Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 05-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #379
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
List of mods, etc. If no changes from a previous post, please provide that information. You understand. If guys just start posting timeslips without a full mod list, it will get very hard to organize. I can't just assume someone has the same setup as a previous post.
No mods since previous post. Car didn't leave the trailer since Camaro5 fest.

Same list of mods as this article,

http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/robin-law...-lsa-2576.html

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #380
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
SGOS252382...

Quote:
...That's all up to 1320junkie. And someone would have be organize it all....How many categories should there be, and what should be allowed in each category?
FYI... 1320Junkie is no longer a Moderator on Camaro5.com, so you should probably consult with GTAHVIT or DragonEye.

I'm a firm believer in the "Keep It Simple" philosophy, so although it may be a little more fair to drill down categories even further, it would probably just complicate matters.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:12 AM   #381
DrumDawg

Drives: BumbleBee, 67 Firebird,79 Porsche
[/QUOTE] The Fast List will have five sub-lists, as submissions warrant:

Bone-Stock on Stock Tires. This means completely stock with no performance changes whatsoever; must have stock tires, stock exhaust, stock airpath, stock “untuned” computer (ECU/PCM), etc.

Bone-Stock, except Non-Stock Tires including drag radials. Otherwise, the same requirement as above.

Bolt-Ons without Internal Engine Modification (e.g. modified airpath, headers, PCM-tune, aftermarket clutch, non-stock rear gears, skinny front tires)

Internal Engine Mods plus Bolt-Ons (e.g. stock displacement with bolt-ons plus heads and/or cam)

Power Adders (Nitrous, Turbo, Supercharger)

.[/QUOTE]

The classes aren't correct anyway... Were is the top 30 bone stock? Many racers run a K&N air filter and still consider their car "bone stock". This is false! They can consider their car stock, but not bone stock(see rule-"no performance changes whatsoever") Bone stock means exactly how it came from the factory. Some think the air pressure should even match the factory specs to be bone stock. This sort of makes sense since most people don't drive the roads with their front tires at 42 psi and backs at 20 psi. Maybe a new list needs to be started? Call it bone stock and all the cars need to really be all original, just as they came from the factory to be considered. The guys who want to change the small things could still be in the stock class. This isn't happening and it is sad because it is skewing this thread. The fastest stock car at the fest ran a 13.3 (corrected for weather and altitude to 13.1) so cars running sub 12's is highly unlikely if they are really "bone stock". Stock, maybe. I guess we will see at Challenger Fest because they are going to check each car claiming to be running stock. Computers included. Believe me, if they try to cheat you will see it here. I will also post the best stock passes. I suggest that we throw out any times that don't seem obtainable after that. So if you claim to have one of the top 30 times for the stock class you'd better come out and defend your honor and represent us well.

The author of this thread needs to ask all of the top 30 drivers in the stock list if they were totally bone stock. If they weren't, they could still stay on the stock list. Then start a new "bone stock" Top 30. That would set things right.
3400 = Broadcast:09/14/2009
3800 = Produced:09/17/2009 2G1FK1EJ5A9147250
4000 = Available to ship 28Sept
4200 = Shipped-Rail-Detroit at 3AM on 5Oct, Departed for Miami, Ohio @ 3AM, arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio, 7 Oct 0749 arrived in Louisville Kentucky,at Kane Ave Tenn.@ 8:30PM,left for Wauhatchie, Tennesee 10Oct,Waycross GA10Oct,Jacksonville FL 11 Oct.
5000 = Delivered to the dealer 14Oct09
6000 = Delivered to the customer 17Oct09
DrumDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #382
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Even though I feel this is uncalled for, I will oblige. My car is 100% as it came from the factory. The tires came with 32 lbs in all 4, so that's where I kept it. Not because I wanted to keep it completely stock, but because I'm too lazy to go to the dealer for nitro.
As for the times at the fest, we have mainly 2 reasons for the slower times; less than perfect weather conditions (temp, humidity, DA), and the fastest cars/drivers were not there. I plan on attending the challenger fest and have no problems with passing a tech Inspection to prove I'm still stock. I can promise you I won't be running 12.60's up there cause it will be hot and humid. My best times were in 50-60 degree weather with almost no humidity and -DA. I do expect to run 12.80's and 12.90's all day long. The good thing is the heat will effect us all, and the challengers, who struggle just to break into the 12's, will be hamstrung even more. I think nhra stocker is also going and he knows the rules too. I feel confident I will represent Camaro5 appropriately.
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #383
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The Fast List will have five sub-lists, as submissions warrant:

