Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #15
Moe'

Drives: 10 Camaro 1SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
Hey, your signature photo is from near the Med Center right? I would look into Late Model Racecraft and 510 race engineering. There is also Hennessey if you are willing to go a bit more premium for a better know tuner.
yes, its Kroger's parking lot in old spanish!
some interior and exterior touches
Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #16
Moe'

Drives: 10 Camaro 1SS/RS 6M
thank you guys for the informations.
some interior and exterior touches
Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #17
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
go to LMR (Late Model Racecraft) and talk to Jay. He will take the time to answer any question you have and not rush you at all.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #18
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
LMR, Fastlane, Flaco's tuning and performance, KPH, The Tunning Lab, and LS Motorsports and as for ARD well just google or look them up on ls1tech pt.net hpt rgv list goes on and on just don't even bother thinking about going there speaking from a horrable expirence.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #19
2K11SS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 11 Camaro SS LSX & 12 Corvette GS
Location: When you get to the middle of nowhere keep going I live past that
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Could you describe how ARD is better?
Fact not internet BS - Last year at Camaro 5 fest, 4 out of the top 16 fastest cars in the unlimited class (not shop cars, cars owned by real people) were built and tuned by ARD. What shop built more?????????

Obviously there are other tuners who do a great job also, it's foolish to think otherwise, but the facts definitely support ARD's ability to tune and build fast cars.

And since so many people like to talk BS and hide behind some username. I am at many of the car meets in Houston and at most all of the big races in the area so feel free to come by and talk to a real person about their experience.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #20
randy2012ss

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K11SS View Post
Fact not internet BS - Last year at Camaro 5 fest, 4 out of the top 16 fastest cars in the unlimited class (not shop cars, cars owned by real people) were built and tuned by ARD. What shop built more?????????

Obviously there are other tuners who do a great job also, it's foolish to think otherwise, but the facts definitely support ARD's ability to tune and build fast cars.

And since so many people like to talk BS and hide behind some username. I am at many of the car meets in Houston and at most all of the big races in the area so feel free to come by and talk to a real person about their experience.
I had my tune done at ARD in 2010 when headers were installed, L99 car. Transmission was never right after tune and ended up my trans failed at 4k miles and could not be warrantied. Traded car in for truck then finally boughta 2012 ss to replace the other. 2K11ss, I will come talk to you when I see you out if you want, but a lot of people on this board don't have the money to blow off when things are not done correctly. I know your car was in the shop for a long time
Old 07-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #21
62nalide

No one is talking BS here nothing but FACTS just do a search you can see all the negative reviews and all the crazy reviews man all you have to do is do a google search or the forums I mentioned. 2k11SS I have spoken to Owen in person to help a family member out which ARDs BULLSHI* work.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #22
2K11SS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 11 Camaro SS LSX & 12 Corvette GS
Location: When you get to the middle of nowhere keep going I live past that
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy2012ss View Post
I had my tune done at ARD in 2010 when headers were installed, L99 car. Transmission was never right after tune and ended up my trans failed at 4k miles and could not be warrantied. Traded car in for truck then finally boughta 2012 ss to replace the other. 2K11ss, I will come talk to you when I see you out if you want, but a lot of people on this board don't have the money to blow off when things are not done correctly. I know your car was in the shop for a long time
In all seriousness I truly would like to talk to you if you had problems. Would have really liked to talked before you got rid of the car but I understand if you needed dependable transportation. Regarding problems, the few times that I know of cases where problems really existed (not internet BS) and the work was done by ARD, when we made Owen aware he fixed the problem at no charge (including fixing work done by other shops). In every instance that I know of he was not aware of the problem, as either the person never told him or unfortunately as he found out later, one of his employees never told him about it and just blew the person off. As far as my car being in the shop, it's there right now getting a bunch of suspension changes so I can run larger slicks. But that has nothing to do with the quality of ARD.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #23
62nalide

http://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-memb...-very-bad.html
Old 07-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
randy2012ss

I think this thread has gone sideways from helping Moe out with his problems. ARD is not a sponsor on this site and doesn't pay the 100 dollars a month to advertise here so on top of the various issues that people have had I think Tran should come in here and clean up the posts. I did bring the car back various times to have it re-tuned to no solution. The problem is that he has numerous comebacks that look bad and the other shops in this thread do not have disastrous comebacks over and over again. We could make a thread of different various problems.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #25
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
I can't speak for anyone else (or 7 year old threads), but I can speak on experience. I can also tell you that all shops have issues, and none of them are perfect.

I am personally very happy with my car. ARD built the engine, transmission, installed everything else and tuned it. I drove it to Arizona for C5Fest, raced it and drove it back. It makes 900 to the ground, run 9s in the quarter, and gets me around town wherever I go.

To the OP...there are obviously many choices in Houston for getting your car tuned, and plenty of good tuners around.

Good luck with your decision. You might consider making sure whoever you choose offers a lifetime tune (many do). That way you can update it as you install mods.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy2012ss View Post
I think this thread has gone sideways from helping Moe out with his problems. ARD is not a sponsor on this site and doesn't pay the 100 dollars a month to advertise here so on top of the various issues that people have had I think Tran should come in here and clean up the posts. I did bring the car back various times to have it re-tuned to no solution. The problem is that he has numerous comebacks that look bad and the other shops in this thread do not have disastrous comebacks over and over again. We could make a thread of different various problems.
I guess opinions can go either way on this one... If it was a post by ARD saying come here I would understand. But someone asked a question, another person responded. Maybe it does go against forum rules, but thats up to Tran or a moderator. Witu that being said it is in the wrong area.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
62nalide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I can't speak for anyone else (or 7 year old threads), but I can speak on experience. I can also tell you that all shops have issues, and none of them are perfect.

I am personally very happy with my car. ARD built the engine, transmission, installed everything else and tuned it. I drove it to Arizona for C5Fest, raced it and drove it back. It makes 900 to the ground, run 9s in the quarter, and gets me around town wherever I go.

To the OP...there are obviously many choices in Houston for getting your car tuned, and plenty of good tuners around.

Good luck with your decision. You might consider making sure whoever you choose offers a lifetime tune (many do). That way you can update it as you install mods.

Thats one of a dozen bad reviews, my experience was the worst with ARD it was problems after problems and way to many mistakes on Owens side he was the worst person to deal with just stating my experience with the shop I do not recommend him at all. Only takes one bad job to see they don't take care of things the first time.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
randy2012ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post

I'm sorry Russ, I call BS on the runs 9's and makes 900 to the ground. I have been to many Camaro events that your car tried to run at and never saw any sort of thing. I even pm'd you about said times and power and coming from someone who makes videos for everything , you had no videos to back up your 9's or 900 to the ground. Your opinion is irrelevant because you are full of crap anyway. Produce a little evidence for your 9's and 900 rwhp or STFU. Especially since I spent 2 hours going through videos on youtube to find your fastest pass 10.64 never saw a good power number over 7xx through the multitude of vids you have posted. I even found a video of you showing how to shift a 4l80...lol
Closed Thread