Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #15
RedHot16

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 1LT 6 cyl M6
Yep comes and goes. I can feel it from the seat of my pants. Rides smooth then you can feel the vibration come on then fades away. What about a wheel hub assembly ? Would that do it ?
Old 12-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #16
HZjr

Drives: Camaro 2SS A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot16 View Post
Yep comes and goes. I can feel it from the seat of my pants. Rides smooth then you can feel the vibration come on then fades away. What about a wheel hub assembly ? Would that do it ?
Are the vibration like the described in this post?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470624
Old 12-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #17
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HZjr View Post
Are the vibration like the described in this post?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470624
He has a manual V6.

Do the V6's have cylinder deactivation?
Old 12-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #18
MrRadioActive
"Challenge Everything!"

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS - Red Hot
Mine has the vibration at 60+ right off the lot (6spd manual). It's been in three times in less than 2 months (took delivery 10/29/2016), they have done nothing but test drive it and tell me I'm imagining it (apparently I'm an idiot). Funny how that's what they told me about my '14 GM truck that ended up being a lemon because they were too stubborn to actually fix the vibration issue. I know what it is - the wheels need to be indexed and road forced OR the car sat and there are flat spots on the tires - but they won't do anything. Very frustrating to spend $55K on a car and get this type of treatment. I've escalated it to GM Corporate as it's there and other people feel it. I plan on filing the lemon paperwork right after holidays to get their attention.
MrRadioActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:22 AM   #19
RedHot16

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 1LT 6 cyl M6
Mine did sit on the lot for nearly a year.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:54 AM   #20
streetjudge79

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Yep exactly. I do get it at lower speeds but not nearly as much as higher speeds. I told them to check the torque converter and they said that was fine. This is the same dealer that has tried to fix my my link sound system to work with my iPod 3 times and they can't fix it. Very frustrated with this car.
streetjudge79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetjudge79 View Post
Yep exactly. I do get it at lower speeds but not nearly as much as higher speeds. I told them to check the torque converter and they said that was fine. This is the same dealer that has tried to fix my my link sound system to work with my iPod 3 times and they can't fix it. Very frustrated with this car.
Go to a different dealer.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:30 AM   #22
kgf

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I have same issue and have had a heck of a time to get the dealer to figure out there was even a problem. Took 2 months. You will probably have to get someone from the dealership to ride with you to prove that you have the problem. I had left very detailed instructions on how to duplicate the issue and the mechanic was unable or refused to use instructions after 3 trips to the dealer. All the mechanic is going to do is drive the crap out of it. Mine shudders when you baby it or use cruise control (highway driving). I took the service manager for a ride and within a few miles he was in full agreement that the car was broke. He could feel the shudder from the passenger seat.

If you are not locked into to your current dealer and are unsatisfied, go to another dealership. From over 2 months of experience, it is only gonna get worse. I am locked into my dealership because of airbag issues and parts ordered. Huge mess. Starting to look like things will get resolved soon. Had to get GM Corporate involved.

Mine goes into the dealership Monday to look at the torque converter. At least they agree the car is broke. Now to fix it.
kgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #23
ThePandaSmuggler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T 8AT
Interesting, I have this same issue. It's very intermittent. Also it doesn't matter what kind of road I'm on. I figured it was something to do with the diff. TC would make sense seeing that I'm in an I4 with the 8-speed auto.
ThePandaSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #24
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
My car has recently started doing the same thing. Feeling like driving on rumble strips or something. Today it was doing it a little bit after every shift as well at part throttle but most of the time it at low speeds and going slightly uphill. I have put it in manual mode to make sure it's not in V4 too. It is getting frustrating and I just don't want to have to deal with this crap with a brande new car. First the rear end and now the torque converter
Old 12-25-2016, 06:25 AM   #25
streetjudge79

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Where do we get the lemon law paperwork?
streetjudge79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #26
dkmatter

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Where do we get the lemon law paperwork?
For your state:

http://myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw
dkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
This certainly isn't what we like to hear, Stephen. We apologize for any continued frustration, and can understand your concerns regarding this vibration. Please send us a private message if we can be of assistance at this time, or if you'd like us to explore some other options for dealers in your area.

Thank you,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot16 View Post
Good Afternoon RedHot16,

We regret to hear that you seem to be experiencing this concern in your manual, and apologize for any inconvenience caused. If it'd be of interest, we'd be more than happy to get in contact with your dealer to facilitate a service appointment. Please send us a private message with any further details.

Best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care