Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
thompson2224

Drives: 2014 camaro 2LT RS
Bowling Green Ohio Parking

I go to bowling green state university. I leave my camaro back home in illinois to protect it from the college parking lot, but I want to bring it out here in a few weekends, and then it would stay for about 3 weeks. Are there any places that I could park the car within reasonable distance from the college so that it doesn't sit in a lot with college kids who would damage it?

Thanks for any advice in advance
thompson2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #2
thompson2224

What's my best option? A storage locker? Would a dealership keep it during the week?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
pikSkip

Drives: '69 VET, '70 Z28
Camaros of Northwest Ohio

I'll send this to out club members here in the area to see if they have any suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson2224 View Post
I go to bowling green state university. I leave my camaro back home in illinois to protect it from the college parking lot, but I want to bring it out here in a few weekends, and then it would stay for about 3 weeks. Are there any places that I could park the car within reasonable distance from the college so that it doesn't sit in a lot with college kids who would damage it?

Thanks for any advice in advance

2010 Black/Beige 2SS/RS A6 SRoof
(Cat-back SLP Loud Mouth II, CAI, Technostalgia Rapid Fire TL) CONO (Camaros of NW Ohio)
pikSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
thompson2224

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikSkip View Post
I'll send this to out club members here in the area to see if they have any suggestions.
Thank you very much. Any help would be great. Im at a crossroads. I love the car and would love to have it here, but at the same time want to protect it. So if theres anywhere that is cheap and close that I can keep the car at during the week and then take it out on weekends for 2 weeks that'd be very helpful
Old 04-06-2015, 10:56 PM   #5
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Thank you very much. Any help would be great. Im at a crossroads. I love the car and would love to have it here, but at the same time want to protect it. So if theres anywhere that is cheap and close that I can keep the car at during the week and then take it out on weekends for 2 weeks that'd be very helpful

I left my car parked in the lot on pike on the west side of campus for 5 days and it never got touched. I would assume you cold also park out in front of your dorm area as well and be fine. Or find a storage unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2015, 11:17 PM   #6
thompson2224

Not a bad thought. Do you know of any storage units that the car will fit in that I can rent for just a month or few weeks?
Old 04-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
thompson2224

What would be really great is if anyone near Bowling Green has an extra garage space that I could use til May 1st, or space in a storage unit around the area. I would get my own storage unit, but most will require a multiple month lease and I only need it for a few weeks.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #8
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
What would be really great is if anyone near Bowling Green has an extra garage space that I could use til May 1st, or space in a storage unit around the area. I would get my own storage unit, but most will require a multiple month lease and I only need it for a few weeks.
I've got one located about 45minutes away from BG, my car is getting pulled out on the 20th, but I've got it until the end of the of month, we could work something out if you want.

It is a 10x20 so it is a tight fit on the side , but there is enough room to get in and out of the car with caution to not hit the doors.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #9
thompson2224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
I've got one located about 45minutes away from BG, my car is getting pulled out on the 20th, but I've got it until the end of the of month, we could work something out if you want.

It is a 10x20 so it is a tight fit on the side , but there is enough room to get in and out of the car with caution to not hit the doors.
Yeah what would you want to do for it? That would be great
Old 04-18-2015, 09:54 PM   #10
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
My son attends BGSU as well. You would be welcome to put the car at my place, but I am about an hour north of campus. You could even park it inside my enclosed trailer. My shop already has my 3 Camaro's in it! I have some friends that live around Toledo, but don't know any with extra covered parking. If you don't care if it sits outside, I am sure I can find you a safe place.
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #11
thompson2224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall421 View Post
My son attends BGSU as well. You would be welcome to put the car at my place, but I am about an hour north of campus. You could even park it inside my enclosed trailer. My shop already has my 3 Camaro's in it! I have some friends that live around Toledo, but don't know any with extra covered parking. If you don't care if it sits outside, I am sure I can find you a safe place.
Thank you. I may take you up on that. As another question then, do you know of any shops around that can do racing stripes and tint for fairly cheap?