Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #2143
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
They need to have a 30-second ad without voice-overs that simply shows the 1LE family lapping a track and ZL1s flying down backroads, and shows the Camaro logo at the end. Have a secondary ad with ZL1s at the drag strip and convertibles winding down mountain roads(with good exhaust notes). Let the cars do the talking. Heck, throw a Hellcat beside the ZL1 at the strip and GT350R on the track, both falling behind the Camaro.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #2144
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
It's a good thing the internet wasn't around when the 3rd generation first came out , i seen grown men cry back then . I do agree with you 100%, and Chevy won't allow the internet crowd refresh haters to run there corporation either.
I cried more when the 4thgen came out. Even though it performed better it was ugly. Im not of fan of this 2019 refresh ,but I would still take it anyday over the fourth. Thank god they were still making Trans Ams in those days.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:34 PM   #2145
cskipgo

Drives: 2019 2SS A10 Shadow Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I cried more when the 4thgen came out. Even though it performed better it was ugly. Im not of fan of this 2019 refresh ,but I would still take it anyday over the fourth. Thank god they were still making Trans Ams in those days.
I was not a fan of the 4thGen either. I had a 3rdGen and was very happy with it. Being a refresh this isn't as much of a change, but it sure has received a lot of attention.
cskipgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:06 PM   #2146
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
The other problem I see is that while Chevy did basically nothing remarkable or commendable to the Camaro for 2019 (sans adding the A10), they degraded<bksp><bksp><bksp> switched to a polarizing new look and the Mustang got better in every way.

Granted, I haven't driven the 18 GT yet, but did see a few recently, and they look somewhat better, the interior is nice, Ford upgraded the engine (port injection! no more valve coking!), and reviews are also mostly positive. If I had to choose a new car today, I would seriously consider the Mustang, which is a pretty bad state of affairs for a Chevy guy. IMO my 2SS is still superior, but the margin is now razor thin. True, I could've gotten the 1LE, but still. Hope the 7th gen will be as amazing as the original 6th gen was/is.

This is not to say I'm not amazed by and absolutely satisfied with my car, because I am , it's just my 2 cents'.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #2147
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Everyone keep in mind, Chevrolet does not advertise the Corvette either.

The Camaro is marketed far more than you are willing to give GM credit for to the audience they intend. NASCAR is now one of those.

When you stop seeing ads on television you will know they don't work. Companies don't spend BILLIONS on TV ads alone for nothing. They get something for it. Which goes to the point of the Camaro. If GM believed they would sell more Camaros with ads they would have done it. You guys who (not an insult) don't do it for a living or have degrees in it seem to think you know more than the people at GM about doing TV ads. We don't. As I've mentioned in the past, Mrs. Number 3 was at one point in her career, the Marketing Manager for Corvette and there are reasons GM does not need to spend money on Corvette TV ads.

You may suggest GM take the tact of using the Camaro to boost Chevy.....oh wait they've done that already.

So other than making us feel good, there is very likely no business case for GM to create the commercial and buy TV time. Just as an example, if you spend $10,000,000 on producing a commercial and buying air time, and then for giggles assume GM makes $3,000 per Camaro (8% on ATP which would be VERY good) you would need to sell 3,333 more Camaros just to break even.

Take my current companies products. When was the last time you saw a TV advertisement for International Trucks? Or one of our competitors for that matter? TV ads do not reach our intended customer in a way that is meaningful to sales. It doesn't mean we don't advertise or market our products. We do a LOT of that. It just isn't in ways you see every day.

GM believes that they are marketing the car to it's intended customers without running TV ads.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #2148
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Dodge seems to do just the opposite.
Tons of commercials with tire smoke and hooning, and around here the streets are littered with Chargers and Challengers.

People are bitching about Camaro sales versus Challenger and Mustang, and it just seems Dodge and Ford run commercials and GM doesn't.

I'm not a marketing expert, but this is just what I see so I called it out.
Poor sales and no commercials aimed at the average public.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #2149
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Dodge seems to do just the opposite.
Tons of commercials with tire smoke and hooning, and around here the streets are littered with Chargers and Challengers.

People are bitching about Camaro sales versus Challenger and Mustang, and it just seems Dodge and Ford run commercials and GM doesn't.

I'm not a marketing expert, but this is just what I see so I called it out.
Poor sales and no commercials aimed at the average public.
Plain and simple, Poor marketing on the Camaro. Chevrolet and Camaro need to be in your face like Dodge, need to get your blood pumping like Dodge. Look at the Challenger marketing, look at the constant changes to keep that car interesting. Look at the effort Dodge puts in to let the world know of these changes and finally look at Challenger sales

If Chevrolet starts believing there cars will sell themselves because they are so good, there dreaming. Look at whats going on with Cadillac, fantastic cars and none are selling and are overpriced. Similar to the Camaro.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #2150
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Ive never purschased a car from a TV add. To me they are not worth it for cars like the Camaro. They are marketed in a way that people who are into cars, like the Camaro, already know about it. The TV commercial isnt adding anything to it. TV in general is dying for marketing. I do everything I can to not watch commercials on TV. I learn about products when and where I want too with the internet.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #2151
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Dodge sells five models in total. Two of them are Challenger and Charger. In contrast, Camaro is a niche vehicle for Chevy/GM that has outsold Challenger every year of its existence.

Once fleet/rental sales are separated out of the totals, Camaro retail outsold Mustang and Challenger handily in the 2017.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #2152
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
I'm still wondering what the sales totals for the 2010-2015 MY in the Camaro would look like if rentals were factored out..
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:11 PM   #2153
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Mabye Chevy doesn't "need" to run Camaro ads, but would it hurt to show some SS and ZL1 Camaro headlights peering out through a massive cloud of burnout smoke and some cool shots of them tearing up the track? Nope! But then again, I don't recall ever seeing any cool Mustang commercials either and they litter the roads around here something awful. It's so bad I begin to wonder if the people are just hard wired to automatically buy Mustang when they want something more sporty.

Dodge does much better at marketing and like the poster above said, I also see tons of Chargers and Challengers on the road here. Granted most are v6 models (as are the Mustangs) but at least Dodge gets the word out and it certainly doesn't harm their sales. I saw a 6.4L Scat Pack Challenger at a car show today and it was nice looking, but huge...that thing's a boat.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #2154
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
If they are going to do Camaro commercials they should make them memorable and not run of the mill.

I remember these and it's been 20 years !

http://youtu.be/fTkDMPJRiKs

http://youtu.be/f9Ho-uyPock

Can someone explain to me how to embed these ?
-
-
-
-
Old 05-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #2155
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
If they are going to do Camaro commercials they should make them memorable and not run of the mill.

I remember these and it's been 20 years !

http://youtu.be/fTkDMPJRiKs

http://youtu.be/f9Ho-uyPock

Can someone explain to me how to embed these ?
-
-
-
-
I remember the first one! That WS6 was so bad ass when it came out.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #2156
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
If the Camaro is killing the Challenger and Mustang in sales then why the refresh to improve sales.
I r cornfused.

Mustang.

Camaro.
Never saw this one, but to be honest it sounds like a boring infomercial.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!