Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #29
smoothoperator

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to smoothoperator
What else is there to say but.... ****ing women I swear I know exactly how you feel.... I know how bad your hurting right now but trust me you will feel a lot better in a few months go spend time with all your friends that's all you need right now
3100 -
3300 -
3400 -
3800 -
4200 -
5000/6000 -
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #30
xxalexmxx8926
That Drummer Boy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS (Red Hot)
Send a message via AIM to xxalexmxx8926
I would tell her about your decision to give up your other love (camaro) for her, so that she feels like sh!t

But that's just me... Hope you can get through this man.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #31
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Your a very admirable young man!! a rarity in today's world unfortunately.
I can't say telling her what you did for her would do anyone any good, but perhaps her mother will feel for you and decide to tell her daughter afterall, because if you tell her, you throw the reason you did it out the window, and it becomes a selfish reason, you only did it because you wanted her to like you more. That does not sound like why you did it, therefore telling her what you did serves no purpose. Others may think well she will have to live with it etc... but why? you obviously did not want her to suffer in any way so why now? because she hurt you?. Anyway that's MHO.

I feel your pain, I am 32 and have had some pretty bad headache in my life, but I look back, and I see how my faith in God, and the support of my family and friends have brought me through it all. I am a better person for it. The first one is always the hardest... so you think, until it happens again, and usually it's worse... why? because of what you learned from the first time, you have a better understanding of love, which allows you to love even deeper the next time. The more you open yourself up the more you can be hurt, the trick is to muscle through the hurt, but hopefully find one that will no longer hurt you, and that my friend will have made all the pain and heartache that came before all but disappear (you will never forget, but always forgive).If not, then always be happy in yourself, and be grateful for what you have and not focus on what you don't. At times I feel like I have wasted so much time in my life on lost relationships, and since the last one (which is a whole other story) I have decided it won't do me any good to hang on to regrets, but to do everything possible now, to not add to those regrets.

You sound as if you have a good head on your shoulders! Keep it that way!
Too, I truly believe nice guys may finish last... but good things come to those who wait... I know it's a cliche but it's true...

With regards to your car. You need to establish some credit, get a checking and savings account, which I am sure you have. Get a credit card, don't max it out, just buy gas on it, and pay it all but off at the end of the month (there are different ideas about whether you should pay it off monthly or not... but I wont go there) so save some money and build your credit enough to get a small loan on your Camaro to add to your savings (as a down) a car loan is a great way to build stronger credit, once you get the small loan paid off, your credit should be solid enough to get yourself a house when you graduate and have a nice job to pay for it. Just don't do what I did and get 18 cards with limits between 5-12k... max them out... blah blah long long story... I did the first part and had a score in the mid to high 700's before they changed the max score. I had that at 25... I was always told that was high for my age, which was a testament to how I handled my credit, but then I was like oh I have great credit let me charge this then this and that... anyway I digress. Just don't do that. LOL

Chin up and rock on!! enjoy college!!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #32
camaro noob

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic
You are all amazing people

Thank you all for your support and kindness. It really means a lot to me. I haven't posted too many times on this site and still everyone is so helpful. All the songs and advice are greately appriciated. Thanks everyone.

I will not tell her of what I did. I always wanted her to be happy no matter what. Even if I couldn't provide that happiness for her. If she feels this is what will make her happy, then I will let her follow her desicion. I just pray that she will someday come back like everyone says she will try to. Maybe she'll go to counciling with me, fix whatever problem drove her to do that, mature a bit, and...yeah. Like I said, I still love her. Or at least what we used to have. I'm a forgiving kinda guy, I would give her another chance. But if she did try to come back, I would want it to be because she actually WANTS to be with me. Not cuz she feels like she owes me or something. So I may never tell her.

I have always felt strongly towards the idea of NEVER getting the first year model of a new car, but the Camaro has a certain appeal to it right now that is extremely rare. That's a big reason I wanted the 2010 model. But I agree it is best to wait. Good things come to those who wait I guess, and in this case "good things" would include HUD, park assist, better deals and prices, the ability to buy my dream car up front and not have to make payments for five years, and better insurance, among other things. I guess there is a silver lining yet.

Again, thank you all for your support. You all rock.
camaro noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #33
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Go get a lawyer and find out if you can sue.

Edit: I guess you have a more forgiving heart than I do.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #34
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Go get a lawyer and find out if you can sue.

Edit: I guess you have a more forgiving heart than I do.

After reading his post then reading this I was like WOW, talk about shattering the mood.
I will add this too, it's sad (nothing against you CamaroFan) how sue happy this world has become, no one can take responsibility or accept the consequences of their own actions or understand that things happen, and even if it's someones fault there are better ways to resolve the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro noob View Post
Thank you all for your support and kindness. It really means a lot to me. I haven't posted too many times on this site and still everyone is so helpful. All the songs and advice are greately appriciated. Thanks everyone.

I will not tell her of what I did. I always wanted her to be happy no matter what. Even if I couldn't provide that happiness for her. If she feels this is what will make her happy, then I will let her follow her desicion. I just pray that she will someday come back like everyone says she will try to. Maybe she'll go to counciling with me, fix whatever problem drove her to do that, mature a bit, and...yeah. Like I said, I still love her. Or at least what we used to have. I'm a forgiving kinda guy, I would give her another chance. But if she did try to come back, I would want it to be because she actually WANTS to be with me. Not cuz she feels like she owes me or something. So I may never tell her.

