Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Question Not sure how to go about purchasing/ordering

Well, I have been reading these forums for months now and I finally decided to register. I have been reading a lot about people getting on waiting lists at dealerships and now the new information about orders on 10/13, and I am a little confused about some things.

First of all, is it already too late to get on a waiting list if I want a SS/RS in March? Second, I am not sure what color I want, I was hoping to be able to see some in person before deciding on a color, but since ordering is in less than a month, what are my options here? I assume if I just wait and don't order ahead of time, I won't be able to get one for a few months?

Thanks for any help!
GoldFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
welcome. and hello
I don't think it's too late to get on a waiting list. just call your local dealerships and ask them about their views on pricing at MSRP or invoice or such and figure out which one will give you MSRP. many will say they are not sure. FORGET THEM. find the one who will talk and work with you on MSRP. Then they will put you on their waiting list if they have one. and then they will call you when they are ready to place orders.(10/13) and as for colors. you could always look at other cars in the Chevy Fleet with the same paint job at your local dealerships
hopes this helps
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Thank you for the information, although I don't know how comfortable I feel just looking at the color on different cars. I don't want to drop this kind of money and then end up being disappointed with my color choice when I get the car.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
Thank you for the information, although I don't know how comfortable I feel just looking at the color on different cars. I don't want to drop this kind of money and then end up being disappointed with my color choice when I get the car.
Well unfortunately you're going to have to wait a while to see all the colours on the Camaro in person. At the moment you only have 3 options: look at pictures of the Camaro on your computer, look at photoshoped pics of the Camaro, or look at other cars with that colour.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
fbird777
SOM WS6

Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
Quote:
I'm in the same boat you are. I have seen Aqua Blue HHr's, Colorado's, but no Camaro's.

fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Okay, one other thing I forgot to ask, what are the factory stripes going to look like? Are they just on the hood, and if I want to get them from the front all the way back do I need to just take the car somewhere to get it done, or?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Okay, one other thing I forgot to ask, what are the factory stripes going to look like? Are they just on the hood, and if I want to get them from the front all the way back do I need to just take the car somewhere to get it done, or?
I think they are hood and deck lid, similar to bumble bee from transformers.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Okay thanks, that is good then, if only they were offering them in black...
Old 09-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I have never bought a new car before), but do you have to pay up-front when you order or do you pay when the car arrives? I hope it is the latter as I won't have enough for a few months still.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I eMailed the Internet Manager of my local dealer. I received a call from them yesterday (but didn't realize it since my cell was in the car) saying they didn't have a waiting list. I was asked to give them a call (I forget the guys name). I don't know what they did for the Challenger, but it sounded like he was willing to discuss my doing whatever it is others did for the Challenger before it was officially for order/release.

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow I guess.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Goldfire, it seems you have a choice. If you want it right away in March, you'll have to order it, sight unseen, and all the other unknowns. If you're not comfortable with that, the other option is waiting. Being the first on your block to have one is great, but it does come with some problems, as you have seen.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
16yearoldcamarodriver
Advanced Senior Member

Drives: Mercedes ML350 '06
Welcome GoldFire! Nice to meet you,

16yearoldcamarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote