Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-09-2010, 03:46 AM   #827
lindsrt
lindsrt

Drives: 2011 silver ice 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Funny thing the same happened to me again today........... after stopping in at Jersey Mikes for a great sub in North Myrtle Beach today, I went back out to get in Casper. I noticed a drunk on a bicycle leaving the ABC store across the parking lot heading my way. He peddles up beside me and says" Beautiful Mustang, what year is it ?".............I told him it was a 2010 Chevy Camaro, he said "Oh well!"...................then he immediately preceeds to change subjects and asks the famous monetary related question " Can I have Four Dollars?"..............I had a loose dime in my pocket so I handed it too him and he looked up with a lost puppy look on his face and says, "Thats not Four Dollars Buddy" and I said " This isn't a Mustang either Donald Trump, scram" and he quickly peddled off............................
I THINK THE CAMARO WAS GONE TO LONG GM SHOULD

HAVE NEVER STOPPED BUILDING THE CAMARO SOME PEOPLE

DONT EVEN KNOW THEY STARTED BUILDING THEM AGAIN?

I HAVE NEVER BEEN INTO FORDS BUT FORD KEEPS

ON WITH THE MUSTANG IT NEVER WENT AWAY?
Attached Images

lindsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:53 AM   #828
kd4hey
Motorhead Wannabe

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99) RJT
Send a message via Skype™ to kd4hey
I had a teenage girl tell me she was "Available for adoption" the other day!

2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT VIN# 116938 Del: 27AUG2010 "Veronica" is a wet dream on wheels!
Former Ride: 2010 1LT RJT 15AUG2009 - 27AUG2010 "Victoria" was one fine lady! CamaroSouth - Columbia Chapter Member
kd4hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #829
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I had the worst one of all today, While getting gas, a 20 something girl came up and said "That is a real nice looking car. Did you get the turbo 4 cylinder one????"
Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #830
BROMARO909
SO CAL HEAD TURNERS

Drives: 2010 CHEVY BROMARO
One girl asked me if she could see it transform....... I hate it when people say my is a transformer
APPEARANCE MODS: STILLEN FRONT SPLITTER, CUSTOM PAINTED BOWTIE, TINTED FOGLIGHTS, BLACKED OUT RIMS, CUSTOM PAINTED BRAKE CALIPERS, BLACKED OUT KEYHOLE, 35% FRONT 15% REAR WINDOWS, TINTED TAIL LIGHS, BLACKED OUT TRUNK LID. LIGHTING MODS: BFXENON 6K HID KIT, STEALTH TURN SIGNAL BULBS, LED FOG LIGHT BULBS.
INTERIOR MODS: RED LED BULBS IN MAP/TRUNK, FLAT BLACK CLUSTER BEZEL, CUSTOM PAINTED SHIFTER BEZEL
PERFORMANCE MODS: BLASTIN BOBS AXLEBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM, HURST SHORT THROW SHIFTER, H&R SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS
BROMARO909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #831
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Funny thing the same happened to me again today........... after stopping in at Jersey Mikes for a great sub in North Myrtle Beach today, I went back out to get in Casper. I noticed a drunk on a bicycle leaving the ABC store across the parking lot heading my way. He peddles up beside me and says" Beautiful Mustang, what year is it ?".............I told him it was a 2010 Chevy Camaro, he said "Oh well!"...................then he immediately preceeds to change subjects and asks the famous monetary related question " Can I have Four Dollars?"..............I had a loose dime in my pocket so I handed it too him and he looked up with a lost puppy look on his face and says, "Thats not Four Dollars Buddy" and I said " This isn't a Mustang either Donald Trump, scram" and he quickly peddled off............................
That is awesome.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #832
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro
I got a "automatic is for girls" comment yesterday from a friend of a friend... Where I live is very stop and go traffic and that is why i didnt get a manual.. I even wanted to learn how to drive manual until my dad and my friend that has an old manual honda told me how unfun it would be to drive a stick around here.... was pretty annoying.. Oh and best part is.. He doesn't even have a car and keeps saying how he wants to race me
ZachSGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #833
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Of late the dumbest remark has been "Why aren't you driving it?". Uh look outside. It's snowing. I have a 4x4 - why would I drive the Camaro?
Look at any car over 5 or 6 years old and you can see what the winter chemicals do to a paint job. Find one 10-15 years old and see what it's doing to the sheet metal. My Camaro is a keeper, it's parked during inclement weather.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #834
KybheSS

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS
This is kind of related to the thread...
It is pretty snowy here and I rear-ended a truck tonight in my daily driver (sweet 2003 Olds. Alero). I asked the guy if he was ok and he said yes. Later when the cop came we were talking and he said something about it being a new truck. I proceeded to say "Yeah, I know what you mean. I got rear ended in my 2010 Camaro about a month ago." No $hi*, his VERY NEXT words were: "I think my neck is hurting a little from getting hit." I thought he was joking so I kind of laughed it off, but he proceeded to grab his neck and give me a serious look. What a jerk. Should have kept my mouth shut. Funny how he had no problem bending over to look at his bumper (which was spotless mind you. I did NO damage to his truck) but once I mentioned my new Camaro he all of a sudden was hurt. Hope this doesn't end up being a legal matter.
KybheSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #835
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
I had a young lady. ask me if i wanted to get merryed....then she said
"I'll take the car in the devorce" .took a good look at her and said "So where ar we honeymooning" Then I smiled and walked away. funny part is i see her time to time and she still ask's for the keeys. lol

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #836
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
"Nice Corvette!"

From a guy who is a self-confessed car freak...

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #837
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Was at a Christmas party and had person say "Wow, you must drive fast all the time with a car like that. How many tickets have you gotten?"

And when I told her that I have not had a speeding ticket in over a decade, I got the "You don't need a car like that if you don't speed, you should trade it in for something more practical" comment.

Did not even try to explain to this one the difference between need and want, just went back to looking over the various snacks/foodstuffs at the buffet table.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #838
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
I've got a 2SS/RS GFX with a little over 5K in mods... after I showed them all the cool stuff they say "wow.... that must have set you back almost 30,000"

ye... I wish.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #839
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I had a ricer kid ask me how I got a concept Camaro. I told him my Dad worked for GM and since they're going out of business they gave it to me.
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #840
98nosz28

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28
I have guys that are driving 70k diesel trucks saying "wow must be nice to afford one of those. lol

2011 SS/RS synergy green, sunroof, M6. Street scene ground effects, hood spear and shark fin decals from ridergraphix.
98nosz28 is offline   Reply With Quote