Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #85
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
I've decided I'm going to mount a trumpet in my trunk...I don't play the trumpet, and have no interest in the trumpet, but it will do me about as much good as a bat mounted in the trunk will and I want to be different....anyone know where I can get a trumpet painted Imperial Blue Metalic?

It's your car, and in the end your opinion is the only one that matters, but I think most people find this post puzzling because the bat serves no purpose in the trunk. As I said previously unless you're a MLB player the bat in your trunk serves as much purpose as the trumpet I'll soon have in mine.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #86
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00 View Post
As stated, if you are travelling, throw a glove and/or ball in the trunk too, to eliminate any potential issues.

But yes, AZ has terrific gun laws, Open carry is legal and in less desirable neighborhoods, or while riding motorcycles, it's amazing how well it works at keeping punks and undesirables from even approaching you. Night and day, from my experience. CCW? No problem, for those times you prefer to slip under the radar. Has our crime skyrocketed? Nope, quite the opposite. To quote my neighbor, "I just assume everyone is packing, so I try to stay outta trouble down here..."
And that's actually how it went down in the so-called "wild west". There weren't gun fights everyday at noon, like the Hollywood movies of today would have you believe. People didn't f*ck with other people because EVERYONE was armed, and they were taught how to use guns from 'birth'. Only YOU were responsible for YOUR survival, and those men and women who settled the Wild West were some of the 'baddest' survivalists that ever walked this planet. (they'd put Bear Grylls to shame)
Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #87
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
I've decided I'm going to mount a trumpet in my trunk...I don't play the trumpet, and have no interest in the trumpet, but it will do me about as much good as a bat mounted in the trunk will and I want to be different....anyone know where I can get a trumpet painted Imperial Blue Metalic?

It's your car, and in the end your opinion is the only one that matters, but I think most people find this post puzzling because the bat serves no purpose in the trunk. As I said previously unless you're a MLB player the bat in your trunk serves as much purpose as the trumpet I'll soon have in mine.
Here you go smartass
|

|
As I previously pointed out, the opening is too small to mount most shotguns, and if I'm going to keep a gun in the car I'd just get a handgun and keep it up front. The bat just made sense. It looks cool, and yes I can beat someones face into the ground with it if I need to. Worst case scenario, I'll look hella badass if I ever go play baseball with my friends.

This was always meant to be a showpiece, just like my car. Not a weapon, not a gun rights post, just me simply asking a question and doing something I thought was cool. Let be real, we've seen people strap way dumber crap to their Camaro's over the last year I've been a member on here.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #88
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
Does it look cool? Yes
Can I beat your ass into the ground with it? Yes
People have keeping bats in their cars for this reason for as long as there have been trunks.....
It's debatable whether or not it looks cool, but it's your ride.

You could attempt to beat my ass (or anyone else's ass for that matter) into the ground with it, but as people have said on here you could be bringing a Bat to a gun fight, and I guarantee you that a Smith and Wesson beats a Louisville slugger any day of the week.

I can see it now....an altercation ensues between you and someone else, it escalates, and you proceed to your trunk to retrieve your bat.....the other party, seeing you retrieving what could be a weapon draws their handgun from a concealed holster...you're then seconds away from imminent death because any threatening move you make at this point is grounds for use of deadly force for the other guy to defend himself.

If you want to have a bat if your trunk mounted like it's a rare elephant gun hanging on a wall in your study for others to admire that's your business ( I don't get it, but that doesn't matter), but the first time you take it out as a weapon could be your last in this day and age.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #89
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
I'm staying out of this one because I'm not from here and gun rights are clearly a hot topic. I'll be posting photos of the finished product for further criticism

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #90
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
It's debatable whether or not it looks cool, but it's your ride.

You could attempt to beat my ass (or anyone else's ass for that matter) into the ground with it, but as people have said on here you could be bringing a Bat to a gun fight, and I guarantee you that a Smith and Wesson beats a Louisville slugger any day of the week.

I can see it now....an altercation ensues between you and someone else, it escalates, and you proceed to your trunk to retrieve your bat.....the other party, seeing you retrieving what could be a weapon draws their handgun from a concealed holster...you're then seconds away from imminent death because any threatening move you make at this point is grounds for use of deadly force for the other guy to defend himself.

If you want to have a bat if your trunk mounted like it's a rare elephant gun hanging on a wall in your study for others to admire that's your business ( I don't get it, but that doesn't matter), but the first time you take it out as a weapon could be your last in this day and age.
I think you had it close to right. It would really really go down like this. As OP goes to his trunk, the person he is in the altercation with notices he is grabbing a bat. Seeing what is about to go down, the individual involved with OP in the battle goes to his trunk as well and grabs a baseball. From the stretch, he throws a perfect strike that hits OP in the back because he can not get his shinny bat loose from his trunk deck. Seizing an opportunity, EMB135 grabs his trumpet, and plays the theme from Rocky because its the only song he knows. All other Camaro owners in the area grab there 9mm's Vanilla Ice style and fire them in salute of the great pitch. The moral of this story...there is not one. It's just a damn good story!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #91
Gunslinger09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Mounting a bat in the trunk? Fruit or Leaf Nosed bat?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #92
jerisc

Drives: CAR
Heck, everybody in my neck of the woods hauls around a loaded weapon. Just our way of doing things. You never know when one of those pesky bigfoot or aliens might be trolling around. My PK 380 stays loaded & close at all times. I like it for the size, accuracy and the fact that it will accommodate 3 different types of ammo.
jerisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #93
jerisc

Drives: CAR
As far as personalization, go for it (OP)! I'm gonna have a custom grill made to match the tribal that runs from my waist to ankle.....
jerisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #94
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
These threads always make me

The tough guys with the guns.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #95
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
These threads always make me

The tough guys with the guns.
Loaded statement there....It's not about being tough...
Old 07-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #96
2010Slowmaro
5.0 lol...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Loaded statement there....It's not about being tough...
Exactly... Lol. Has nothing to do with making people think you're tough.

Custom tuned by a Skinny White Guy
2010Slowmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #97
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS

Not my Camaro..but I'm thinking of doing the same
Old 07-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #98
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
I might carry but I would never brag about it. The less people that know I may own guns and may carry, the better. Why broadcast it? If the time comes when I need to protect myself or my loved ones with deadly force, those that need to know will find out.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote