Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #155
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
At the point ALMOST definitely AINT good enough for me, they either are or they are not. Hopefully I have made myself clear enough and they understand me. But we will see.
I guess I'm just too nice. They remade two wheels and I am greatful for that. I told Nick that I would take video of them being spun before I drove on them and if I put them on my car then they would be mine. He agreed and I never took video. The two wheels wer fine. The shop said there was no problems. I was on the phone with a client as they were doing it. So I accept that. Car drove much better. Vibration almost gone. I accepted that I basically lost on this purchase. I saw something (SV-29 wheels) and I wanted them to a fault.

Then the paint started peeling off. It was such a pain in the ass to get shit done that I decided I just lost all the way around. I'd live with what I had. And so it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I get a lot of the "sucker" look too. I just paid too much for pretty wheels. My wheels are fine now that they've been refinished. But, I have so much in them that I'll be lucky to get half out of them (if I can sell them at all).
Make some barstools.

Quote:
The way people look at me I think I have it tatooed on my forehead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
"Pretty"

sorry... couldn't help it....

Keep it up. I'll buy some 18s and I'LL be the Bully.

Quote:
I'd like it if they paid the $360 I paid to ship the wheels to them...
I never even asked for mine back. Never even brought it up as far as wanting to be reembursed. Funny thing is that time they found that one of the wheels was bent. I guess that was my fault for having them shipped to ME and not a shop. Becaue then they said they'd only ship them to a shop.

I'll summarize my whole deal in a bit. Basically AFTER buying my wheels and getting them here initially, after mounting, balancing, dismounting, shipping, remounting balancing, not getting my sensors back, getting them back and having them put in and rebalanced, it cost quite a bit.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #156
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Oh Randy you definitely have patience and I normally do but after the crap with my truck and now the wheels I had just had enough. We have a saying at work " If you play P**** then you get F*****" I think this is Savini's Motto.

NOBODY wants to be the bad guy or "THAT GUY/GIRL" Porblem is Nice guys/girls finish last especially with Savini.

I kinda got a bad taste in my mouth when TU basically told Nick ( BFXAuto) that he wasn't talking to me anymore, playing the " He doesn't know how forums work" thing....OK and laying it all on the feet of Nick( BFXAUTO).

OK if that is the way this game is played then fine, Nick will hold the bag. If enough vendors get screwed by Savini like the customers are then they will quite honestly quit selling their stuff because the risk is not worth the reward.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #157
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'll swap for that tank you got in the trunk.
You really don't want that tank in the trunk... GTA will really start accusing you of cheating then...
Old 08-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #158
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Oh Randy you definitely have patience and I normally do but after the crap with my truck and now the wheels I had just had enough. We have a saying at work " If you play P**** then you get F*****" I think this is Savini's Motto.

NOBODY wants to be the bad guy or "THAT GUY/GIRL" Porblem is Nice guys/girls finish last especially with Savini.

I kinda got a bad taste in my mouth when TU basically told Nick ( BFXAuto) that he wasn't talking to me anymore, playing the " He doesn't know how forums work" thing....OK and laying it all on the feet of Nick( BFXAUTO).

OK if that is the way this game is played then fine, Nick will hold the bag. If enough vendors get screwed by Savini like the customers are then they will quite honestly quit selling their stuff because the risk is not worth the reward.
Well, the saying "Nice guys fihish last" stems from this right here. No doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You really don't want that tank in the trunk... GTA will really start accusing you of cheating then...
Not sure if my bottom end could take it right now.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #159
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
LOL. I have to admit they do have some nice LOOKING wheels. PQ's wheels are some of the best looking wheels on any Camaro period. Too bad Savini quality and service stinks.
Oh no doubt. that sad part is... IMVHO there isn't a better wheel/camaro combination on this site than what Randy has done to his car...

It really is a shame...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Start!!!??? shoot, I've already asked for a hearing....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #160
kaveduck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS V8- IOM
Seems this thread hardly scratches the surface of the issues regarding Savini.... Thanks for the links Emma, looking up PQ's stuff now!
kaveduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #161
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveduck View Post
Seems this thread hardly scratches the surface of the issues regarding Savini.... Thanks for the links Emma, looking up PQ's stuff now!
Hopefully eevryone will compile their issues here so that it will be much easier for people to find when making wheel decsions in the future.

