Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #673
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
New Wheels, Pro Shoot to follow for 360 Forged. Schedule has been very full lately just haven't been able to make the time. I can say this is the first 5th gen on a set.

VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #674
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Car is looking bad ass as always, love the new wheels!
Thanks man! Appreciate it. I'm digging the new wheels as well at first I wasn't sure but they have sure grown on me. Pain in the butt to clean with all those spokes
Old 07-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #675
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Nice rims! Cant say that ive seen them before
Old 07-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #676
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Woooooooooo Shit Chris those rims look sick on ur ride...nice touch and as for the video did the beamer really think he had a chance lol....car looks crazy
Old 08-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #677
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Good lord, those wheels look sweet man!! I also loved all the racing videos, and pictures! I just read over the stuff tonight that I missed over the last few months, which is a lot. Ha-ha

I know exactly how you feel about the car. You love it, and it's hard to let go, but there are other things you feel are more important. It's so hard to make these sacrifices, but make sure you do what makes you happy in the long run regardless of what that is. Did you ever sell your car to the buyer you were talking about???
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #678
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Nice rims! Cant say that ive seen them before
Thanks! I'm quite happy with them for sure.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #679
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
Woooooooooo Shit Chris those rims look sick on ur ride...nice touch and as for the video did the beamer really think he had a chance lol....car looks crazy
Thanks! I'm having a tough time trying to find a photographer to take pictures. I wish I had a nice camera i'd give it a shot myself. . Haha that beamer was quick for what it was! It was making almost 600HP!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #680
VanquisherSS

Car is potentially sold, just waiting on some funds to transfer.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #681
VanquisherSS

Well looks like the funds are transferring as of today, and the car will most likely be gone by next weekend. Time to get it all ready for the next person to hopefully love and enjoy as I have over the course of these last few years. I had a lot of ups and downs with the car over the years and it went through a few different setups but I think in the end for me I was very happy with the car and what it became.

Talking with the new owner he really does love cars and has a few project cars he is working on with his son now. I hope that this car becomes one of those projects he shares with his son and it brings them a lot of enjoyment. Time to keep it moving and onto the next project. I'll be sure to share this community with the new owner and hope he comes on and shares what he has in store for it!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #682
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
How much did you sell it for?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #683
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Well looks like the funds are transferring as of today, and the car will most likely be gone by next weekend.
you filthy traitor.
unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #684
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
you filthy traitor.
Awe there there lol. I will still be at the track with my new car just won't be a camaro! I need something more idiot proof so I don't run 13s
Old 08-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #685
pancherj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Hey Chris! Can't wait to pick up the car. I still haven't told my 8 year old. He is going to be shocked!

I hope to drive the car, show the car and especially get back to the track and do some drag racing. So, I will definitely need some advice. My IROC was a mid 11 second car with an automatic. I haven't raced a manual in almost 20 years. What rear tires and rims are out there that will fit these cars? I am hoping to keep it around $1000 for wheels and tires. I was thinking a radial slick, but not sure how to handle a high horsepower stick shift.

Any advice from the veterans?
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #686
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
Hey Chris! Can't wait to pick up the car. I still haven't told my 8 year old. He is going to be shocked!

I hope to drive the car, show the car and especially get back to the track and do some drag racing. So, I will definitely need some advice. My IROC was a mid 11 second car with an automatic. I haven't raced a manual in almost 20 years. What rear tires and rims are out there that will fit these cars? I am hoping to keep it around $1000 for wheels and tires. I was thinking a radial slick, but not sure how to handle a high horsepower stick shift.

Any advice from the veterans?
Here's, my advice....quadruple your wheel and tire budget!! For that car you'll need at least a 17" slick and skinnies. If not you'll be leaving so much in the table.

Also, there is no such thing as a radial slick. It's either a drag radial or a bias slick for these cars.

Plenty of drag racing tire and wheel info on this site.

Congrats on the purchase of the car.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro of the week