Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #15
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangie View Post
Matt,

the red one is member of this forum.

Here video proof of your whipping. The BMW was really fast, he came out of nowhere. I will post more later in the ZL1 forum
Hi Angelo!

I didn't know if you were on here or not....Thanks for posting the video...I thought I had my Go-Pro on but I didn't. And I am glad your video matched my description above so I don't look like a liar!

For everyone else, I am of course the Grey Camaro 1LE that is lined up in front of Crangie in his red ZL1....he wanted to follow me around a bit to see the lines.....but I had my eyes set on the Boss 302 right out of the gate. Near the end of the video I backed off a hair so we could do a little lead follow and within a lap they waved the checker.

Finally, Nice driving! Next time we are out together I want to give you a couple pointers there...(not enough to pass me, just enough to keep up! ) J/K, with a little fine tuning you will be whipping me in that beast.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Matt, how did ur front and rear tires look? My rear left was worn pretty good on the outside but front left was worst. I need rear camber bad, not sure how to fix this without lowering springs. Front I will try to go to -1.6 or so. Maybe I will run 30psi cold too on both axles.

Finally, any luck with the curbs there? Turn one curb would save a lot of time but my car could not take it. As soon as rear tire goes over it the car fishtails.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
Cornerspeed. Is that a 4 Point Belt. I was looking at doing a similar set up for the track. With Harness and Tank Bar
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
No its 6pt.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #19
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Man the was bad azz would love to come with my 2010SS after mods and run a day with you all an get some pointers. Whats a day cost by the way????
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #20
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I have your answer as for keeping your ass in your seat.This is totally a bolt in system.I have referred a couple C5'rs there.This is from when i had it in my 2011 1LT RS,i took it out and put it in my 1LE,i dont have any pics of that.I get nothing for this other then helping out another C5'r if you interested let me know and i will let you know who you need to contact.
I ordered the Rally 3 ASM (anti submarine). They said for the Camaro this is the model to get if you still want to use your backseat; I have kids.

So, once this is in, can I still use the factory three point harness too?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #21
CrystalRedTintcoat

That BMW looked to be very modified. Nice writeup. I agree with your comments about third gear needing a little more oomph.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
That BMW looked to be very modified. Nice writeup. I agree with your comments about third gear needing a little more oomph.

that's what the long tubes are for!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #23
cornerspeed92

Quote:
I ordered the Rally 3 ASM (anti submarine). They said for the Camaro this is the model to get if you still want to use your backseat; I have kids.

So, once this is in, can I still use the factory three point harness too?
Hey Brian,i have never heard of that one,send me a pic.In the mean time i took some new shots to try and show you the connection points,and yes i still use my 3pt every time i drive my car.This setup i have can be taken out in under 30 min.as you have heard me say this is totally bolt in.
Ok so pic #1 is just where the tank plate,and harness bar bolt to the factory belt anchor.
pic #2 and#3 are where it bolts to the factory anchor at top and the bottom. I also have the tank plate installed here as well, you can just barely see it.
pic #4 and #5 are just the same thing,only the drivers side.
pic #6 is a good pic of the tank plate,and how it bolts right under the seat rails,you can also see how the tank plate,harness bar,and the original 3pt belt bolts right in,and as you can see there is no interference what so ever.
pic #7 is just a good close up of the connection point.
Attached Images

cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #24
CrystalRedTintcoat

2nd Track Day in my 1LE: Gingerman

Mark:

It's a Schroth harness. Should I get the pads too?

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/s...allye/rallye-3

Thanks for your write up. Going to read it now.

Brian

PS - I think we went off topic. Maybe we ought to move this to a new thread. :-O
Old 07-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #25
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Mark:

It's a Schroth harness. Should I get the pads too?

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/s...allye/rallye-3

Thanks for your write up. Going to read it now.

Brian

PS - I think we went off topic. Maybe we ought to move this to a new thread. :-O
I think we are talking about two different things.The belts are one thing,and the harness bar is another.In my set up the Schroth belts hook to the harness bar,and tank plate,what are you hooking your belts to? And as far as the pads go, that's something i thought about because of the 2 pics im including.The 1st pic is the night of my 130 mph get off,the 2nd is 6 months later after it wouldn't heal, they had to do surgery.When im a passenger in a car i wont wear the shoulder part of the belt,so i was obviously concerned about my 6pt,and thought about getting the pads,they were pricy(well from what i remember i think they were like $75.00).No you dont need to waste any money on them, i have absolutely no issues,and my belts are over this
Let me know if you have any questions.Mark
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I also plan on getting the Schroth ASM belts for my car. I plan on testing out the car with recaros only first before i upgrade. Are you sure the ralleye 3 fits, i thought we needed the ralleye 4 setup. I will look into this.

Dropspeed, what are you using for track lap recorder? I have trackmaster on my phone but i have not used it yet.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #27
CrystalRedTintcoat

HM Motorsports said only the 3 would work. But now Cornerspeed has spooked me so I need to see if the harness works without the tank plates.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #28
CrystalRedTintcoat

From HM "It’s designed to use the stock mounting locations for the lap belts, and the shoulder belt will mount to the C-pillar, where the factory 3 point is attached."