Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I have gas...

Well, my Suburban has a full tank of gasoline, and I want to get it out.

I'll be selling this vehicle soon, as it has some major mechanical issues that I don't want to fix. However, it's got a full tank of gas, which is worth about $100 that I don't want to give away with the car.

I tried inserting a hose into the fuel fill nozzle.... apparently, there are anti- siphon devices built into the channel, as even five feet (which takes about 10 minutes of finagling) of hose doesn't reach liquid, before simply refusing to continue further.

I tried disconnecting at the fuel filter, and running the ignition… this only produced a few drops of gasoline. I could probably turn the car on and off all day long, jump starting the car every couple of hours, and get a half- pint of gasoline... or not.

I don't want to simply puncture the tank... the car still runs, and I want to demonstrate the ability of the engine to run... and even IF the car is purchased for parts alone, the tank might be one of the desired parts... I don't want to damage the tank.

If I were bulky enough, I'd pick the thing up, tilt it over, and just pour the gasoline into containers. However, I'm not that guy, and I don't even know anybody who can do that.

So... any ideas on how I can extract this precious nectar from my Suburban (2001, in case it's of any matter) without damaging the vehicle?
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Disconnect the fuel line where it feeds the injectors. Rig up something to catch the gas and turn the key to "on", not "start". The fuel pump will do the work for you.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #3
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I'll give it a shot... thx, ILJ!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #4
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
You would need to pull the fuel pump relay out of the under hood fuse box. On the bottom of the relay the terminal are labled 85, 86, 30 87. You need to jump position 30 to 87 with a jumper in the fuse box with key on. This will run the fuel pump.
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote