Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Dealer Loyalty

Hey Guys,

I'm just curious if you have heard of or have experienced discounts for staying with a particular company and/or dealer? I currently drive a cobalt and am madly in love with the camaro, but budget is a bit a problem. Just wondering if a dealer might give me a deal given that I'm staying loyal. I know it's sorta situational on a dealer to dealer basis but I'm just curious.

Victory
Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
It is possible, but from what I have found They will make it seem like they are doing alot more than they actually are. The dealer that I use I have bought 10(New) Vehicles from them in the past 5 years. It is best to shop around if you want the best deal. Get all their deals "In writing" . There are some that are going to say that they cant give you a written deal bc the deal they are giving you is so good that they dont want anyone else to know.(I have heard this line more than once) If they know that you aren't going anywhere else they are going to try to sneak in some extra $ on you.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
There isnt such thing as dealer loyalty. family bought 5 cars from same dealer and same woman, after we got mine, which was the last one from them they fired the sales woman, they didnt like that she gave us deals, so she was fired.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRed08 View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm just curious if you have heard of or have experienced discounts for staying with a particular company and/or dealer? I currently drive a cobalt and am madly in love with the camaro, but budget is a bit a problem. Just wondering if a dealer might give me a deal given that I'm staying loyal. I know it's sorta situational on a dealer to dealer basis but I'm just curious.

Victory
My Chrysler dealer was always giving a discount for repeat customers. For every car you bought, it was $1,500 off MSRP the next time around.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
One local dealer said they're charging $1500 over MSRP for previous customers and $2500 over for new customers. Isn't that awfully great of them to do?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote