Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #1737
Synner

Drives: cars
They're AN fittings, you'll need to take them off and measure them. Using thread sealant would help prevent leaks.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #1738
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
They're AN fittings, you'll need to take them off and measure them. Using thread sealant would help prevent leaks.
This one fitting was NOT leaking before. My mechanic moved it around while I was on the phone, and now it leaks. It looks like it has some sort of quick release pin on it?? Like I would push that in, and they pull apart?

Because when I tighten or loosen, it just turns, and does not come apart.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #1739
Synner

You need a wrench on each of those fittings. The pin is part of the factory assembly process, do not mess with it. Its a swivel fitting like a brake line nut around a flared line.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Aeroquip/023/F...ductId=2434565
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #1740
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
You need a wrench on each of those fittings. The pin is part of the factory assembly process, do not mess with it. Its a swivel fitting like a brake line nut around a flared line.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Aeroquip/023/F...ductId=2434565
Thanks for the reply. The link you attached is close, but not the same fitting. I will post another pic of the fitting I need. I know it's confusing.

I need the fitting that has the braided line going into it, or how do I get the fitting apart? Its leaking right there at the bottom where he used the wrench (and I tried to tighten), and the black piece with the braided hose going in it. I guess it needs to be trimmed or resealed?

Thanks for the reply
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #1741
Synner

90 degree, still need to measure it.
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...39164/10002/-1
Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #1742
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Like Synner said, those are 90 Degree AN Fittings.

I don't think your fitting is bad. You just need to tighten it.

The fitting are made up of four pieces. The 90 degree elbow and the hose end.

The three pieces below make up the "hose end" the main section, the farrel and the collar.

To tighten the fitting, you will need two wrenches. Used one wrenches on the for the 90 degree elbow (red) and the other one on the hoses end (yellow).

The pin allows you to swivel the fitting and clock it in the direction you want it to point before tightening.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  243.5 KB

Let me know if you need any more help.

By the way, have you pin pointed where the leak is coming from? Is it from the end that connects to the cooler or the hose?
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #1743
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post

The three pieces below make up the "hose end" the main section, the farrel and the collar.

To tighten the fitting, you will need two wrenches. Used one wrenches on the for the 90 degree elbow (red) and the other one on the hoses end (yellow).

The pin allows you to swivel the fitting and clock it in the direction you want it to point before tightening.

Attachment 461782

By the way, have you pin pointed where the leak is coming from? Is it from the end that connects to the cooler or the hose?
Thank you for being so detailed for me. I needed that. The leak seems to be coming from either between the yellow and the red that you highlighted below, and it even looks like it could be coming from the elbow that is connected to those as well. That whole assembly is wiggly, if that makes sense. Like the elbow that connects in to the fitting on the hose end, moves around if you mess with it. Almost like it would come out if you pulled hard enough, but won't really, just feels 'fragile' if that makes sense?

So the leak is coming from the end that connects to the hose. I do know that for sure.

I have not tried tightening the yellow and red parts at the same time though. I was just tightening the part you had highlighted in the red?? I can try again? I just don't understand why that end feels so 'loose'?

Thank you again for going into detail for me. Let me know what you think about that area feeling loose??
Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #1744
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:

Attachment 461782

Ok, so I just went out there and tried to tighten the way you said to. The wrenches would not move a hair, so I am assuming it's as tight as it's going to go.
So where to now? Do I need to remove it and replace it? Or do I need to remove, cut the hose, and try again with the same fitting?

Also, here is the dumbest question of the day....that tranny cooler that the fitting is hooked to...I am assuming it will need to be refilled....where in the heck do I refill it? It's a M6 car, so it's not like it I can refill it with clutch fluid at the reservior. I looked all over for a filling area, and I must be dumbest person on the planet, because I can't figure out where to refill it once drained.

This car was purchased modified as is, I know the majority about the car, and have worked with cars before, but this has me a little stumped on the refill of the cooler. So I don't want to drain it, attempt to fix the fitting, and then not be able to refill it.

Thanks for your help so far!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #1745
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
Ok, so I just went out there and tried to tighten the way you said to. The wrenches would not move a hair, so I am assuming it's as tight as it's going to go.
So where to now? Do I need to remove it and replace it? Or do I need to remove, cut the hose, and try again with the same fitting?

Also, here is the dumbest question of the day....that tranny cooler that the fitting is hooked to...I am assuming it will need to be refilled....where in the heck do I refill it? It's a M6 car, so it's not like it I can refill it with clutch fluid at the reservior. I looked all over for a filling area, and I must be dumbest person on the planet, because I can't figure out where to refill it once drained.

This car was purchased modified as is, I know the majority about the car, and have worked with cars before, but this has me a little stumped on the refill of the cooler. So I don't want to drain it, attempt to fix the fitting, and then not be able to refill it.

Thanks for your help so far!
Could you take better pictures of your trans cooler? You said your car is a M6? You have me wondering something......

Quick update:

I've been studying the craftsmanship on my Pfadt coilovers, and the more I look, the more I'm amazed. I wish I had two of each. One for the car and the other for a pedestal!!!

Name:  IMG_3125.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  129.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3127.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3134.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  74.0 KB

Notice the mounting plate has a bead texture finish while the body is smooth. This is the color I'm looking to use on the body of the rack. Everything about these components screams quality. Just look at the welds

Name:  IMG_3137.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  98.6 KB

The color on the coils is a beautiful gun metal with a metallic built into it. I'm getting in contact with Pfadt to see if I can source the color and use it on the sub frame.

