Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #85
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
IM sorry but i need to go check my trunk for heads!
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #86
acamellis
IAMACE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black A6
Send a message via AIM to acamellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
It what I expected out of Top Gear.. In fact it better then I was thinking it would be.

As far as the comments of It should have been a LS3... I think they were looking at auto to auto

And all the specs I have read on the LS3 vs L99 they are about the same so I don't get the comments like the LS3 would have done much better. I don't agree, the auto and the manual are only a 1/10 of second apart in the 1/4 mile so I don't think the LS3 would have made much diff. IMHO
On a track there would be a difference if the driver was worth his salt.
acamellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #87
Jay J
Prince of Zamunda

Drives: XW30
You're also forgetting however where an American car deserves credit its given, James may loves the CTS, and Clarkson loves his Ford GT
Jay J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #88
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Good show, not necessarily a fair review but Hammy still would rather own the Camaro so that counts for something.... I think they were both autos...

And the suspension and transmission in the AMG are far better than the Camaro...

Not all that bad for the Camaro... All things Considered.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #89
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
the hell is this?

The G8 is a beautiful car...but not feeling this man, sorry.....although I agree ricer is a little harsh
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #90
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
This is absolutely not a good car for murderers... there is nowhere near enough trunk space. I do remember Jeremy saying "who's head is that" so perhaps he realizes this and claims that murderers only cart the heads around but any good murderer knows, and I'm sure you're all good murderers in your Camaros, that we take the whole body, not just the head. Silly brits.
2SS/RS Transformers Special Edition: Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts, Custom Exterior Sound Effects (Transforming) by remote or button, Yellow autobot on windshield, Darkened tail and marker lights, Yellow fogs and signals (more yellow for signals), Dash Ambient Lighting, Black Painted Suitcase Mufflers, Autobot bowties and steering wheel, yellow leather stitching, yellow SS symbol on headrests, blacked out back trunk lid, blacked out brake light trim.
Pics of my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #91
ncstatered21

Drives: 2004 Chevy S10 Crew Cab
i knew this was going to piss me off. biased review as usual from top gear. for one, wet test track of course is going to hurt the time...two, L99 engine with 26 less HP...third, comparing it to a flubbing mercedes that is twice as expensive?!?!? absolutely absurd. i hope they did this on purpose so they do another episode and revisit the camaro and give it a review that it deserves.

Future Camaro: 2SS, Red Jewel Tint, White Rally Stripe
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #92
zora2mac8
Deano

Drives: Cyber Gray Metallic SS
i have been watching top gear for the longest time.. and this is just dissapointing.. they do such good shows.. and when it comes to doing our car, they waste it on a merc? really? these cars do not go hand in hand and i hate that they put it down comparing it a car that is twice the price in a different class.. BS. they shoulda did a mustang challenger camaro comparison it woulda been much more entertaining. gimme a break. im sure in the future though there will b another show where they have it again and jeremy will love it because of the script.. i just dont buy this show any more.. i am really upset with this. damnit.

HTML Code:
http://ny5thgen.com/ZORAMAC8%20Z.htm
zora2mac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #93
ChevyCobb

Drives: Corvette Z06
Well, at least the admin fixed the audio in the clip

Thanks for removing my original post in this thread
ChevyCobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #94
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
IM sorry but i need to go check my trunk for heads!
Thats right we keep them in the fridge. Otherwise they smell up the car.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #95
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
ya that tall guy is a douche he just doesnt understand...
the other little guy however does understand and thats why he said he would still have the camaro.
that other car was ugly and should not be considered a muscle car. it looked like a rich mans family car.
He does understand. You guys have to realize that most of what he says is purely for entertainment purposes. That and the fact that he's British. Most Brits don't like the way American cars handle and the way they are built, especially Muscle Cars. Clarkson also hates on Porsches and BMW drivers, which is allright in my book.

I don't agree with most of what he says but I'm not going to bash him because he his highly entertaining. Had Clarkson reviewed the car, his comments would probably have been much worse.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #96
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
to bad ur car looks like a ricer
Says the guy with the full body stripes and the ground effects kit?

Oh wait, nevermind.....you drive a Mustang.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #97
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
It what I expected out of Top Gear.. In fact it better then I was thinking it would be.

As far as the comments of It should have been a LS3... I think they were looking at auto to auto

And all the specs I have read on the LS3 vs L99 they are about the same so I don't get the comments like the LS3 would have done much better. I don't agree, the auto and the manual are only a 1/10 of second apart in the 1/4 mile so I don't think the LS3 would have made much diff. IMHO
+1

Most people don't know that the L99 makes more power under the curve then the LS3. People are so concerned with peak power.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #98
Jay J
Prince of Zamunda

Drives: XW30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphWS6 View Post
He does understand. You guys have to realize that most of what he says is purely for entertainment purposes. That and the fact that he's British. Most Brits don't like the way American cars handle and the way they are built, especially Muscle Cars. Clarkson also hates on Porsches and BMW drivers, which is allright in my book.

I don't agree with most of what he says but I'm not going to bash him because he his highly entertaining. Had Clarkson reviewed the car, his comments would probably have been much worse.
Linkwpc hear's my "Clarkson" comments on the camaro almost daily :p
Jay J is offline   Reply With Quote