I get ALOT of PM's and comments on my wheels about how good they look.....to bad the response isn't as good............VIBRATION is killing these wheels and SAVINI's Business in my opinion, along with the FINISH, CUSTOMER SERVICE Issue they are sinking themselves.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #162
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveduck View Post
Let me help you.

The end of this thread. My initial thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67825

This is a good one too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96617

Here is the thread I settled on Savini with. I appreciated the help that Nick had given me and, like I said, the wheels were MUCH better. Until I drove a few other Camaros with 22s.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104663
Old 08-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #163
PQ
Booooosted.

Keep in mind, my anger now is with the paint. And it's a big deal to me because of all the bullshit I went through in the whole process.

Like I said, the wheels are almost perfectly round. I have driven a few 22 inch wheels 5th Gens since and mine still have a slight vibration. Rotors have been checked as well. Acceptable, not perfect.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #164
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
I understand what you all are saying about the vendor providing great service, it's the manufacturer (Savini) who has the problem.

This isn't directed at any particular vendor, so I don't need any of them jumping in here telling us what a great job they did, but I get tired of vendors hiding behind that excuse.

Dealerships do this all the time. Just search some threads about dealership problems and you'll see what I mean. GM points fingers at the dealership, the dealership points fingers at GM. This is exactly what allows the lack of accountability, and astonishingly, many people defend the dealerships as having no responsibility for a GM problem.

As an example, I bought a new recliner last year. It broke earlier this year, from an obvious manufacturing defect. I called the furniture store. They had good news and bad news. Good news was that it's under warranty. The bad new is that the manufacturer went out of business.

Why should that matter? I bought the recliner from the furniture store NOT the manufacturer. I don't want to hear any BS (Baloney Sandwiches) about the store not having any responsibility.

By the same token, the vendors who sold these Savini wheels also have a responsibility. Whether or not they will live up to it, or are legally liable is an open question.

However, they represented and sold the products from this company and have a moral obligation to see things are made right. The very first time a vendor has a manufacturer that won't live up to their obligations, that vendor should immediately stop representing and selling that manufacturers products.

Whatever happened to vendors caring about their reputation? As long as they can point fingers at the manufacturer and as long as people generally go along with this excuse, they don't need to worry about their reputation, so they don't.

When I buy something from Walmart and it doesn't work, I take it back to Walmart. Walmart deals with the manufacturer, not me.

And before you point out this is different from Walmart, I submit that it's not. It may be a different product for a different market, but the PRINCIPLE is the same.

What if the first time Savini hosed a customer, the vendor told them to make it right or they will stop selling their products? Multiply that times all the vendors with customers who have had problems. Even if it's only 20%, I'm sure Savini wouldn't want to lose 20% of their total business.

If the vendors cared about their reputations, and held the manufacturers accountable, WHO THE VENDOR IS REPRESENTING, then the manufacturers would quickly provide quality products and service, or they would soon be out of business.

Instead, we have a manufacturer shipping crappy products to vendors, vendors selling to customers and pocketing the money, and customers buying the argument that the vendor has no responsibility, it's the manufacturers problem.

The only person who loses is the customer, while the vendor and the manufacturer spend your money.
+1... very well said.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #165
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
The only person who loses is the customer, while the vendor and the manufacturer spend your money.

yep. I'm a loser
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #166
The Beard

Drives: 2013 2SS HWSE M6
Quote:
My Forgeline wheels arrive tomorrow. My 22" Savinis are coming off my car. I'm eating an $8k loss.
OUCH!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #167
Berean

Drives: Truck
Darth Emma

I saw your new wheels in the CGM thread.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #168
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Darth Emma

I saw your new wheels in the CGM thread.
Yeah, I'm pretty much pasting those pics any place someone will look at them! I'm VERY pleased with my new sneakers!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote