Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 07-10-2016, 07:31 AM   #1
streetjudge79

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Is GM doing anything about the IPODS not working?

My old Ipod barely worked with my 2016 Camaro. I just got a brand new Ipod a few days ago. Plugged it in with the USB cable it comes with. It worked ONCE. Now my car doesn't even recognize it. Is GM doing something about this? I have NO music other than the regular channels. No cd player, no MP3 player.. NO MUSIC! I hate this sound system.
streetjudge79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #2
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
I am using my Iphone 6 with carplay and i can listen to all the music with the Music app!
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:57 AM   #3
streetjudge79

I don't use Iphone. I want my Ipod to work.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #4
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetjudge79 View Post
My old Ipod barely worked with my 2016 Camaro. I just got a brand new Ipod a few days ago. Plugged it in with the USB cable it comes with. It worked ONCE. Now my car doesn't even recognize it. Is GM doing something about this? I have NO music other than the regular channels. No cd player, no MP3 player.. NO MUSIC! I hate this sound system.

ok cool but NO HATE to the sound system.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Is this an ipod classic?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #6
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
USB Work around:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446739

After having used both Ipods, phones, and USB drives, except for listening to audio books, USBs are definitely the way to go. I keep most of my music in the car now.

Trick: any large music source will take a while for the car to index, select the playist you want next time you start your car before you shut it off.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #7
streetjudge79

I do not want to use a USB. I want to use my IPOD as it is supposed to be compatible. It's the newest Ipod, not the classic.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #8
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Why not ask GM? Seems that would be the first thing to do if your having issues. instead of asking a bunch of strangers in a forum. My daughters ipod has no problem in my camaro. Maybe a trip to the dealer might help?
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
I do not want to use a USB. I want to use my IPOD as it is supposed to be compatible. It's the newest Ipod, not the classic.
It is not the car it is your ipod i have a middle aged ipod touch that hasn't had any issues for two weeks ising tje same hookup as you withthe supplied usb cable. I bought my fiance one of the 16gb ipod touchs last april it has issues connecting to my car it's a software issue with the ipod not with GM or the car as she experienced this in her 2015 VW aswell. Go to your local area apple store and sit down with them they did an update for my fiance and it works now in my car but if your ipod is ridiculously full it will bog down and take upwards of an hour to fully sync your songs to the infotainment system.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #10
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Just trying to help.

I tried a 4th gen and 7th gen mini Ipods and an Ipod classic. The 4th gen works sometimes. I can also let you know OP the 5th gen Camaros had ipod problems too.

With the current phones ipods are becoming like VCRs.

Some advice from Chevy below. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Good Evening Ricojesse,

This certainly isn’t what we like to hear! I do apologize for any inconvenience this concern regarding your iPod may have caused. A great resource to assist you with troubleshooting would be our Infotainment Customer Service Team. They can be reached at (855) 478-7767 between 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST, Monday through Saturday. If they are unable to help with your concern and you need some additional assistance, I’d be more than willing to get in contact with your dealer to look into this matter further.

Please feel free to send us a private message with any questions or concerns!

Best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
I couldn't get my android auto to work for the life of me. I am pretty decent with Tech so it was driving me crazy.. My usb worked, wife's iphone and ipods worked... My Samsung S6 would not work... I finally tried a different cable and it worked just fine. I'm not 100% sure but I think the cable I was trying was the cable that came with the phone and the one that I live in there now was a cheap knock off on amazon. Try a different cable or two might work.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #12
snow_leopard

Drives: '16 1SS
I've learned through trial and error that if you turn the car off with the ipod playing it won't connect next time you turn it on. If you switch to the radio or unplug the ipod prior to shutting down the engine, it will reconnect next time. and to reset,if you restore the ipod it will connect next time.
snow_leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #13
k818mn1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, Garnet Red
I didn't know they even made ipods any more!
k818mn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:07 PM   #14
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
I seem to have an issue as well. I just got delivery of my 20166 SS Vert on Friday (8/12/16). I hooked up my Ipod and it was easily recognized. All my music and playlists were showing on the radio...and I have over 9,00 songs on there. It started playing music, and about 5 minutes later, it just cut off. No idea why. Disconnected it, reattached it and the same thing happened. I'm wondering if it could be an Ipod issue. It is an Ipod Classic.
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote