Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-16-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
Addoni

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS Camaro
Question on factory warranty and cold air intake

I just bought a new 2015 Commemorative Edition RS Camaro 4 weeks ago. This baby was on showroom floor and had everything I wanted and more. I purchased the best warranty (7yrs bmpr2bmpr)
I want to add on a Airraid or K&N system and was wondering if anybody has done the same with a new camaro with negative feedback from dealership? And yes I know about modifications to cars under warranty but just was wondering if any one was told this is the cause of that or this nonsense from a dealer? Thanks in advance.

Addoni
Addoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
You can use your moms hat as an air intake and it will not void the warranty. Internal engine parts will void the warranty on those parts, and any parts damaged in the failure of that aftermarket part. External parts only void the warranty on the part you took off. I.E if you replace the rear diff and it grenades they wont fix it, because it isn't theirs. If you change the programming of the computer and it CAUSES a failure, you are on you own, if something fails on the car having a tune will NOT be cause to deny warranty. It has to be the cause. Hendrick has never denied a warranty for anything on my car, whether I had it modified, i broke it, or otherwise.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addoni View Post
I just bought a new 2015 Commemorative Edition RS Camaro 4 weeks ago. This baby was on showroom floor and had everything I wanted and more. I purchased the best warranty (7yrs bmpr2bmpr)
I want to add on a Airraid or K&N system and was wondering if anybody has done the same with a new camaro with negative feedback from dealership? And yes I know about modifications to cars under warranty but just was wondering if any one was told this is the cause of that or this nonsense from a dealer? Thanks in advance.

Addoni

Simple answer - no. .....question: what commemorative was issued in 15?
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #4
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Will it void the entire warranty? No. If that cold air intake causes lean codes to pop up...not GM's problem. If someone oils the filter too much and it ruins the MAF sensor...not GM's problem.

Basically any modification has to directly contribute to the failure of another component to "void" that part of the warranty.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Check out the thread below. Short answer: a warranty claim can not be denied simple due to the presence of an aftermarket part or upgrade. Only if the issue in question is a direct result of the part or modification. Even then they can not outright void your warranty.

Will This Modification Void My Warranty?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
Addoni

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS Camaro
http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...014-s/1213.htm
Addoni is offline   Reply With Quote