Bone-Stock on Stock Tires. This means completely stock with no performance changes whatsoever; must have stock tires, stock exhaust, stock airpath, stock “untuned” computer (ECU/PCM), etc.

Bone-Stock, except Non-Stock Tires including drag radials. Otherwise, the same requirement as above.

Bolt-Ons without Internal Engine Modification (e.g. modified airpath, headers, PCM-tune, aftermarket clutch, non-stock rear gears, skinny front tires)

Internal Engine Mods plus Bolt-Ons (e.g. stock displacement with bolt-ons plus heads and/or cam)

.[/QUOTE]

The classes aren't correct anyway... Were is the top 30 bone stock? Many racers run a K&N air filter and still consider their car "bone stock". This is false! They can consider their car stock, but not bone stock(see rule-"no performance changes whatsoever") Bone stock means exactly how it came from the factory. Some think the air pressure should even match the factory specs to be bone stock. This sort of makes sense since most people don't drive the roads with their front tires at 42 psi and backs at 20 psi. Maybe a new list needs to be started? Call it bone stock and all the cars need to really be all original, just as they came from the factory to be considered. The guys who want to change the small things could still be in the stock class. This isn't happening and it is sad because it is skewing this thread. The fastest stock car at the fest ran a 13.3 (corrected for weather and altitude to 13.1) so cars running sub 12's is highly unlikely if they are really "bone stock". Stock, maybe. I guess we will see at Challenger Fest because they are going to check each car claiming to be running stock. Computers included. Believe me, if they try to cheat you will see it here. I will also post the best stock passes. I suggest that we throw out any times that don't seem obtainable after that. So if you claim to have one of the top 30 times for the stock class you'd better come out and defend your honor and represent us well.

The author of this thread needs to ask all of the top 30 drivers in the stock list if they were totally bone stock. If they weren't, they could still stay on the stock list. Then start a new "bone stock" Top 30. That would set things right. [/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Top 30 stock times are all bone stock (as reported by the drivers). There was only one exception (can't remember which time) that was allowed by 1320junkie. The owner admitted he had a K&N filter and I believe different oil in the car.
Other than that one exception, all times are presumed to be 100% factory stock as reported by the drivers.

Correcting for weather doesn't produce negative DA conditions. I know one of the 12.6s (stock) was achieved in 30 degree weather with a -1600 ft DA.

Lots of stock LS3 M6's have been trapping 111 mph (bone stock). Even the magazines have been doing it. 111mph trap speed is plenty fast enough to run mid 12s. You just need experience launching the car off the line fast and powershifting down the track.

Any car that can trap 111 mph is more than capable of running mid 12s. I'm pretty confident we'll see mid 12s (12.4s - 12.5s) from skilled drivers in the new Mustang GT. It has the trap speed to produce those times with the right driver behind the wheel.
But it's going to take excellent track conditions with most likely a negative DA.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #384
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Can we do a power mods with street tires list..
Im about to have supercharger runnign stock tires.. I still want to be competitive..
and weather affects times alot.. geez...
I had a better run yesterday even got same trap but because damn DA was twice as high as 2 weeks ago car was .1 slower..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #385
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
...So my last 2 passes where with my Vector motorsports tune on the car and i trapped 112.50 mph but had no luck hooking the car...
Quote:
...Bone-Stock on Stock Tires. This means completely stock with no performance changes whatsoever; must have stock tires, stock exhaust, stock airpath, stock “untuned” computer (ECU/PCM), etc...
I agree with SGOS252382 definition of Bone-Stock which will disqualify some people currently on the list. As I quoted above, some claim to be Bone Stock but are manipulating the ECM with Vector and Diablo tuners, then reloading the stock file during runs. IMO, once you changed the ECM, regardless of taking it back to the stock file, it is not Bone-Stock anymore.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #386
DrumDawg

