Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2023, 10:33 AM   #15
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Mines Great
Everybody likes the 5gen Camaro, I get people talking about it when out in public
And with the splitter its close to what
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.

Last edited by spyderbuddy; 02-20-2023 at 08:54 PM.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 11:14 AM   #16
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
If the stock bumper is too boring for you maybe swap in a heritage grille or even a ZL1 grille. Maybe add a lip kit? or MAYBE do a 5th gen Zl1 conversion bumper.

The 6th gen front bumper just looks out of place. I have seen them in person and the huge lower grille doesn't match the rest of the car at all and it hangs lower then the rest of the factory ground effects. They also ALWAYS have bad panel gap especially along the hood line. To each their own, but I don't see the appeal of the lower grille section. It looks so out of place.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 11:58 AM   #17
Junker80

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
If the stock bumper is too boring for you maybe swap in a heritage grille or even a ZL1 grille. Maybe add a lip kit? or MAYBE do a 5th gen Zl1 conversion bumper.

The 6th gen front bumper just looks out of place. I have seen them in person and the huge lower grille doesn't match the rest of the car at all and it hangs lower then the rest of the factory ground effects. They also ALWAYS have bad panel gap especially along the hood line. To each their own, but I don't see the appeal of the lower grille section. It looks so out of place.
Yeah I never thought the 6th gen aftermarket looked quite right. Sticks out too far or something. I did the ZL1 grill and "halos always on" harness. Then stuck a 14-15 1LE bumper on. With different headlights. Now I'm going to go back to the 10-13 bumper and was looking up front splitters and came across that zl6 bumper. I don't think there is anything boring about my car. "I" get bored and like take things apart, change stuff then put it back etc....you know...waste money. Not a giant fan of aftermarket stuff, but find it all very interesting.
Junker80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:25 PM   #18
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker80 View Post
Yeah I never thought the 6th gen aftermarket looked quite right. Sticks out too far or something. I did the ZL1 grill and "halos always on" harness. Then stuck a 14-15 1LE bumper on. With different headlights. Now I'm going to go back to the 10-13 bumper and was looking up front splitters and came across that zl6 bumper. I don't think there is anything boring about my car. "I" get bored and like take things apart, change stuff then put it back etc....you know...waste money. Not a giant fan of aftermarket stuff, but find it all very interesting.
Understood. That's what we all do! In the end its all about what you like. Interestingly enough, I can't find a single image with this bumper on it on Google. I see alot of 6th gen zl1 bumpers, but not this combo with the 5th gen grille.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 08:44 AM   #19
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post

This. Do what I did and come up with your OWN look. I have 2 friends that have done the 6th gen front conversion, and it just doesn't match the rest of the car.

Name:  IMG_1994.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  360.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2002.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  432.3 KB

Old 02-24-2023, 04:34 PM   #20
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
This. Do what I did and come up with your OWN look. I have 2 friends that have done the 6th gen front conversion, and it just doesn't match the rest of the car.

Attachment 1121381

Attachment 1121382

I agree with this guy. I had to come out of retirement and get a job cause of him. I need to have more money to buy these extra parts to dress my camaro to look a little more like his. He just talks them into spending money.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:37 PM   #21
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU DUCE View Post

I agree with this guy. I had to come out of retirement and get a job cause of him. I need to have more money to buy these extra parts to dress my camaro to look a little more like his. He just talks them into spending money.
Lol that’s pretty damn funny he’s inspired some spending on my behalf as well, definitely no doubt about that.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 01:47 AM   #22
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
GREAT replies everyone! A CamaroGen5 is a CamaroGen5 period. Look at all the great pics above, stock, heritage and 2010 grill. The 6th Gen bumper conversion looks off to me and doesn't match like The_bald_eagle_machine and 1JEWLDSSRS said. I Love our CamaroGen5s.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2023, 08:20 AM   #23
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Some people never get it. Change for changes sake rarely works.
My stock pristine early '10 SS still gets thumbs up and stares wherever I go.
So few around these days.
Man that's a beautiful "pristine" looking 5th gen sir!!!
Old 02-26-2023, 08:24 AM   #24
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU DUCE View Post

lol, thanks Blu, and you're welcome!! Love to see people come up with new "cool looking" themes for their Camaros!! If I can spark some desire with what I've been able to come up with over the years, then I'm having fun inspiring the masses. Make and live your dream car!!
Old 02-26-2023, 08:26 AM   #25
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Lol that’s pretty damn funny he’s inspired some spending on my behalf as well, definitely no doubt about that.
Lol, thanks Aqua.. Yea your Camaro you had was one of the "cool looking" ABM's out there, and I have NO doubt your "new" one will be as awesome!!
Old 02-26-2023, 08:29 AM   #26
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
GREAT replies everyone! A CamaroGen5 is a CamaroGen5 period. Look at all the great pics above, stock, heritage and 2010 grill. The 6th Gen bumper conversion looks off to me and doesn't match like The_bald_eagle_machine and 1JEWLDSSRS said. I Love our CamaroGen5s.
Awesome joe!! Every time I see your 5th gen and what you have done, she just gets sexier all the time!! So classy looking.. I just saved this pic on my file. lol.