Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-18-2022, 01:12 PM   #1
Bigalamo

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
ARH system vs BBK

Hey guys, I’m on the fence about choosing between the ARH Long system with H-Pipe or with just the LTH from BBK. Both are LTH with high flow cats, but the ARH has 2.5” mids/h-pipes and the BBK LTH will use the stock mids and h-pipe.

Anyone know if there is any power increase or deeper rumble/note with the larger mids/h-pipe? Either one of the options will be paired with my MRT V-1 axleback with quad 4” tips and tune.

Here is the ARH long system:
Name:  1BDBFE4F-7D0D-4EA3-9AB5-7170DEB96C20.png
Views: 151
Size:  93.3 KB

BBK LTH:
Name:  B403DFF2-1A06-46A7-9FA5-637214C7AC65.jpeg
Views: 147
Size:  35.5 KB
Old 04-25-2022, 11:47 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I absolutely loved my ARH set-up. It sounded great. The first time I came in 2nd at Camaro Fest, I was beat by a guy with BBK's. I did not have headers yet. I did not like how his set-up sounded nor did I like the sound of any other V6 I had heard with headers. I went straight to the ARH booth & talked to Nick. He convinced me to let him make me a set of long tubes &n high flow cats with an H-pipe. I was never sorry at all. It was pretty quiet at idle & cruise, but at WOT it was a lovely deep sound. The system looked great too. Those welds are a work of art. It never rusted like the BBK's will. Just IMHO. Here is a video clip:
Old 04-26-2022, 11:50 AM   #3
Bigalamo

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I absolutely loved my ARH set-up. It sounded great. The first time I came in 2nd at Camaro Fest, I was beat by a guy with BBK's. I did not have headers yet. I did not like how his set-up sounded nor did I like the sound of any other V6 I had heard with headers. I went straight to the ARH booth & talked to Nick. He convinced me to let him make me a set of long tubes &n high flow cats with an H-pipe. I was never sorry at all. It was pretty quiet at idle & cruise, but at WOT it was a lovely deep sound. The system looked great too. Those welds are a work of art. It never rusted like the BBK's will. Just IMHO. Here is a video clip:
Wow, great note! I decided to pull the trigger the other day and order them. Extremely excited! How long did it take you to receive them?

Also, thank you for your input.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:40 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Geez, that has been a long time ago, so I don't really remember. Hope you love it as much as I did.
BTW that was with Borla mufflers.