I have always felt strongly towards the idea of NEVER getting the first year model of a new car, but the Camaro has a certain appeal to it right now that is extremely rare. That's a big reason I wanted the 2010 model. But I agree it is best to wait. Good things come to those who wait I guess, and in this case "good things" would include HUD, park assist, better deals and prices, the ability to buy my dream car up front and not have to make payments for five years, and better insurance, among other things. I guess there is a silver lining yet.

:sign0015 :
Old 07-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #35
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
You are evidently a person of character, thoughtfulness, intelligence (you clearly did a good job of expressing yourself and putting it to "paper"), and drive. That sure sounds like a winning combination to me. Stay focused on your dreams and your plans, continue to work hard, and the rest will come your way.

Thanks for sharing your story and the advice above about building your credit and your accounts is a good start. Be patient and before you know it you'll be posting up here about your Camaro.
DaddySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #36
PreacherMan
Banned

Drives: 1978 F-150 4x4,2010 1SS soon
What you did was very commendable. When your older and you can look back and say what I did was right, you will still feel good about it. Just look forward to saving up the money and buying that 2SS now instead of the LT. Just look at as an opprtunity to get what you want, and not have all the order wait times everyone here is dealing with. Hope life works out for you, and you will be in our prayers.
Semper Fi
Mr. and Mrs. Duncan
PreacherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #37
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
What you did for her showed your compassion and love for her, sadly she showed you her true feelings and what kind of person she is. It's hard but move on buddy....LOTS of fish in the sea! Camaro will be on the horizon too before you know it!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #38
FriedCherry

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IO Camaro
post her email address and phone number so we can tell her what we think of her
FriedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #39
Grimmjow
6th Espada

Drives: 05 Mustang (Screaming Yellow)
Sorry to hear what happened man. Trust me though, it's for the best. You may not see it now, but she doesn't deserve you. Been there myself with a girl, well not with the whole tumor thing, but I dated a girl who was 7 weeks pregnant. I knew from the get go it would be an adjustment and I would have to take on some responsibilities, but I went for it. Nearly 2 years go by with this girl and her beautiful daughter then all of a sudden she wants a "break" and wants "time". Oh btw, that means you're totally screwed LOL. In a nutshell her time turned into her going out and party'n and hook'n up with soldiers. No offense soldiers. So I was basically out a girl and a little daughter I considered my own. Unfortunately she wanted a super clean break and felt I shouldn't be near her daughter because she didn't want to confuse the little one. -shrug- Literally a year later and I survived the ordeal. Time heals all wounds and time will pass. You'll get better. So save up for your Camaro again and just wait until you get into college. Beam a smile at any pretty little thing that walks your way. Then THEY will be the ones enjoying you and your camaro.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #40
Capstone

Drives: .
Quote:
Last fall she was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain. My world fell apart. The surgery was expensive, and her mom couldn't keep up. So I talked with her mom and gave my ENTIRE Camaro savings account to help her pay for the surgery. It really wasn't even a choice, it was just instinct. No regrets. She never knew I did that, and I think her mom respected my wishes and never spoke of it to her. I didn't want her to feel bad about anything. I didn't want her to ever feel like she owed me anything.

With God's blessing, she fully recovered. ....

I'm just a 21 year old kid looking for something to be proud of in life, .

I think instead of wanting to be proud of the car you drive, you should simply be proud of having the character at 21 yrs to understand and follow through on what's really important in life, as it's happening knowing, that people will remember 50 years from now how you gave up the Camaro of your dreams and probably helped save a life, and that, good or bad in the end, was still way more imporant than a owning hunk of steel, plastic and rubber... God's Blessing, Kismit, Karma, whatever... has a way of making up for these perceived set backs.

Just some 20/20 hindsight shared in a helpful way by a 42yr old who's had his share of "failures" to know there is a "Plan"
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #41
Analogy

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Quote:

Be thankful you found out now before you got super deep in the relationship. My ex-wife was similar to your ex-girlfriend, but she didn't have tumor. We ended up together for 4 years, got married at the 3 year mark, and found out she was pregnant around the same time. After she had the kid I found out she was not only cheating/abusing drugs, but abusing my son. So now I am a divorced single father at the age of 24 lol. Trust me it could be worse bro

I would like to give you some advise as far as the cheating aspect. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Do not give any second chances, history will repeat itself, and you will just regret it in the future.

Ordered 1SS/RS 3-2-09 1100
2000 4-24-09
2500 4-29-09
3000 4-30-09
3300 5-22-09
Analogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #42
Outlaw

Drives: 2SS M6, IBM w/ Silver Rally
Man that's horrible. I know what it's like to have to postpone your dream car. I've done that about a dozen times for about 10 years but now I finally have one on the way.

You are still young so...go to college, juggle about a hundred girls at the same time, have a blast, get a degree, save money as you go, start in your career, then buy the baddest car of all time. Pretty simple. And the others saying not to tarnish a good deed are right. I don't think you should say anything.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote