Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #1
ajohnson

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
CAI on v6, improvements/sound?

I read several different posts reguarding improvements with getting a CAI, as much as 15-17hp. I've got a few questions, Im installing the MRT v2 exhaust next week and contemplating getting an Injen CAI. Does that 15-17hp to the v6's really make a noticeable different in acceleration /response times and performance? also I hear lots of people talking about the 'badass sound' they make.. I watched several before and after with and without intake videos and cant really tell the difference in noise. So what kind of noise exactly are people talking about?

Last question, With the Injen Intakes, is it as simple as removing the stock equipment and the new one fits right into place?

Thanks in advance!
ajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I have the Vararam with the MRT v2.0 and honestly I can't hear the intake over the exhaust anymore. The added horsepower they claim tends to be high. Not to say the CAI doesn't improve horsepower, would be false. You'll maybe get 5hp to the wheels at best. Yes, installing the CAI should be pretty much straight forward. Installing an aftermarket intake is one of the easiest mods you can do.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #3
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6 IOM FlwMstr
I put on a CAI and noticed the sound more than anything. It makes it sound like a beast when over 4000 rpm.
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks is offline   Reply With Quote