Name:  IMG_3132.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  101.5 KB

Update on the rack:

Starting to detail each separate component. This piece is where all the lines connect to. I am going to anodize it orange to stay consistent with the Pfadt colors.

My concern is its a cast piece and sometime the anodizing will look dull. So I polished the crap out of it to see if it will work. If not, There's some paint that mimics anodizing. Worst case scenario, I will just powder coat it.

Raw:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  174.0 KB

I did this all by hand because it's hard to get a flat finish using the dremel and I wanted it to look like a piece of billet. It just took me 5 hours... I mean 5 minutes .

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  198.4 KB

Polished:

Name:  3a.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  124.6 KB

The steering shaft looks like chrome now!

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  72.5 KB

The plug for the rack.

Name:  017.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  71.9 KB

This is the reservoir tank I'm using from Lee's Power steering. The cooling fins have shown 40 degree temp drop in on the track race conditions. I polished it but I will still be doing some additional work to it. I am going to sand the weld smooth so it's seamless. Once I determine the mounting location, I will weld mounting plugs. I ordered a weld-in cap from Billet Specialties today because I don't like the cap it comes with. Hopefully it'll work. Lastly, I will probably anodize it but not sure on the color yet.

Name:  019.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  018.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  111.5 KB

Here is a little tease of my new sub frame. These ends were custom machined to cover the tube end of the frame to give it a more finished look. This will be a first for these frames!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  142.7 KB

Stay tuned.....

Last edited by Moreno1; 01-14-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #1746
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Could you take better pictures of your trans cooler? You said your car is a M6? You have me wondering something......

Quick update:

I've been studying the craftsmanship on ny Pfadt coil over and the more I look, the more I'm amazed. I wish I had two of each. One for the car and the other for a pedestal!!!

Attachment 462429

Attachment 462430

Attachment 462431

Notice the mounting plate have a bead texture finish while the body is smooth. This is the cooler I'm looking to use on the body os the rack. Everything about these components screams quality. Just look at the welds

Attachment 462432

I color on the coils is a beautiful gun metal with a metallic built into it. I'm getting in contact with Pfadt to see if I can source the color and use it on the sub frame.

Attachment 462433

Update on the rack:

Starting to detail each separate component. This piece is were all the lines connect to. I am going to anodize it orange to play with the Pfadt colors.

My concern is its a cast piece and sometime the anodizing will look doll. So polished the crap out of it to see if it will work. If not, Theres some paints that mimic anodizing. Worse case, i will just powder coat it.

Raw:

Attachment 462434

I did this all by hand because it's hard to get a flat finish using the dremel and I wanted it to look like a piece of billet. It just took me 5 hours, I mean 5 minutes .

Attachment 462435

Polished:

Attachment 462436

The steering shaft looks like chrome now!

Attachment 462437

The plug for the rack.

Attachment 462438

This is the reservoir tank I'm using from Lee's Power steering. The cooling fine have shown 40 degree temp drop in on the track race conditions. I polished it but I will still be doing some additional work to it. I am going to sand the weld smooth so it's seamless. Once I determine the mounting location, I will weld mounting plugs. I order a weld in cap from Billet Specialties today because I don't like the cap it comes with. Hope fully it will work. Lastly, I will probably anodize it but not sure on the color yet.

Attachment 462439

Attachment 462440

He is a little tease of my new sub frame. These end were custom machined to cover the tube end of the frame to give it a more finished look. This will be a first for these frames!

Attachment 462442

Stay tune.....

Your work and pictures continue to amaze me and everyone on this site!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #1747
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Great work again Nathan!! Glad you got the package, thanks again for helping me.

I had my first car show of the year this weekend, I won 1st Place in my class!!!!! here is a pic of how the engine compartment turned out.

SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #1748
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:

Quick update:

I've been studying the craftsmanship on my Pfadt coilovers, and the more I look, the more I'm amazed. I wish I had two of each. One for the car and the other for a pedestal!!!

Attachment 462429

Attachment 462430

Attachment 462431

Notice the mounting plate has a bead texture finish while the body is smooth. This is the color I'm looking to use on the body of the rack. Everything about these components screams quality. Just look at the welds

Attachment 462432

The color on the coils is a beautiful gun metal with a metallic built into it. I'm getting in contact with Pfadt to see if I can source the color and use it on the sub frame.

Attachment 462433

Stay tuned.....

Wow These pics look fantastic! Cant wait to seee the results after the anodizing/powdercaoting of other parts. Sent you an email just now. Check it out! Hope it helps guys!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #1749
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Great work again Nathan!! Glad you got the package, thanks again for helping me.

I had my first car show of the year this weekend, I won 1st Place in my class!!!!! here is a pic of how the engine compartment turned out.

Congrats bro, the bay looks awesome!

That's a JRE Super Tensioner right?

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #1750
kobSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Dang - I remember peeking through this thread when you were first starting it. It just gets more and more sexy. The attention to detail you put into this project is beyond amazing.

I couldnt help but keep checking out my pfadt coilovers when I got them. They are the perfect piece of suspension art to go along with your car.

You arent too far from me either - maybe some day i'll be fortunate to see this beauty in person.
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age"

Build Thread
kobSS is offline   Reply With Quote