Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #1
pacegr85

Drives: Camaro SS
Front and rear toe issue

Fellow Camaro brothers,

I'm running into a weird issue with my 2010 Camaro SS. The car had no issues but in the last 2 months I've installed UMI toe rods (rear), BMR trailing arms, sway bar end links (front and rear) and driveshaft tunnel brace. After I installed everything, I did an alignment. Car ran great for 2 weeks and then alignment was completely off (steering wheel was crooked and barely drivable). I checked the rear toe rods and sure enough a bolt was loose. I took it to get aligned and double checked that all bolts were tight but sure enough after about 50 miles, it's alignment was off again front and rear toe (steering wheel was crooked again but no bolts were loose). I took it to get alignment yesterday and now it seems off again. I also noticed that driving over pot holes or imperfections in the road almost makes me lose control of the car. I can't figure it out. Attached is the picture of the toe rods and trailing arms. The bolts on the toe rods are tight on both ends (middle bolt is adjusting bolt) and the eccentric bolt is tight.

Please help with any recommendations or things to check.
Attached Images

pacegr85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:04 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
No expert here, but how tight are the bolts? They may seem tight but there is a lot of weight pushing against the arms and bolts. If the alignment tech is using the original torque specs the bolts may come loose; have them use some loctite and crank the bolts tight - "gudentite", as some might say
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
R u payin for a new alignment each time?????? Your shop should be comfortable workin on non oem suspension components AND IT'S ON THEM IF STUFF COME LOOSE...seriously...no excuse unless they inform you of issues...if this is happening I would find a new shop ASAP....
Old 11-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
What is throwing me off is that you have done Rear End Suspension work but yet your Steering Wheel is going off center.

What is the Alignment Shop telling you?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
pacegr85

Drives: Camaro SS
Thanks guys. The bolts are all very tight, I checked them all. I've only paid for the alignment once since it's covered by a 12 month warranty. The only thing I can think of is the eccentric bolts are bad. I'm going to mark the bolt location and drive it over the next few weeks and see if it moves.

Both times, the toe that is most off is the rear right (3.1 off). If the rear toe is off then it changes front as well I believe.
pacegr85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Rear toe will change your thrust angle which could send the front to one side or the other. I have no experience with aftermarket parts (or much with factory parts for that matter) but marking the bolts sounds like a good idea.
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote