Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #15
ghazzi1397
Hail to the GENERAL

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro8810 View Post
Just sent Phil an email about a consult & quote request. Hoping to talk to him today so I will keep you guys posted.
My only problem with Phil was the price, i mean for $1450 I can get the whole bumper and maybe other parts repainted in the future!
(3800) Order produced [06/18/2010]
Available to ship from Osh [06/17/2010]
In-Transit from Osh [06/29/2010]
Available to ship from rail yard [07/08/2010]
Delivered [07/12/10]
ghazzi1397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #16
intense1

Drives: 2011 2SS m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazzi1397 View Post
My only problem with Phil was the price, i mean for $1450 I can get the whole bumper and maybe other parts repainted in the future!
Generally it's not the shop that does the work it's an outside person they call. So it's there cost on top of the installers. I didn't look into it that much, but your best bet is to call around, tint shops, high end detailers, even your chevy dealer, chances are they use the same guys. Also there was a post in this category of someone who just had it done, but they used a different brand than 3m, you could look at the different brands website, and find a retailer. Ghazzi definitely try to see some of there work if possible, I had a car tinted at place cause there were the cheapest, and let's just say it really shown. I agree 1450 is a lot get some more prices and compare.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
Camaro8810

Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
Those of you in the Southern NJ Philadelphia area..Have any of you heard of or done business with clearchoicedetailing.com ?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #18
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazzi1397 View Post
This is the reason I don't ever do clear bras, b/c the quality of the installation I would want would be close to or more than what it would cost to reshoot the front end. I would only trust an installer like Phil (who will charge accordingly) to do a film install on my vehicles. Too many times clear bra installs look horrible IMO.

If you want a clear bra, Phil will do it right and do it with the best possible materials and process... again... pay for what you get.

Examples:
http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...clear-film.htm

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...nstall-bmw.htm
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #19
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
This is the reason I don't ever do clear bras, b/c the quality of the installation I would want would be close to or more than what it would cost to reshoot the front end. I would only trust an installer like Phil (who will charge accordingly) to do a film install on my vehicles. Too many times clear bra installs look horrible IMO.

If you want a clear bra, Phil will do it right and do it with the best possible materials and process... again... pay for what you get.

Examples:
http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...clear-film.htm

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...nstall-bmw.htm
Hey Dylan,

Would you recommend them to do a full exterior detail? Ive been looking for someone to remove the dealer prep swirls and all. Dont have time to do it myself..

In short of you coming to NJ and doing my ride :P
Old 07-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #20
Camaro8810

Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
Sent Phil a message and he got back to me with a quote of $1000 for the Front Fascia and side mirrors. Would be a hike of a drive for me to his shop from South Jersey but I have yet to find a reputable installer here in the Phila / Southern NJ area
Old 07-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #21
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
Hey Dylan,

Would you recommend them to do a full exterior detail? Ive been looking for someone to remove the dealer prep swirls and all. Dont have time to do it myself..

In short of you coming to NJ and doing my ride :P
ABSOLUTELY!! Call Phil and let him know I sent you... he is a TOP NOTCH detailer and one of the few guys I'd trust to do my personal vehicles if I wasn't doing them myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro8810 View Post
Sent Phil a message and he got back to me with a quote of $1000 for the Front Fascia and side mirrors. Would be a hike of a drive for me to his shop from South Jersey but I have yet to find a reputable installer here in the Phila / Southern NJ area
Always a good chance to stock up on detail supplies... they have a very BIG selection of goods there... including Adam's.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bra, clear, installer