Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-16-2007, 01:01 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyseth1 View Post
All of the sudden i am finding a great appeal to the fourth gen Camaro waiting on the fifth to come out. I think that I am going to(probably after my anniversary) get a 94-00 SS or Z-28 to entertain me until the fifth comes out. Question for 4th gen owners................. what would be some great racing slicks to get for that body style?
Of everyone I've spoken to, Mickey Thompsons were the fav. Pop'em right on a spare set of OEM Camaro rims and trade'em out when you get to the track. Run them all night, trade them out before leaving the track and head home. I've been looking for a pic of an old friends. The look kinda funny, but catch like you wouldn't believe!

Oh, and I've heard tons of people who've purchased the Nitto's who have been very dissapointed. Never tried them myself. Just know they wear down FAST. Don't be like some of my friends either and run them on the street. By the next time you'll need an oil change, your tires might need changing too.

You'll love the 4th Gen. I had $17,700 to put down on anything I wanted a year and a half ago. What did I do? Bought another 4th Gen. They are quick as hell, comfy, get pretty good gas mileage, and sure do look sweet. If you hold off until Oct or Nov, you are guaranteed to come across a lot of good winter deals like I did.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #30
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
I can wait. I'm not allowed a new car for 2.5 years anyway (the girlfriend has me by the purse-strings!)
I don't know what disturbs me the most, that a "girlfriend" (Not wife like us married people, lol) has you under money control or that you carry a purse.

LOL, just messing but like you I'm not allowed for a good while either so I might be WAY late getting this beast. I'd love a SS, but I'd be SUPER FINE with a Z28 making 350-400HP (Which I could always tweak for more GO)
Old 08-17-2007, 09:37 AM   #31
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
You have me there Cubanaso!
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #32
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
LOL....it's all for shh and giggles friend.....lol.