Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
They are driven there. That was the procedure since production started.
well there ya go, mystery solved.....lol
Old 11-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #16
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I have factory stripes. Car had 12 miles on odometer when I took delivery. The dealership only drove it across the street to fill it up.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #17
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I think this is the current way it is now done. My black rally stripes were done at the factory but it was one of the first to be sent there I only had 9 on it when I picked it up. So maybe it was trucked there and driven back? Who knows as long as it doesn't get to you with 100 miles on the clock. I remember 10 years ago when I bought my truck they located one for me but it was rather far away. So when they transported it to my dealer it was DRIVEN 68 MILES not trucked. Thank god it wasn't a Camaro who knows how it would have been treated. I'm sure the "kid" at the dealer isn't gonna have the same respect for the car these people do.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
All stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well at the time, I was TOLD that my car was TRUCKED and was logged as such, this was before they started doing them ALL there, at the time, ONLY two colors were done there, the rest were done at the dealers. and this was well before the Oshawa event. SO, this may be the why its done currently, but not they it was at the time, so I have been told, and since you live there, who you would know better than I...... it's not a big deal
I believe all of the stripes are installed there now.They do an excelllent job as shown on the inspection sheet in my previous post, it also show driver and passenger information. I also was provided with the gate pass used to leave and enter the Oshawa plant. Some dealer installed stripes were terrible, maybe thats why they have them all done at the facility in Whitby
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Heather finally changed her location below the Avatar.....
Old 11-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
Keith70Chevelle

Drives: 1970 Chevelle, 2010 Camaro Red
My wifes 2LT RS VR had 14 miles on it when we picked it up. 13 of those were having the stripes installed at the factory. True!
Keith70Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
When I was at the ramp late Spetember, I watched them driving them to the Whitby facility.

I am sorry, but the few miles they are driven, allows the stripes to be put on the cars correctly from the get-go. It is worth it.

My dealer did mine and he did a great job. But not all are as diligent as they were.

So, to me at least, this is a good thing. Keeps the quality up.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #22
1sickss

Drives: BADDEST SS IN ATL!!!!
this makes me sick, somebody other than me driving the piss outta my car
1sickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #23
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickss View Post
this makes me sick, somebody other than me driving the piss outta my car
I've seen 'em in action...they are not driving the 'piss' outta your car
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #24
jimsss

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5fan View Post
Well......that's been fine so far (except for the additional mileage).....but now winter is on it's way.

I'd hate to see them travel over the salty/sandy streets for the next few months.
I am planning on a spring delivery, but also wanted the "factory installed stripes" which it appears that this is not the case as they source the job at another location. :(

Is anyone else concerned about having thier new Camaro driven through 12 miles of salted roads? (remember were talking Canada! here) If they havent seen snow yet, it's right around the corner, and the roads wont be "unsalted" till April at the earliest.
jimsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #25
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2016 corvette Z06
I would rather have 40 miles on the car than some half ass stripe job done at the dealer
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #26
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
I've seen 'em in action...they are not driving the 'piss' outta your car
Much like you Anna, I have watched the folks at Oshawa taking these cars over to Whitby. Not by a longshot are they beating on these cars. They are a very careful group of people.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #27
fast orange
Account Suspended

Drives: 2003 Corvette, 2009 ChallengerSRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
We went to the place where they install the stripes when we were in Oshawa for the 'Thank you Oshawa Employees' Camaro5 gathering. Here are a couple of pics:

nice pic, but this plant is not in Whitby, this plant is in Oshawa, the stripes are done in Whitby, my business is beside this plant, Kerr Industries, pictured here, does police car packages, hence all the Impalas on the lot, i'm not sure what they do to the Camaro, but i don't always see Camaros there, hope this is helpfull
fast orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
You are correct, this is in Oshawa. They also do police packages on the Impala.

We were also told they put the stripes on the Camaro. Perhaps they are put on both in Whitby and Oshawa? Would certainly explain why some cars don't have over 12 mi on the odometer at customer delivery, yet they have 'factory' installed stripes.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote