Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-27-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
InfernoMan2011

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
Kenwood HU/OnStar Android Bluetooth Pairing/Calling Issue

I am trying to resolve my last remaining issue after completing my install of the Kenwood DMX906S HU w/ front and rear cameras using the Maestro KIT-CAM1 dash kit and ADS-RR module. I have everything working as it should except for the the phone/bluetooth setup. I'm hoping somebody else with a Kenwood unit and an Android phone may be able to shed some light on the issue.

You have two options when setting up the hands-free calling on the Kenwood radio:

Use Vehicle
Use Radio

If you select Use Vehicle, you get the stock Onstar bluetooth pairing for you phone. I'm able to pair my phone using this method, but my contacts won't sync with the HU (Contact Sharing).

If I choose Use Radio, contact sharing works great. However, the issue I'm having is that my steering wheel controls for Answer & Hang Up don't work, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Has anybody else run into this issue? I'm going to reflash the ADS-RR module just to verify all of my control settings.
InfernoMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:54 AM   #2
InfernoMan2011

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
I managed to get it sorted out. I set the Maestro settings in the Kenwood radio to Use Radio, and reprogrammed the ADS-RR to adjust the steering wheel controls. I must have mis-read the default values for those button settings! It working good now and I have access to my contact sharing and Answer & Hang up are both working now.
InfernoMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:16 AM   #3
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
are you using the stock amp or did you install an aftermarket system? curious if you ran new rca's to the amp or if you used the stock harness?
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote