Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Arrow SAW MY FIRST EVER CAMARO (CGM)- I'M DISSAPOINTED!!!

I know you guys are going to hate me, I don’t want a flame war but I saw my first SS Camaro at the dealer where I bought mine from. My car was supposed to be the first Camaro in town but because all the things that happen in A51 (who knows) mine is coming this Friday/next Monday, so I am told.

The car is GORGEOUS!!! So why am I disappointed. I say this and take it with a pinch of salt, with all the commotion and hoo-hah about CGM, when I saw it I was like ................bla!!!

It didnt really do anything for me, it looks too flat at times and gives me the feeling that I have to put the final coat on. Also, the colour leaps truck/suv to me not a muscle car. PLEASE this is just my opinion.

Seeing CGM today, I am so glad I didn’t order it. CGM just hides the shape and contours of the car when you see it. it doesn’t give it that IN YOUR FACE look of a pony eating challenger crushing muscle car! Its almost a "shy" colour. It feels like something is missing. Also the car seems a bit squished nose to back, again IMHO.

I took pics and its a brand new phone so I gotta install the sync software but as soon as I do I will post the pics.

For all the people that bitched about the interior, although the Camaro was roped off I could see that the interior looked luxurious and just right!

Forgive me but I dont mean to upset any CGM owners, its just I expected more from this colour. Its a great colour but it definitely didnt live up to the hype. I guess each to their own.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
i dont disagree its just not a color that Pops. Nice clean color, you can probably figure that mostly older Gents will be buying this
Old 06-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Well, since it is YOUR opinion, your thread title sucks. It might be better to say why you like the color YOU chose and then why you don't like the CGM in the body. It's just a turn off when people read the negative thread titles.

We respect your opinion, but it is just that. Sorry to slam.

BTW, that is a really nice Magnum you have...
Old 06-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
[QUOTE=speedster;545284]Well, since it is YOUR opinion, your thread title sucks. It might be better to say why you like the color YOU chose and then why you don't like the CGM in the body. It's just a turn off when people read the negative thread titles.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
I'm 27 and bought CGM. I don't really consider myself an older gent.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
I think the guy has the right to say he doesn't like CGM..
i personally feel the same way. It would be the last color i'd choose as well.
it is not something i'd pick. I also hear a lot of people say they would not pick yellow, and u know what< I picked yellow because it is such a standout color.
I guess it's just a matter of personal choice and we all have a favorite.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
... with all the commotion and hoo-hah about CGM....
What? CGM gets you hoo-hah?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Well, since it is YOUR opinion, your thread title sucks. It might be better to say why you like the color YOU chose and then why you don't like the CGM in the body. It's just a turn off when people read the negative thread titles.

We respect your opinion, but it is just that. Sorry to slam.

BTW, that is a really nice Magnum you have...
No offense taken, I was just giving my opinion on the first Camaro 2010 that I ever seen and it happened to be CGM. Again in my opinion I was just saying that I was a bit dissapointed thats all.

And thank you for the compliment on my Magnum!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
321LATER
321LATER

Drives: 2019 White ZL1 (On Order)
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I would like to take this opportunity to share with you my opinion of your opinion and that it lacks taste.

Sure CGM is not for everyone just like Black or the other colors but you don't see everyone posting why they hate a color I would suggest that you rather focus on why you made your choice and leave everyone else to their choices.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
321LATER
321LATER

Drives: 2019 White ZL1 (On Order)
Furthermore I saw my car for the first time today and I fell in love with it and the color. Yes it is CGM and it does show the shape really well.

No move on to something more constructive.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
Oh yeah?! I think Silver is for Sissies!! Just kidding- I respect people not liking it, to each his own. Lets just not disrespect the people that ordered CGM (like saying it is a color for older gents).
Old 06-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
CGM for the win!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
Chief00

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM
That's why they make more than one color! To each his own.

Ordered - 2LT/RS CGM
Old 06-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
It seems to me there is a reason they offer 10 different colors.........................hmmmmm............. what was it now......................gosh it's tough getting old.........................oh yeah, choice.

A long way from Henry Ford and "any color you want as long as it's black". Keep in mind that all of the metalics tend to look flat inside or on a cloudy day. The advantage is that in the light...........POW, they look awesome. In the dark, IOM can be confused with VR. In the sunlight it isn't close.

So it's tough to judge color in a showroom or a dark day. And just keep in mind, the classics, Red, Black, White (soon) are also available.

And I agree, your thread title isn't really descriptive of your post. I think you are just saying y ou didn't like CGM. The title makes me think you didn't like the Camaro.

Closed Thread