Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
Is your dealer going to install the stripes for you? According to the Press release, there are no stripe packages available on the 1LE. That is one of the color combinations I was thinking about ordering. Either CRT/Mojave or White/Mojave. BTW, it looks like Mojave will be a "Premium" interior color, so count on it costing at least $500 extra.
They will. They have a guy who does custom stripes and I'll for sure modify the design of the hockey stripes. Also, I don't see why you cannot just order the stripes and put them since the 1LE is just a package like the RS package.

Yea I think the CRT/Mojave setup would look classy and sporty. I'm okay with it being a premium and fully expected that.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #16
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
it's more than trim and spoilers...ZL1 fuel pump, upgraded manual tranny, different forged wheels, different tires, 3.91 gears, stiffer diff bushings, upgraded sways, different dampers, different exhaust...this thing is capable as is and ready for further mods without having to upgrade the suspension fuel and drivetrain like I had to do on the SS. If it sell for 40K it will be a steal!!
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
it's more than trim and spoilers...ZL1 fuel pump, upgraded manual tranny, different forged wheels, different tires, 3.91 gears, stiffer diff bushings, upgraded sways, different dampers, different exhaust...this thing is capable as is and ready for further mods without having to upgrade the suspension fuel and drivetrain like I had to do on the SS. If it sell for 40K it will be a steal!!

The 1LE will not have a different exhaust. The dual mode exhaust is an option, just like any SS with a manual transmission. A very well optioned 1LE could have a sticker price that will be close to $50,000.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
They will. They have a guy who does custom stripes and I'll for sure modify the design of the hockey stripes. Also, I don't see why you cannot just order the stripes and put them since the 1LE is just a package like the RS package.

Yea I think the CRT/Mojave setup would look classy and sporty. I'm okay with it being a premium and fully expected that.

Oh c'mon! You're not comparing headlights and painted roof ditch moldings to everything the 1LE offers, are you?!?

I think it's good that they don't offer any stripes. You can buy stripes and have them installed for less than you would pay thru Chevy.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
There will be no gouging. It is the same as checking the option for a sunroof or black rally stripes. It's production is limited to however many people choose the option.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
I know that, lol. I was just saying it's similiar idea/concept as the RS package as in it's an add-on for the car, but not required. It's a performance package and the RS is an appearence package. I cannot wait to start seeing them and to get my hands on one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
Oh c'mon! You're not comparing headlights and painted roof ditch moldings to everything the 1LE offers, are you?!?

I think it's good that they don't offer any stripes. You can buy stripes and have them installed for less than you would pay thru Chevy.
Haha, no of course not.

It's nice the 1LE is basically a performance package template ready for bolt ons and mods. The guy I was talking about in my previous post doesn't work for the dealership. He is a guy that stops by once a week and does stuff for them. He gives a huge discount and does a great job! I've seen his work.

I will want matte black side stripes of some kind on mine.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
From what I hear the suspension will benefit from a few tweaks, but still better than a stock SS.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
strokerls1

Drives: 2015 Charger Hellcat
So the 1LE package can be ordered on a 1ss with or without the RS package? Im interested in a stripped down 1ss with strickly the 1LE package...my dealer agreed to sell me any '13 for $600 under invoice...we need prices!
strokerls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #23
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
1ss with no dual mode exhaust or hid's will be under 40k. A 2ss/rs/1le with active exhaust will be pushing high $40's

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #24
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Will the dual mode exhaust (and rear valance) be an easy bolt-on for existing 2SS models (say, a '10)? Would be very interested if so!

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote