Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Question on Camaro

Found a Camaro about 4-5 hours from my house that matches everything I want. 2ss RS Orange with Orange Int and black strips. They are asking 39,100 for it and I get another $700 off from going with USAA.

First off Im thinking that sounds like a good deal with it also coming with a Sun Roof. However on the sheet they sent if states something about spare tire and wheel not desired. Hmmmm does it not come with a spare??? Thought someone might know? Surely I would think it does.

Also Kinda nervous about going down 5 hrs to get and wondering what is the best precaution when driving back?? Im refering to the front end and all the rocks and bugs...I was planning on getting protective shield if I bought locally to put on right away. Going to get out of town not able to do. I have seen some cars with blue tape but wondering how that does with the paint and wondering what are the cons or just not worry about it.

Also do most of the Orange with orange interior come with the painted doors and dash orange..Thats what Im wanting. Sooooo anyways thanks for any info and if anything you want to add that I should look for going out of town to get let me know....As stated I had planned on ordering one in Jan from local dealer but this might be quicker and easier
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Dave the Mule

Drives: 2LT/RS
The SS model doesn't come with a spare. It won't fit over the brakes. Instead you get an inflator and tire sealant.
Dave the Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
Found a Camaro about 4-5 hours from my house that matches everything I want. 2ss RS Orange with Orange Int and black strips. They are asking 39,100 for it and I get another $700 off from going with USAA.

First off Im thinking that sounds like a good deal with it also coming with a Sun Roof. However on the sheet they sent if states something about spare tire and wheel not desired. Hmmmm does it not come with a spare??? Thought someone might know? Surely I would think it does.

Also Kinda nervous about going down 5 hrs to get and wondering what is the best precaution when driving back?? Im refering to the front end and all the rocks and bugs...I was planning on getting protective shield if I bought locally to put on right away. Going to get out of town not able to do. I have seen some cars with blue tape but wondering how that does with the paint and wondering what are the cons or just not worry about it.

Also do most of the Orange with orange interior come with the painted doors and dash orange..Thats what Im wanting. Sooooo anyways thanks for any info and if anything you want to add that I should look for going out of town to get let me know....As stated I had planned on ordering one in Jan from local dealer but this might be quicker and easier
none of the SS models have a spare tire. It's not even optional.

I am pretty sure the orange interior come with the orange accented doors and dash panels.

I wouldn't worry about rocks and such too much, My HHR is 2 1/2 years old with 46,000 miles and it hasn't got any chips on it yet...
Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
ttexxan

Thanks for the info guys!! Looking forward to the small road trip if everything pans out. Check on insurance today through USAA and not to bad either at $35 a month. Never thought it wouldnt come with a spare...Guess have onstar, but wish had some other Nav type system
Old 12-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
BlownSS

dont forget to get the 500 dollars back at the time you sign the papers for the 60 day return opt-out!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
Dave Wilson

Drives: Corvette/Camaro
Be aware of break in procedure
Dave Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
What the others have said is true.

Yes your orange interior comes with those orange panels and lighting.

Also, just avoid tail gating. I was driving on the hwy when out of nowhere a "loose gravel" sign pops up. They were patching the road. So I slowed down and kept an 1/8th mile dist between the car ahead of me and I was fine
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Tex, i have a IOM car, with the IO pkg interior, will LOVE IT, and yes it comes with the orange door panels, the Orange across the dash, it also has the orange ambiant door lighting, and since you are looking at a 2SS/RS, the guage lighting is orange as well. The price you were quoted is a good one......I hope it all works out of you......you WILL love that car.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
ttexxan

what is the 500 dollars that billyjk is refering to?? Havent heard of that??
Old 12-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Thanks for the info guys!! Looking forward to the small road trip if everything pans out. Check on insurance today through USAA and not to bad either at $35 a month. Never thought it wouldnt come with a spare...Guess have onstar, but wish had some other Nav type system
$35/month!?!? WOW
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
StealthMan

Drives: 88 IROC-Z Convert, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Quote:
If you waive the right to return the car within 60 days per GM's return policy..you get a $500.00 credit for the waiver.
StealthMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
gmunson

Drives: '12 SS/45th Vert, Old - 2010 1LT
$500 rebate

Quote:
GM's running that 60-day return policy right now. Part of their "May the best car win" campaign. If you decline the 60-day return option, you get $500 off the car. It's definitely the way to go, since there are tons of strings attached to the 60-day option that make it way less appealing. Plus...it's a freakin' Camaro...you won't be returning it!
gmunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #13
Bryan

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
I drove mine about 2000 miles from ND to FL 3 days after buying mine. A couple of bugs but no chips from rocks or other miscellaneous debris.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #14
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
BTW, the USAA discount is $750.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote