Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
GlennP

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Help! Why are my bushings behaving like this?

So, I go to do my annual greasing of my trailing arms and toe rods from PFADT. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong (Kind of hard to imagine), somethings wrong with the bushings or install, or if I'm just over thinking.

Anyways, my normal way of greasing anything is pump the grease 'till fresh grease oozes out. Wipe the oozed grease away and call it a day. How could that be done wrong, right? lol.

I go to pump up this one bushing and I get some ooze but at the same time, the rubber flange is pressing out. So I pump more thinking maybe it will "pop", release grease and sit back down. Just keeps coming out and out with no grease releasing! For fear of blowing something up I stop. Then It bothered me that half the flange is now sticking out and cockeyed so I loosen the bolt and retorque it down which took the tension off the rubber and allowed it to go back to place.

I go to another bushing and the same thing starts happening. This time once I saw the rubber moving I just stopped pumping the grease in and left it alone.

So basically;
Is this normal?
If not, should I be concerned and do anything about it?
Is greasing until the flange starts squeezing out sufficient?
Am I stupid or something? I feel like this is such a silly thing.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Bump. I'd like to know too because I'm considering buying these!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Its pushing it out because of hydralic force...the grease has no where to vent other than to force the bushing out of the way. I would loosen the bolts each time you grease the bushing. Also, with the bushing being sealed that well you probably dont have to grease very often, grease can't escape and dirt cant get in.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
Its pushing it out because of hydralic force...the grease has no where to vent other than to force the bushing out of the way. I would loosen the bolts each time you grease the bushing. Also, with the bushing being sealed that well you probably dont have to grease very often, grease can't escape and dirt cant get in.
+1

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote