Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
843metalhead

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Tuner Vendors please respond

.2011 SS Camaro LS3.
basically, i want to keep my warranty
I don't want headers
I've only installed SLP LMI axleback (rear muffler delete)
I want a little bit more sound and power so I'm looking into HF cats and CAI.
I also want to get rid of the decel popping sound, very badly.
Is there a tune that you have that can tune just these things but can also un tune it back to stock without leaving any trails if needing to take it to the shop if something goes wrong or just needs a service.

Last edited by 843metalhead; 02-03-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: adding LS3 for clarification
843metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 843metalhead View Post
.2011 SS Camaro LS3.
basically, i want to keep my warranty
I don't want headers
I've only installed SLP LMI axleback (rear muffler delete)
I want a little bit more sound and power so I'm looking into HF cats and CAI.
I also want to get rid of the decel popping sound, very badly.
Is there a tune that you have that can tune just these things but can also un tune it back to stock without leaving any trails if needing to take it to the shop if something goes wrong or just needs a service.
I hate to be Cold but if you don't want to jeopardize your warranty Don't Touch your Car, Ut, I guess we are too late

You can't Fool GM if you tune it they will Know, and you can't get what you want unless you tune it.

Now with that out of the way, It is your car you should make it the way you want it.

There are Thousands of Modifications you can do that are completely safe to do and won't hurt your car, Do you Research before you lay down your hard earned cash.

We have NEVER heard of someone getting they're Warranty Void just for having a tune but I guess that could change at any time.

If your going to do High flow cats you might as well do Long Tube headers Same Risk, your messing with emissions equipment.

I Thoroughly Test all products on the market and can help make the decision process easy for you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
843metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I hate to be Cold but if you don't want to jeopardize your warranty Don't Touch your Car, Ut, I guess we are too late

You can't Fool GM if you tune it they will Know, and you can't get what you want unless you tune it.

Now with that out of the way, It is your car you should make it the way you want it.

There are Thousands of Modifications you can do that are completely safe to do and won't hurt your car, Do you Research before you lay down your hard earned cash.

We have NEVER heard of someone getting they're Warranty Void just for having a tune but I guess that could change at any time.

If your going to do High flow cats you might as well do Long Tube headers Same Risk, your messing with emissions equipment.

I Thoroughly Test all products on the market and can help make the decision process easy for you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Ted.
why do I keep hearing word about this tune that can just being untuned?
and i'm not too in to headers bc of the price and if I do headers and hf cats on top of the LMI it's going to be "pull me over" loud and i don't want it too too loud like that. then again i've never heard that setup in person and have never heard that setup in normal driving rpm's in person either so idk. but I just got my taxes back so it's mainly about the second part more than the money.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
why do I keep hearing word about this tune that can just being untuned?
and i'm not too in to headers bc of the price and if I do headers and hf cats on top of the LMI it's going to be "pull me over" loud and i don't want it too too loud like that. then again i've never heard that setup in person and have never heard that setup in normal driving rpm's in person either so idk. but I just got my taxes back so it's mainly about the second part more than the money.
The SCT X3 I sell and use to tune 100s of cars allows you to program a performance tune and return to stock any time you like but GM can See that the computer has been reflashed and how many times, there is a tracking software to check this if the dealer wants to look or has a reason to.

Headers and High flow cats do not make your car louder than just high flow cats.

You should seek out parts that are of high quality and give the best performance per dollar.

Ted.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
843metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The SCT X3 I sell and use to tune 100s of cars allows you to program a performance tune and return to stock any time you like but GM can See that the computer has been reflashed and how many times, there is a tracking software to check this if the dealer wants to look or has a reason to.

Headers and High flow cats do not make your car louder than just high flow cats.

You should seek out parts that are of high quality and give the best performance per dollar.

Ted.
so your sayin if I just do HF cats it will be just as loud as putting on LT headers and HF cats? cuz really that's all I want to do anyways and i won't need a tune. it's bolt on, so if anything i can just bolt on the stock cats right back up. correct me if I'm wrong.
I just always thought HF and LT is louder than just HF.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Yea, what Ted said is true! The high flow cats will give you that extra flow volume both for performance and sound! The stock cats are THE biggest flow resistance in the exhaust! Adding LT's won't do much for additional sound but will add some more performance! Downside of LT's is that you will eventually get a cel light due to O2 sensors are in a different place relative to the engine. A tune will eliminate the cel and maximize performance but will void the powertrain warranty! I have Solo high flow cats and cat back exhaust and it's quite loud and no tune required! I added some high flow resonators to quiet it down a bit and I think it's perfect now! So if you don't want to worry about voiding warranty but want more sound and performance, the high flow cats will be the way to go! IMO!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
so your sayin if I just do HF cats it will be just as loud as putting on LT headers and HF cats? cuz really that's all I want to do anyways and i won't need a tune. it's bolt on, so if anything i can just bolt on the stock cats right back up. correct me if I'm wrong.
I just always thought HF and LT is louder than just HF.
Correct, same Noise level, but High flow Cats will need a tune also, some times you can get away with spacers on the O2s but it is not a fool proof solution.

Ted.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Mike E

Drives: 2011 camaro v6 con . IMO,
Tune

Can you get a new or used onboard comp. Install a good tune?
And switch back if theirs a warraty issue.
Mike E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Can you get a new or used onboard comp. Install a good tune?
And switch back if theirs a warraty issue.
Nope, not like the good ol days.

VIN and odometer is tied to the ECM, I believe.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
Steck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 twin turbo Corvette Z06
I'm a little bothered at how cavalier some people are about warranty fraud. Off topic, I know.
Steck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Unless this car is different then most other GMs, it keeps the odometer and VIN info on the BCM, not the ECM. And this thread is exactly why we engineered Transparency Mode on our tunes

Shows only stock calibrations have been flashed. So yeah the flash count is higher but only stock tunes were flashed as far as GM is concerned. (with a tech2 anyway, they can still tell if they send your ECM to GM, which almost never happens)
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steck@Craven View Post
I'm a little bothered at how cavalier some people are about warranty fraud. Off topic, I know.
+1
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
Unless this car is different then most other GMs, it keeps the odometer and VIN info on the BCM, not the ECM. And this thread is exactly why we engineered Transparency Mode on our tunes

Shows only stock calibrations have been flashed. So yeah the flash count is higher but only stock tunes were flashed as far as GM is concerned. (with a tech2 anyway, they can still tell if they send your ECM to GM, which almost never happens)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if GM accesses the computer, and sees the count, they also have the number of times they have been in it as well... via the VIN....therefore even if it only shows stock tunes, they would know something is up...???

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post

Sorry GM is Not That Dumb, if the computer was flashed more times then they have on record your Toast.

Ted.