Drives: BumbleBee, 67 Firebird,79 Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod4SS View Post
I agree with SGOS252382 definition of Bone-Stock which will disqualify some people currently on the list. As I quoted above, some claim to be Bone Stock but are manipulating the ECM with Vector and Diablo tuners, then reloading the stock file during runs. IMO, once you changed the ECM, regardless of taking it back to the stock file, it is not Bone-Stock anymore.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. We want to see the real bone stock cars times posted. People who do the other things can still be proud, but they need to be listed in the right class. Maybe by breaking down the stock class better, they will come forward and be properly classified.

To tell you how far out it sounds to pull a 12.5 in a stock camaro.... There were guys at Camaro5 Fest that couldn't pull a 12.5 with a tune and supercharger!

Also think about this.... We had about 150 cars run at the fest and a whole lot of them were stock manuals. The best that I heard of any of the bone stock one's doing was a 13.5 quarter mile. That's a whole second slower! About 1/12 of the track!

Are we suppose to believe that a manual stock car can be that much faster? It's funny how the majority of the manuals were running 13.8s and a great run was considered a 13.5 by a manual car that day. The guys that are posting the lowest times are some of the most active. Why did they all dodge the most important event of the year?

I will say that at least one person on here has said that he is going to back it up by showing up to Challenger Fest to show that his car is capable of pulling 12's. I think that's awesome!

At Challenger Fest, they are going to check everything on the cars that are claiming to be stock. I really, really want to see this so the whole matter can be put to rest. Believe it or not, I want the 12.5 quarter mile by a bone stock camaro to be true. That would mean that we are smoking the challengers! If it's not true and all those top times are bogus, then us automatics will be representing us running true 13.3s (fastest verifiable times at Camaro5 Fest).
3400 = Broadcast:09/14/2009
3800 = Produced:09/17/2009 2G1FK1EJ5A9147250
4000 = Available to ship 28Sept
4200 = Shipped-Rail-Detroit at 3AM on 5Oct, Departed for Miami, Ohio @ 3AM, arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio, 7 Oct 0749 arrived in Louisville Kentucky,at Kane Ave Tenn.@ 8:30PM,left for Wauhatchie, Tennesee 10Oct,Waycross GA10Oct,Jacksonville FL 11 Oct.
5000 = Delivered to the dealer 14Oct09
6000 = Delivered to the customer 17Oct09
DrumDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #387
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
That's exactly what I'm talking about. We want to see the real bone stock cars times posted. People who do the other things can still be proud, but they need to be listed in the right class. Maybe by breaking down the stock class better, they will come forward and be properly classified.

To tell you how far out it sounds to pull a 12.5 in a stock camaro.... There were guys at Camaro5 Fest that couldn't pull a 12.5 with a tune and supercharger!

Also think about this.... We had about 150 cars run at the fest and a whole lot of them were stock manuals. The best that I heard of any of the bone stock one's doing was a 13.5 quarter mile. That's a whole second slower! About 1/12 of the track!

Are we suppose to believe that a manual stock car can be that much faster? It's funny how the majority of the manuals were running 13.8s and a great run was considered a 13.5 by a manual car that day. The guys that are posting the lowest times are some of the most active. Why did they all dodge the most important event of the year?

I will say that at least one person on here has said that he is going to back it up by showing up to Challenger Fest to show that his car is capable of pulling 12's. I think that's awesome!

