Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-25-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
rdavis

Drives: 2012 SS
Instrument cluster

This might sound stupid, but I have a '12 SS & I have always liked the look of the '10& '11 cluster. What would be involved in swapping one for the other? Any computer programing necessary for the odometer? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-25-2019, 07:10 PM   #2
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Cluster needs to be programmed to your VIN. Gen5 does that. Odometer doesnt matter. That will sync with the car.
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:48 PM   #3
Chomorro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I find I don't like my 2010 cluster lol. The speedometer needle is too thick to get accurate readings. The rpm gauge should be on the left side in my opinion as well. It's hard to see the red line when spirited driving unless the steering wheel is set high which for me is uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:04 PM   #4
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
If you notice the gas filler is on the wrong side too. The reason for this these Camaros were designed for LEFT HAND side driving roads. So when you move the cluster over its azzbackwards for right hand side driving. Would have been nice to have a American version because that is the Camaro's heritage with every on the proper side AND the digital oil pressure gauge in PSI instead of BAR. Its these little things like this that disappoints me in this car.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #5
Chomorro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
If you notice the gas filler is on the wrong side too. The reason for this these Camaros were designed for LEFT HAND side driving roads. So when you move the cluster over its azzbackwards for right hand side driving. Would have been nice to have a American version because that is the Camaro's heritage with every on the proper side AND the digital oil pressure gauge in PSI instead of BAR. Its these little things like this that disappoints me in this car.
Awe yes you are correct I am always looking at the temp as my gas gauge. Now it makes sense

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote