Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
roccky08

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White/Beige Interior
What does a 2010 Camaro attract?

I've been cruising with my friends in my Camaro and they pointed out to me that this car is not a "Chicks" magnet, it is a Guy's magnet and living in Atlanta doesn't help :(.

I finally gave in and admitted it . They are right! Why are woman not as fond of cars as we are? Specially the younger ones, Why don't they appreciate the looks, the power, its heritage, or the presence as much as we do?

Not that I go out there to pick up girls in my car, shoot I mostly drive my daily and could care less. This is just an observation.

Does it depend where you live? as in the city or suburbs? in the north or in the south?
- Pfadt End-links - Installed
- Pfadt Strut Tower Brace - Pending
- BMR Trailing Arm - Installed
- BMR Toe Rod - Installed
Thank you Vengeance Racing for install and recommendation
Thank you Borla for the ATAK Exhaust
roccky08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
I've only driven a rental in my town and when I had that I got more comments from females than I did males.

Got me man .

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Most women don't follow car trends. Unless their friend has a certain car, they probably won't even know what it is. Same can be said for a lot of men. However there is a larger majority of women that could give a crap about cars. They'll notice you have a nice car after they meet you or see who is driving though. Well that's what I've noticed.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Some gal at the gym today asked for a ride and dropped her digits on me. I didn't say a word to her. Oh to be single again....... LAME
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Amn_Bly

Drives: IBM 2LT A6
Send a message via Skype™ to Amn_Bly
The 5th gen camaro is a bada$$ car! The reason i noticed both males and females like the car is the same reason everyone of i do, it is a very unique car right now. When i drive around i have more guys do the double take, but i had more girls come up and ask me about it. Sorry to hear that more guys are willing to talk to you about it.
Amn_Bly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
For the most part(there are exceptions) I don't think women are really interested in the power or heritage. It could quite possibly be because they don't know much about the car(re: "the younger ones" as you said). Speaking of the looks, as with anyone it's personal preference. I'll put money down that if you ask them about a corvette, you'll get a different response.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
2010 US Army 2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
All i can say is i agree with the statement that comments come from both males and females...but i have personally gotten 2 phone numbers from random girls that pull up next to me. i think it does have to do with the area in which you live in and what you have done to your car to make it stand out.
2010 US Army 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
Haven't had that "phone number" yet thing happen to me. I would certainly take it if received though. LOL

I wonder what I have to do to my car to get noticed by hot women? We have many of them (hot women), but they seemingly haven't hit me to stop and chat.

And yes, my girlfriend LOVES my car!

#7741 - RY 2SS w/black rally stripes - picked up on 5/28/2009
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
dmiller66
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccky08 View Post
I've been cruising with my friends in my Camaro and they pointed out to me that this car is not a "Chicks" magnet, it is a Guy's magnet and living in Atlanta doesn't help :(.

I finally gave in and admitted it . They are right! Why are woman not as fond of cars as we are? Specially the younger ones, Why don't they appreciate the looks, the power, its heritage, or the presence as much as we do?

Not that I go out there to pick up girls in my car, shoot I mostly drive my daily and could care less. This is just an observation.

Does it depend where you live? as in the city or suburbs? in the north or in the south?

OMG you live in Atlanta? Suuuuuuuuuxxxx. Move down here to S. FL where there are smokin' hot babes almost everywhere. And the best part.....a lot of them don't speak English.
dmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
I know EXACTLY what you mean..... I have only gotten 1 or 2 comments from women. But i get stopped all the time by guys wanting to talk about the car. Since im a car guy, and have em on the brain 24/7 i dont really mind..... but yea.... its not exactly a "chick magnet"...... more so a magnet for little kids and middle-aged men ...... D'OH!!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
American Muscle

Drives: #26 Tom Henry Racing 2010 1SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller66 View Post
OMG you live in Atlanta? Suuuuuuuuuxxxx. Move down here to S. FL where there are smokin' hot babes almost everywhere. And the best part.....a lot of them don't speak English.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #12
2010 US Army 2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
one way to get the heads turning is to get the electronic exhaust cutout made by QTP or DMH

once i had mine installed girls were always looking and commenting because of the sound.
2010 US Army 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
respawn

Drives: 2010 Syn Green LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccky08 View Post

Yea, it's definitely a guy appreciation thing I think. My 10 year old daughter will point to a mustang and say "look, Dad, a Camaro". And I have to slap my forehead and say "no sweetie, that isn't a Camaro". She had the audacity to call my car a Mustang the next time we rode in it (she was doing it to annoy me).

But a little story of my own... I frequent this taco bell on my way home from work. There is this guy who works there (very cool guy in his early 20s) and the first time he saw my car he was outside just about all over it. He said I could have sex with his girlfriend whenever I wanted. All I could do was laugh.
respawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #14
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Coming out of the gym the other day an attractive young lady asked if we could see how well the hood holds 2 people...... why couldn't I have this car 5 years ago when I could have obliged her haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by respawn View Post
Yea, it's definitely a guy appreciation thing I think. My 10 year old daughter will point to a mustang and say "look, Dad, a Camaro". And I have to slap my forehead and say "no sweetie, that isn't a Camaro". She had the audacity to call my car a Mustang the next time we rode in it (she was doing it to annoy me).
I got gas at shell yesterday and I went in to pay and I say "gas on pump 2 please"... he says "oh the mustang".... I almost slapped him