At Challenger Fest, they are going to check everything on the cars that are claiming to be stock. I really, really want to see this so the whole matter can be put to rest. Believe it or not, I want the 12.5 quarter mile by a bone stock camaro to be true. That would mean that we are smoking the challengers! If it's not true and all those top times are bogus, then us automatics will be representing us running true 13.3s (fastest verifiable times at Camaro5 Fest).
You really have to compare Temp/DA from when the guys were pulling the low numbers to Camaro Fest. Most guys running those mid 12's were doing it at sea-level conditions or below. I've driven my car in 100 degrees and 0. The car makes so much more power at zero degrees it's ridiculous.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

www.6l80tuning.com www.6l90tuning.com
Wacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #388
taliaferro.auto.body

Drives: 2010 ss/rs ls3 inferno w/white rs
i dont have a quartermile track near me. its a couple hours to the nearest but i just ran an 8.20@86.17 with a 1.90 60ft. proof is on the 1/8 mile thread. ticket is posted. car is 2ss/rs ls3. track is in ky. temp was 72 degress and had a small 10-15 mile headwind. looking at other timeslips on this site along with mph numbers i should be in the 12.58-12.68 range. car is absolutely bone stock. like if i drove it off the showroom and went straight to the track. thats stock as it gets. car has 2000 miles on it. I can see your point with other events not matching some of the threads with their times. weather means alot. i cant say this about my camaro being its only been down the track 3 times but with previous cars ive owned weather has varied my time by 1 to 3 tenths at the same track over a season of racing. Believe me...when i ran 8.20 at my local track 2 days ago i thought the haters were going to dismantle my damn car. it was hilarious. you just had to be there. put it to you this way.. it made alot of non believers of the new camaro ss rethink. i made sure after every pass the hood was popped immediately showing that it was stock. there were comments like how much nos, 4.10 gear. even though i barely even hit third gear. i loved it. even had my 3 year olds baby seat in the back. lmao.
taliaferro.auto.body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #389
nhra stocker

Drives: 69,10 camaro 71 chevelle
The Fast List will have five sub-lists, as submissions warrant:

.[/QUOTE]

The author of this thread needs to ask all of the top 30 drivers in the stock list if they were totally bone stock. If they weren't, they could still stay on the stock list. Then start a new "bone stock" Top 30. That would set things right. [/QUOTE]

If your refering to my passes with the K&N and R.P. that was when i ran 12.62 last fall which is no longer on the Fast list due to me changing it back to STOCK fluids , filter and stock tire pressure and bettering the record to 12.58!
1982 Siverado 4x4 454 Mud truck stock class 3.66 sec in 150' of mud
nhra stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #390
jbsrace1

Drives: 2010 2ss
Quote:
If your refering to my passes with the K&N and R.P. that was when i ran 12.62 last fall which is no longer on the Fast list due to me changing it back to STOCK fluids , filter and stock tire pressure and bettering the record to 12.58!
K&N ok thats iffy. But Fluid & tire psi should have no effect on if it is stock or not. If they do then after your first oil change you are no longer stock as it is not the fluid that came in it from the factory. Tire psi is adjustable from the factory.
jbsrace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #391
jbsrace1

Drives: 2010 2ss
Here is one for the bolt on's with stock tires list
L99, Cold air intake, resonator replaced with glass packs & trans tune.
Weather is on the slip.
Attached Images

jbsrace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #392
Reeko

Drives: 69 Camaro RS Conv. 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliaferro.auto.body View Post
i dont have a quartermile track near me. its a couple hours to the nearest but i just ran an 8.20@86.17 with a 1.90 60ft. proof is on the 1/8 mile thread. ticket is posted. car is 2ss/rs ls3. track is in ky. temp was 72 degress and had a small 10-15 mile headwind. looking at other timeslips on this site along with mph numbers i should be in the 12.58-12.68 range. car is absolutely bone stock. like if i drove it off the showroom and went straight to the track. thats stock as it gets. car has 2000 miles on it. I can see your point with other events not matching some of the threads with their times. weather means alot. i cant say this about my camaro being its only been down the track 3 times but with previous cars ive owned weather has varied my time by 1 to 3 tenths at the same track over a season of racing. Believe me...when i ran 8.20 at my local track 2 days ago i thought the haters were going to dismantle my damn car. it was hilarious. you just had to be there. put it to you this way.. it made alot of non believers of the new camaro ss rethink. i made sure after every pass the hood was popped immediately showing that it was stock. there were comments like how much nos, 4.10 gear. even though i barely even hit third gear. i loved it. even had my 3 year olds baby seat in the back. lmao.

Oh-Oh,
That baby seat qualifies you as modified.
JK.
Reeko is offline   Reply With Quote