Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2022, 06:04 PM   #15
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyquest264 View Post
Up in Waterford, but he’s only owned it a month or two. It’s imperial blue.
Obviously you are an individual with exquisite taste, a great sense of style, classy yet bold. Congrats.

Tires that old I might get them changed before the 1000 mile trip, as they are probably close to 14 years old. The rest of the fluids should be fine with that low mileage.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:15 PM   #16
Jonnyquest264

Drives: Honda Crosstour Yamaha Super Tenere
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Obviously you are an individual with exquisite taste, a great sense of style, classy yet bold. Congrats.
I’m blushing lol

Won’t have time to change the tires, if I fly up it’ll be on Friday.
Jonnyquest264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:21 PM   #17
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Seems odd that he couldn't wait a month for his car to arrive. Does he even have a title in his name yet? Seems like it would have been a lot less hassle to just rent a car for that period of time. If I couldn't make arrangements to pay a qualified mechanic to give it a once over before I bought it, it would be a hard pass for me - unless there was something extraordinarily special about the car.

But to each their own. I bought my second Camaro from a dealership three states away, while under the influence of a cocktail of drugs laying in ICU. Then bought my daughter a plane ticket to fly up and drive it home. But for me, it was a very special car - only one of three that I have been able to find in all of North America,
Old 10-25-2022, 07:34 PM   #18
Jonnyquest264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Seems odd that he couldn't wait a month for his car to arrive. Does he even have a title in his name yet? Seems like it would have been a lot less hassle to just rent a car for that period of time. If I couldn't make arrangements to pay a qualified mechanic to give it a once over before I bought it, it would be a hard pass for me - unless there was something extraordinarily special about the car.

But to each their own. I bought my second Camaro from a dealership three states away, while under the influence of a cocktail of drugs laying in ICU. Then bought my daughter a plane ticket to fly up and drive it home. But for me, it was a very special car - only one of three that I have been able to find in all of North America,
I’m not worried so much about the condition. After talking to him he’s a car guy and finicky about his purchases. He was expecting his ZO6 in about 6 months to a year so bought this just to have something fun to drive in the meantime.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:37 PM   #19
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
I’m not worried so much about the condition. After talking to him he’s a car guy and finicky about his purchases. He was expecting his ZO6 in about 6 months to a year so bought this just to have something fun to drive in the meantime.
And that's all that matters. (If you're not worried about condition...) Apparently your mind was already made up? Grin...
Old 10-28-2022, 08:07 AM   #20
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Formulation View Post
Hopefully it's never seen a Michigan road in the winter, it doesn't take long for cars to be destroyed up here. I will not buy any vehicle from Michigan.

So much this. Michigan is the place where cars go to die. You can try to garage them all you want, but at some point you have to take it out into the blistering cold and snow, salt, potholes, and the whole 9 yards. I'm with LS1 on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Formulation View Post
my Silverado from Indiana ( they don't use salt there, from my understanding, someone correct me if I'm wrong )

We use salt here, especially up north. Down south where I am, we don't get big snowfall anymore (this isn't the 70s where we got them regularly during the winter). No snowfall = no salt, so we're all good.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 09:04 AM   #21
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
As others have mentioned. Tires is probably the biggest "problem" with the car. I bought mine in 2020 with the original Michelins on it from 2011. They looked damn near perfect, but had bulges and cupping that you couldn't see without putting it on a tire machine. Will it make the trip home? Probably... Would I change the tires as soon as I got home? Yeah. Along with a full fluid change you should be golden. Good luck with the car!

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 10:07 AM   #22
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I only got 20K miles on my Michelin tires. After 2 sets I changed brands. I put Continental tires on. They are 50K mile tread wear warranty.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 10:20 AM   #23
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:

Oh, tires are original on the car, he said tread is good but due to age will need replacing.
Be careful on those. My original Pirellis rears only lasted 20k and they don't like the cold or wet.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 10:36 AM   #24
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
I live in WAYYY northern Michigan, and my car has NEVER seen snow or salt...Wait until after the first few rains of spring before I even think about taking her out. I wouldnt worry about the condition of the car, especially if he is waiting on a Z06, Im guessing he takes care of his stuff. and like others have said, tires, check them over well.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 02:43 AM   #25
Jonnyquest264

Just to update you all, he ended up selling the car to someone locally before i could get shipping arranged or a flight booked. Oh well, bummed.

So, currently in the market for a 2010 (ish) M6 with lower miles if y'all know of someone looking to sell or thinking about selling.

I want to thank everyone for their insight and opinions, they really meant a lot!
Old 11-01-2022, 08:29 AM   #26
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Just to update you all, he ended up selling the car to someone locally before i could get shipping arranged or a flight booked. Oh well, bummed.

So, currently in the market for a 2010 (ish) M6 with lower miles if y'all know of someone looking to sell or thinking about selling.

I want to thank everyone for their insight and opinions, they really meant a lot!

There's quite a few camaros for sale in my area. I'd be surprised if there weren't more options down in FL.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #27
stickwiggler13

Drives: 2012 2SS Convertible
I’ve got a 2012 2ss convertible 6 sp manual with 7800 miles.
Like new condition.
PM me if you’re interested
stickwiggler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 12:53 PM   #28
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Being an SS and no winter driving per owner you may want to evaluate if the summer tires are up to a winter drive. If it still has summer tires they are only rated down to a certain tempature.
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote