Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Weird L.A. Freeway experience (long)

Thursday I was eastbound out of L.A. to meet a couple of friends for dinner in Claremont, about 90 mles from the beach where I live. The wife was with me so we're in the carpool lane doing about 75, (speed limit 70, I think). Suddenly there's a cop car, siren and lights flashing and I think oh s--t. I pull over one lane and the cop rockets past me. Back to the car pool lane. The cop is clearing the way for so I up the speed to 80. Suddenly another cop car, same scenario. Then two more. I ask the wife to look for an alternate route on mapquest thinking there must be a hellacious accident ahead. While she's doing that, here comes 5 or 6 motorcycle cops, lights flashing. They didn't wait for to pull over, they did a lane split and went rocketing by. Shortly our exit came up and we had a nice dinner with the friends. I was still baffled however. Got up Friday morning and read in the local paper that the cops were looking for this Rambo ex cop you may have read about, at Big Bear Lake and the freeway I was on is the most direct route to Big Bear from L.A. I also then remembered that the cops who had passed me were from various agencies, not the California Highway Patrol that does freeway ticketing.
Hope they get the guy. He's is truly armed and dangerous.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Oops , didnt finish reading it.

Last edited by amz; 02-09-2013 at 02:11 PM.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz View Post
Their pizza was ready.
Fresh donuts.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
GlennP

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I think that everybody in CA should turn in their guns. It will make them so much safer from this guy!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
awfarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogey View Post
Thursday I was eastbound out of L.A. to meet a couple of friends for dinner in Claremont, about 90 mles from the beach where I live. The wife was with me so we're in the carpool lane doing about 75, (speed limit 70, I think). Suddenly there's a cop car, siren and lights flashing and I think oh s--t. I pull over one lane and the cop rockets past me. Back to the car pool lane. The cop is clearing the way for so I up the speed to 80. Suddenly another cop car, same scenario. Then two more. I ask the wife to look for an alternate route on mapquest thinking there must be a hellacious accident ahead. While she's doing that, here comes 5 or 6 motorcycle cops, lights flashing. They didn't wait for to pull over, they did a lane split and went rocketing by. Shortly our exit came up and we had a nice dinner with the friends. I was still baffled however. Got up Friday morning and read in the local paper that the cops were looking for this Rambo ex cop you may have read about, at Big Bear Lake and the freeway I was on is the most direct route to Big Bear from L.A. I also then remembered that the cops who had passed me were from various agencies, not the California Highway Patrol that does freeway ticketing.
Hope they get the guy. He's is truly armed and dangerous.
That's crazy.

Ever seen the movie 'Shooter' with Mark Wahlberg? If you read into the story its exactly like it minus the whole assassinating the president gig.

This guy got completely screwed by a "protect your own" system of police work. I encourage you to look it up. The only difference from most vigilantes is that this guy is a trained killer.

I am in no way condoning his actions killing those people and hope they catch him.
Prayers go out to the families of the fallen.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
Fresh donuts.
Its nice to see that people can make light of the men and women trying to catch this murderous coward. I'm sure if this killer was running around murdering in your area you wouldn't think it was too funny.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
Its nice to see that people can make light of the men and women trying to catch this murderous coward. I'm sure if this killer was running around murdering in your area you wouldn't think it was too funny.
This went on right through my area and it doesn't concern me a bit.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
awfarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
Nah probably not.

On the other hand my only other response could have been something like,"I sure hope they catch this guy" but I prefer humor.

Careful with that keyboard, your paper skin may tear.

(I'm joking of course )
Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
This case supports some Cali people carrying without permits

Not that I would. Just saying.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
After hearing what LAPD did to that pickup I'd be more scared of that gang than any crazy guy with a gun.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
A simile scene happen to me about 3 years ago. There was police, sherrif cars and motorcycles passing me at a fast pace. When I turn off onto steel st They was going that way also. There was law enforcement at the north end of Mchord airforce base. When I got to WA 7 they was going the same way as I was going. They went right on wa 507 which was toward Roy and the east gate of Fort Lewis. That night I watched the news to see if any thing major had happen. They found the head of a women at the east Gate entrance.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
samtheman32

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Damn, every time cops fly by me I feel the urge to go after them and see what's going on.
samtheman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Every time I see a cop fly by me it usually means they are the closest cop to whatever happened and I pick up the pace a little bit
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
Fresh donuts.
The cop doughnut pejorative is getting kind of stale. Humor not appropriate when thread is about a cop killer.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote