bucks in Novemember so i can drive the car. that is why, this and another vert the dealer has are both 19 inch wheels. i dont know. my car will be a daily driver. i get ssnow here. and i keep my cars a long time. i still have my 98 firebird, i bought new and it looks showroom new with 171k miles. i will test drive both cars, coupe and vert. my budget allows for a 1lt vert if i order 2014, or a 2lt coupe if i order. if i get a 2013, with 1500 rebate and my gm card earnings , i can get into a 2lt vert. the ss is nice, but, i am 55, aint gonna drag race it, and cant see the purpose of 400 hp where a person cant use it all anyway. the speed limit is still 70 whether its a 4 cyliner or a 8. the v6 mileage appeals to me, along with 320 hp is plenty for this old man. if the SS got 30 mpg, and came with all season tires, then it would be a stretch to get into a 1SS coupe at best. my ins. company ironically does not have a problem with either. but, will look at the vert and coupe close with test drive.
Is there any reason you don't want a used one? I bought my 2011 2LT/RS vert last year with 11k miles on the OD for $27,500 which I thought was a GREAT deal. Now I have 37k on the OD and I am very happy with it.

And btw, I was leary about the All-summer tires as well and just bought some Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires which are All season/high performance.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #27
kevinw

dznfn, i have had 2 cars with t tops, and have a boat. so i like the outdoors and i know a vert would be fun. that is a given. but, the potential problems they had are a concern when spending these kind of dollars, and it being my daily driver, i am single Dad, and in midwest. (i do have a Envoy 4X4 for snow, sleet) . but, another questions. what happens to the vert and parts, if its say December, and 39 and raining, i drive it, and then it drops to way below freezing that nite, like 20 degrees? what happens to canvas, bags, etc? that happens alot here. and what is min. temp to lower a top? if its cool out like 55, but have windows up, could still drop top. this is all new to me. the verts are great looking, no doubt. thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #28
Dznyfn

Everything about the 'vert top is the same as a coupe with one exception and that would be the weight of the snow/ice just sitting on it. If having to park it outside is the only option in your case/area, then yes, that would be a concern. But the cold & hot weather extremes testing done to these cars systems to include the top is excellent. But again, the only concern to me would be the weight left to sit on the top if you don't clean it off.

As for the top down and windows up, yes.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70602