Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It's developed for Camaros!!! LOL!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #16
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
he he he. I like the ZR-1. And LS9. One cool thing that I noticed in the video is that the supercharger whine has been nearly eliminated. So all you hear is 600+hp beastlyness. 'nother cool fact is that the brakes were developed for the Ferari Enzo and FXX. The ZR-1 wont be the fastest car in the world, but it won't get embarassed on the track by Enzos either. I don't think there is another car that sells for ~100k that can make such a claim. Makes you wonder what all that F1 derived tech is good for.
plus you didnt dump all that money for not that much more performance
Old 03-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #17
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
I read in Camaro magazine that since the Corvette has the LS9 that the logical step down would be the LS7 for the Camaro. I am just going on what the mag said. I really dont know much about the line of motors so I am just a noobie on that. Does that make sense that the Camaro would have the LS7? They said that each year the Camaro basically got the previous year Corvette motor. :notheadlights:
Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #18
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Yeah but the LS7 is the Z06 motor, not the standard motor, being the ls3...furthermore, the ls7 isn't going to happen...thats a 30k engine by itself... SO unless the top of the line Camaro is going to start at around 50k I doubt it will happen.
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #19
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Yeah but the LS7 is the Z06 motor, not the standard motor, being the ls3...furthermore, the ls7 isn't going to happen...thats a 30k engine by itself... SO unless the top of the line Camaro is going to start at around 50k I doubt it will happen.
Sounds good for a Super Beast though, like the ZL-1
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #20
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
isn't the ls7 dead, or at least will be soon?
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #21
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Yes, the ZO6 will be moving to the LS8.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

No more LS2 and LS7s. It seems like GM is moving toward different S/C'd 6.2Ls for high-end models.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #23
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^ I hope so. I'm really jones'n to find out what they will be. Even if we don't have a near 500hp beast I can at least start looking at ways to get there.

I'm starting to get that twitch I get when we go a while without anything new....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #24
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
^ I hope so. I'm really jones'n to find out what they will be. Even if we don't have a near 500hp beast I can at least start looking at ways to get there.

I'm starting to get that twitch I get when we go a while without anything new....

I'm with you. I've never owned a new car. My wife has always gotten them, so I think I've just been waiting for the right car; and Camaro is the right car

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

http://www.rpmplanets.com/bowtie-gen...er-080308.html

Here is a link to RPMPlanets that also includes a video of the differences between the LS9 and LSA.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #26
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
how much gas you think the ls9 would EAT???
Old 03-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #27
radz28
Petro-sexual

I seriously think they wouldn't have it much less, if any at all, than an LS7. With how gas prices are, I don't think they would try that. It's smaller, and there are parasetic losses that are lower than traditional blowers that Magnuson has engineered into their blowers to be more efficient at speed, so I'm sure it will be very comparable to the LS7.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I seriously think they wouldn't have it much less, if any at all, than an LS7. With how gas prices are, I don't think they would try that. It's smaller, and there are parasetic losses that are lower than traditional blowers that Magnuson has engineered into their blowers to be more efficient at speed, so I'm sure it will be very comparable to the LS7.
Agreed, from what I've read, supercharged engines don't hurt fuel economy too bad unless you use the power it provides.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote