Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-29-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Spring Cleaning 2018

Michelle is away for the weekend and left her 2012 Ashen Grey Metallic 1LT here at the house. Figured it was as good a time as any to get her ready for fair weather driving.
Stock wheels with winter tires

Up on my Ranger Quick Jack

While it was up I changed the oil (Mobil 1, 5W-30) and filter as well as the cabin filter.

Cleaned the engine and engine bay. Hose, .5 liter IK Foaming Sprayer filled with Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner and brushes of every shape and size I could find. Blew dry with my Master Blaster Revolution, then let her run for five minutes or so with the hood shut to thoroughly dry everything.

Not too bad looking for 100,000 miles

I cleaned the inner fenders and wheel wells. Foamed everything with my .5 liter IK Foaming Sprayer filled with Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner, scrubbed, dried with my Master Blaster Revolution and Sprayed with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray Dressing.

Summer Tire & Wheel set up on, and back down on the ground

Bath time
Broke out the pressure washer and foamed her down, followed up with a two bucket wash using Adam's Strip Wash. Next I sprayed the vehicle with Adam's new Iron Remover to dissolve metal particulates embedded in the clear and rinsed. Followed this up with a thorough claying using Adam's Clay Mitt and Detail Spray as the mitts lubricant.
I dried the car with my Master Blaster Revolution and wiped the door jambs and in, around the trunk lid.
Called it a day.

It rained overnight and pollen and flower petals were stuck all over the wet paint. I wiped her down with Adam's Waterless Wash using several of his Waterless Wash Towels and I pulled her into the garage. I went over the car with my Rupes 12mm Mini using a blue microfiber pad and Adam's Heavy Correcting Compound to address areas that the winter wasn't all that kind to. Once I was satisfied with the paint I applied a coat of Adam's new Ceramic Paste Wax over top of his Ceramic Coating I'd applied spring of last year. The Ceramic Paste Wax is to be applied over Ceramic Coating for added longevity of the coating and to add a bit more gloss and depth to the shine. The wheels were wiped down with Adam's Matte Detailer, and his Glass Sealant and Glass Boost were put on the windshield's exterior to help shed water in the rain.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #3
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
How ya like your Quick Jack ?
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:04 AM   #4
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Awesome for Tire Rotation, Wheel Swaps, Brake Work, Suspension Work, and Polishing below the vehicle's Belt Line. Oil Changes are quicker done just pulling up on my Race Ramps. Work under the car can be a bit difficult at times since I can't slide in and out from the sides, only the front and rear. Exhaust work, I tend to put the car up on Jack Stands.